F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

F-Pace Receiver Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default F-Pace Receiver Hitch

What, exactly, does one get with the $650 "tow hitch receiver" package? Is it just the piece of "iron" below the bumper, or are there some other features that are included? For example, speed limiter or trailer sway control when being used. Just asking?
THANX

Old 12-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
What, exactly, does one get with the $650 "tow hitch receiver" package? Is it just the piece of "iron" below the bumper, or are there some other features that are included? For example, speed limiter or trailer sway control when being used. Just asking?
THANX
The alternate option is to get an aftermarket and then program the car. Aftermarket appears to be about $2,000 USD so... the $650 for the hitch and the programming seems to be a bargain.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Thank you. But, just what does "programming" get you? In other words, if one does opt for an aftermarket tow hitch installation, what do you need to do to replicate what Jaguar provides as original equipment? Sorry, but I just don't understand. Thank you for being patient with me.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
Thank you. But, just what does "programming" get you? In other words, if one does opt for an aftermarket tow hitch installation, what do you need to do to replicate what Jaguar provides as original equipment? Sorry, but I just don't understand. Thank you for being patient with me.
In the case of my BMW it meant that you had to pay the dealership to code the electronics in the vehicle so that the brake lights, turn signals, and such are all able to communicate with the electrical connections on the hitch itself. You would need to speak with someone @ Jaguar or someone on one of these forums to understand what would be needed with after market wiring connections.

The following users liked this post:
KingFala (12-26-2016)