F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Rotary Shifter Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Arrow Rotary Shifter Options

Have any of you swapped out your stock Rotary Shifter for an upgrade?

Years ago I swapped out my old XFR's Shifter for the new shifter found in the loaded XJL-R as it was a premium feel and metal/leather vs my junk plastic knob.

I then seen Jaguar sells another one in the Acc Catalog and I later got that one ($100) and that had a nice solid heavy metal grippy feel to it.

So is there any others out there that have done this as well and is there any others out there that are worth trying out that are very premium or Niche and not cheesy? When it comes to the shifter I like a premium feel just like I feel the cars key FOB should which it doesn't. I think the key FOB for all our cars are some old recycled Volvo/Ford type and look horrible hence why I put a nice Carbon Fiber shell on it to give it a better feel.

MY XFR upgrade pic: Rotary Shifter Update

Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

When I had my XFR (2010) it had the stock rotary shifter and after talking with the parts guy at my local JLR dealer he pointed out the "new" RRS shifter which had the leather and knurled/milled design should drop right in. He was right, I bought it and I felt it improved the look and feel of the cabin. Reminds me I probably have the stock shifter knob on a shelf in the garage if it's of use to anybody ;-)