F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

C-x17

 
  #21  
Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

As for size, the C-X17 concept rides on a ~115" wheelbase with an overall length of ~185", the Evoque is ~105" and ~172" respectively. So, the C-X17 is pretty small but the Evoque is even smaller, the production version, if it remains relatively unchanged dimension wise should be aimed at the X3 and the like.
 
  #22  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8,272
Recieved 3,641 Likes on 2,167 Posts
Default

I'm not so sure that the CX17 will be as popular as the Evoque, I suspect that it'll be priced in a higher bracket (in Australia at least) because of the difference in pricing that already exists between the brands.

LR2 here starts at $45K, up to ~$80K fully loaded.
Evoque starts at $55K, up to ~$100K fully loaded.
LR4 from $77K up to ~$120K fully loaded
RRS from $100k up to ~$200K fully loaded
Vogue from $180K up to ???? (I guess ~$400K for LWB Black Edition)

Not forgetting that the LR2 is about to be replaced by the Discovery Sport, which looks a lot like an Evoque...i'm sure it'll steal some Evoque sales...

Pricing of the CX17 may depend a lot on where the XE is pitched, or maybe not, nobody has leaked a price point yet. But I suspect it'll be similar to the RRS, if you compare what we have seen of the CX17 to the Evoque, it will be certainly a class above; full alloy body for a start, the Evoque & Disco Sport are still steel...
 
  #23  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

I don't see it costing more than the XF, it'll have to be competitive with the X3, GLK and the like.
 
  #24  
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8,272
Recieved 3,641 Likes on 2,167 Posts
Default

X3 starts at around $70K here, which is also the starting point of the XF (2.0L turbo)
 
  #25  
Old 12-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Recieved 981 Likes on 833 Posts
Default

The X3 starts at under $50K in the U.S.
 
  #26  
Old 12-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

If I had to guess I'd say it will start in the $40-42K range.
 
  #27  
Old 12-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Recieved 981 Likes on 833 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF View Post
If I had to guess I'd say it will start in the $40-42K range.
Agreed, and in order for it to be in play in a very crowded market segment, it will need to be there. In addition, most BMW dealers have used, late-model, CPO X3s available in the high $20K range.
 
  #28  
Old 12-11-2014, 01:09 AM
alexg's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Anselmo
Posts: 707
Recieved 97 Likes on 64 Posts
Default

Jaguar is obviously releasing this SUV so if you have an issue with that and the Jaguar brand than you are wasting your energy unless you are willing to move along to Ferrari or another, (even Lambo bringing out an SUV in 2016). If you are worried about what the styling is like etc, just test drive it and make a decision. If you are worried what other people think about you spending your cash on a particular type of car or brand, then I pity you, really. Good day.
 
  #29  
Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Foosh's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,177
Recieved 981 Likes on 833 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alexg View Post
Jaguar is obviously releasing this SUV so if you have an issue with that and the Jaguar brand than you are wasting your energy unless you are willing to move along to Ferrari or another, (even Lambo bringing out an SUV in 2016). If you are worried about what the styling is like etc, just test drive it and make a decision. If you are worried what other people think about you spending your cash on a particular type of car or brand, then I pity you, really. Good day.
Sigh . . . just participating in a conversation that briefly captured my attention at the time. Yes, it is perfectly obvious that Jaguar is going to produce something like an SUV, and it's even more obvious that everyone else is doing it.

You seem to be worrying about this thread too much. I feel for you. Any forum is about the exchange of opinions. I find plenty of conversations that don't interest me, and I don't participate. You might try that and save your pity for something more worthy. Good day!
 
  #30  
Old 12-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8,272
Recieved 3,641 Likes on 2,167 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alexg View Post
Jaguar is obviously releasing this SUV so if you have an issue with that and the Jaguar brand than you are wasting your energy unless you are willing to move along to Ferrari or another, (even Lambo bringing out an SUV in 2016). If you are worried about what the styling is like etc, just test drive it and make a decision. If you are worried what other people think about you spending your cash on a particular type of car or brand, then I pity you, really. Good day.
What?
 
  #31  
Old 12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

This is how I feel about this and any other vehicle that someone feels is diluting a brand; does said vehicle make you enjoy your car any less? If no, why even care, in the end it'll probably help fund the car(s) in the portfolio that you like.
 
The following users liked this post:
alexg (12-11-2014)
  #32  
Old 12-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,748
Recieved 854 Likes on 611 Posts
Default

I want Jaguar to succeed in the auto world. If they feel the need to bring out a certain model to keep the brand going, so do it.
Not everybody will like all models, but there's something for all of us.
Some don't like the new XE and some do, some don't like the CX-17 and some do.
I don't believe Jaguar is going to be able to please everybody with all models.
More power to corporate (TATA) to keep the brand alive and hopefully, I'll be able to obtain another one in the future.
 
  #33  
Old 12-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 939
Recieved 122 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

I hear Jaguar is having "further considerations" about the C-X17 and may be shelving it altogether.
 
  #34  
Old 12-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

Where did you hear that? Last I heard it would be due in 2016, I assume the article meant for the UK.

Jaguar's new 2016 SUV 'is not an SUV' | Autocar
 
  #35  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Spikepaga's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Galleria Area Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,217
Recieved 306 Likes on 213 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I hear Jaguar is having "further considerations" about the C-X17 and may be shelving it altogether.
From your mouth to God's ears. Last thing that Jaguar needs is to start the horrid brand dilution BMW is going thru. Everyone gets a BMW now like Toyotas. One of their recent ads said the X3 is "designed and built in America". I can't imagine why In the world anyone would want their ultimate GERMAN driving machine "designed and build" anywhere other than Bayern, much less flaunt it around in a ad.

Jaguar should exploit their exclusivity and boutique-like image instead of trying to compete with companies that are capable of building over 80 model variations from three platforms like BMW. That is an unattainable and unreal goal.

Despite the difference in price range, Jaguar is still viewed with a certain mystique like Rolls Royce or Aston Martin. Don't ruin that by building these stupid feminized Suzy home-maker SUV crossovers for house wives to pick up their kids or Christmas-sweater wearing husbands to go to Trader Joes with. Jaguars are about exclusivity and edge. ...Edgy people are not fitting magnolias and daffodils in the back of SUV's while little Aaaron is spilling juice from his car seat, and please spare those egalitarian delusions of "something for everyone". If that was reality then everyone should sell their Jaguars and buy Priuses. As unpleasant as it may be to hear, the truth is that most Jaguar drivers don't want to pull up to a stop to find their same car in all four corners of the intersection. That does very much ruin how much you enjoy your car. Is it elitist?...perhaps but it's reality. Very much like Frank Lloyd Wright said, I choose honest arrogance over hypocritical humility.

While I may not be a fan of all of the current Jaguar design language, I am a big fan of their advertisement and super-exclusive yet somewhat attainable image. Specially with the F type, they have created an incredibly alluring desirable image.
 

Last edited by Spikepaga; 12-26-2014 at 12:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ldmack3 (12-27-2014)
  #36  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 107
Recieved 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Spikepaga View Post
From your mouth to God's ears. Last thing that Jaguar needs is to start the horrid brand dilution BMW is going thru. Everyone gets a BMW now like Toyotas. One of their recent ads said the X3 is "designed and built in America". I can't imagine why In the world anyone would want their ultimate GERMAN driving machine "designed and build" anywhere other than Bayern, much less flaunt it around in a ad.

Jaguar should exploit their exclusivity and boutique-like image instead of trying to compete with companies that are capable of building over 80 model variations from three platforms like BMW. That is an unattainable and unreal goal.

Despite the difference in price range, Jaguar is still viewed with a certain mystique like Rolls Royce or Aston Martin. Don't ruin that by building these stupid feminized Suzy home-maker SUV crossovers for house wives to pick up their kids or Christmas-sweater wearing husbands to go to Trader Joes with. Jaguars are about exclusivity and edge. ...Edgy people are not fitting magnolias and daffodils in the back of SUV's while little Aaaron is spilling juice from his car seat, and please spare those egalitarian delusions of "something for everyone". If that was reality then everyone should sell their Jaguars and buy Priuses. As unpleasant as it may be to hear, the truth is that most Jaguar drivers don't want to pull up to a stop to find their same car in all four corners of the intersection. That does very much ruin how much you enjoy your car. Is it elitist?...perhaps but it's reality. Very much like Frank Lloyd Wright said, I choose honest arrogance over hypocritical humility.

While I may not be a fan of all of the current Jaguar design language, I am a big fan of their advertisement and super-exclusive yet somewhat attainable image. Specially with the F type, they have created an incredibly alluring desirable image.
Very well put.
Thank you
 
  #37  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

I'm pretty sure Bentley, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce all have plans or are considering entering a "SUV" into their portfolio. It all comes down to making money.
 
The following users liked this post:
Spikepaga (12-27-2014)
  #38  
Old 12-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Spikepaga's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Galleria Area Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,217
Recieved 306 Likes on 213 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF View Post
I'm pretty sure Bentley, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce all have plans or are considering entering a "SUV" into their portfolio. It all comes down to making money.
That's really no surprise given that Rolls Royce is fully owned by.....BMW AND Bentley by VW. Aston Martin had a Lagonda SUV concept, but wisely dropped it. I am pretty sure if there is anyone with common sense at BMW's Rolls Royce division and Volkswagens Bentley division, saner heads will prevail there too. And just because others are doing it does not mean that Jaguar should do it too just to squeeze another penny in. It's disgusting to see how BMW would be willing to build a pick-up (and probably will) just so they can over-saturate the market from every angle. Those tactics work in the short term, but not in the long run specially for a small company that does not have the capability of competing like Jaguar. You keep on hearing how "they need a SUV to survive now" they don't .....and those same people would be advocating they build a rolling toilet should those become fashionable too. Jaguar is now and always has been about its image. Even thru the dark days of British Leyland ownership, people bought oil leaking, expontanously combusting Jaguars because owning a Jaguar has always been above all that and means something in an entirely different realm from the realm of those castrated vehicles called "SUV crossovers"....

They do built great real luxury trucks called Land Rovers though.
 

Last edited by Spikepaga; 12-27-2014 at 10:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Napoleon Solo (12-31-2014)
  #39  
Old 12-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 504
Recieved 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default

Listen, I'm not saying that I don't see what you're saying, but I simply don't see Jaguar turning into BMW by having one car that isn't what we're used to. BMW has seemingly filled every niche possible. At the end of the day they're still going to be a small player in comparison, and as I've been saying would you rather them have a SUV in the lineup or the possibility of Jaguar ceasing to exist? Jaguar styling is vastly different than LR RR, and the characteristics differ greatly too.
 
The following users liked this post:
Spikepaga (12-27-2014)
  #40  
Old 12-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 107
Recieved 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

My wife just bought a 2015 ML350. Quiet, smooth and comfortable.
Great car. But to me, it's just another SUV. Might as well be a Chevy.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C-x17


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: