Exterior Talk about your rims, bodykits, and other exterior mods here.

Who has Technical Details for Bonnet-Mascot on X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Technical Details for Bonnet-Mascot on X-Type

Hello

I want to install an Jaguar Bonnet-Mascot (Part. C2Z25878) on my X-Type Estate 2007. This part is standard used on jaguar cars in Australia & the USA. Are their in these Countries my Official Documents available at which impact force the Bonnet-Mascot will rotate to prevent violation of pedestrians.

Here in Europe it is difficult to find an an jaguar with a Bonnet Mascot because of different Traffic Regulations. The old Bonnet-Mascot which was hold with 2 screw is explicit forbidden here in Europe. Even if you have an Classic Car or Oldtimer you need to remove it, otherwise your driving permissions for these cars are not valid anymore!

When I need to go to crash laboratory it will costs me at least CHF 5000 (US$5000) for such a research report.

Is their anyone who is able to help me? I read it had takes years before the regulators in Australia allowed this new Bonnet-Mascot. Maybe their are documents around

Regards
Gérard

Attached Thumbnails Who has Technical Details for Bonnet-Mascot on X-Type-k%FChlerfigur.jpg  
Old 05-20-2015, 02:26 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Arden sell a Jaguar mascot which they claim is approved under European Safety Directives - Part Number AAK 42000.

Who has Technical Details for Bonnet-Mascot on X-Type-arden.jpg
(click on the mage to enlarge it)

It is supplied with the relevant TUV Certificate. This TÜV approval allows the use of this Leaper under European Law and is applicable to all countries within the EU including the UK.

Presumably Switzerland will accept an EU certification?

Graham