F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Adding back in the fuel door lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 01:30 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Lightbulb Adding back in the fuel door lock

Well I can't figure out why my car doesn't have a locking fuel door, this is 2017, gas is expensive and so are gas caps, so started to look at the fuel door on other Jaguars and they have locking fuel doors, so I checked mine and there are the provisions for the locking pin on the door and the area in the filler area that would house the pin and solenoid, so now to,see if this in other markets, why add this if it's not available, so my question is, is this on your F-PACE if so what part of the world do you live in, and how does this work for you also it there a place that I can find vehicle diagrams with part numbers and how to remove and replace items, I'm going to look in the rear area under the covering to see if there is a plug for the locking pin, then I need to order parts and plug them in.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

DP

Fuel door with hole for locking pin

Area in filler area where the locking pin would push in to door.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I asked these questions about my XE when I first bought and it I never got any answers. it's as if they forgot to add the lock solenoid or something.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I found the door pin and locking solenoid part numbers here. I just need to find a shop manual to take it apart and install it.

https://parts.jaguarpalmbeach.com/a/...S/4750615.html