F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Major repair problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major repair problem!

I purchased my new Jaguar after custom ordering it from my local dealer in July 2016. From the time of order I received it in 2 months. I was very happy with my purchase until recently. I discovered a major issue with the parts supply chain to Jaguar dealers. I was unfortunate enough in May of 2017 to hit a deer on the interstate. The collision caused about 14k worth of damage in the initial estimate. The car was immediately taken to the dealer we purchased it from. About a month after they received the car they finally got around to completely assessing the damage to the vehicle and discovered they required more parts. This required a supplemental statement to be issued to my insurance company to pay for the additional cost. The dealer took another 2-3 weeks to prepare the supplemental estimate. They in the mean time ordered the parts from Jaguar (mid June) and were told the parts had to be custom made and would not be ready until September. After several calls to the dealer they contacted Jaguar and arranged to have parts pulled from the assembly line. It still took 3-4 weeks (according to the dealer) to get the parts. It was only in mid July that I even got an estimate from the deal when the car would actually be repaired and then only a vague idea. It has now been 3 1/2 months and the car is supposedly almost finished. About a month ago, I received a customer satisfaction survey in my email (ironically) which I completed immediately along with my story. I actually received a response today telling me someone would call to discuss the matter with me. I hope they do. After my insurance company stopped paying for a rental car after two months, I finally got the dealership to give me a loaner car. The BMW Land Rover Jaguar dealer gave me a 2015 Honda Civic to drive. The biggest issue I have is that the dealer has been very unresponsive and only take about 1/3 of my calls. I am thoroughly disgusted with my dealer (A&L Jaguar of Monroeville, PA) and Jaguar that cant make parts available to the thousands of cars they have already sold faster than this. I took two months to build my car and it will be 4 months to repair it. I paid a premium price for a luxury car and expected to get premium service and treatment with it. For this reason I will most likely never buy another Jag or at least not from my current dealer. The sad part is my wife absolutely loves the car. I can't remember as I haven't driven it for 3 1/2 months.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did Jaguar ever call you? What did they say?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I just received my car back Monday (9/25/2017). It was dropped off for repair on 5/17/2017. I finally started communicating with the fixed operations manager Bob Henninger about three weeks ago. He was nice but gave me the same excuses why it was not fixed as I had already heard. He did stay in communication for the most part. They completed repairs on the car on 9/11/2017. The repair shop took a week after the repairs were completed to finish the final paperwork to turn in to my insurance company. It I stayed in contact with my insurance company who assured my they dealt with this shop all the time and there should be no problem with them releasing my car immediately. The repair shop insisted on making sure they got the money before car was released. I figured out it was because the estimate grew from the initial 14k to repair to the final of 26k. They were afraid insurance would not approve I guess. My Insurance (Erie) was great. They even hand delivered a check to the dealer on 9/18/2017 so that I could get car back before a work trip to SC. The final paperwork was not completed and submitted until 9/16/2018. Bob assured me they would deliver the car to me (2 hour trip) by noon the next day when I had to leave for 8 hour road trip. I was looking forward to putting the Jag through its paces on the trip. Noon rolled around on Tuesday and no car. I called every number at the dealership I had and sent emails. Finally, at 1:30 PM I got a call from Bob apologizing because he had been in a meeting all morning. As it turns out they started to bring me the car and noticed a leak in the radiator hose. They didn't bother to call to let me know. He said well its a good thing we noticed it. Keep in mind they had replaced the radiator and aux radiator and would have had to recharge and pressure test the system already and noticed no leak. They didn't bother to replace the hose with all the other new parts. Bob said they were working on it and would have it to me later that afternoon. I said don't bother I have to leave for my trip. They brought it to me on the following Monday. Everything appears to be fine and the car looks great. Unfortunately I may never buy another Jag. If I do it won't be from A&L Motors. I still love my F-Pace though. As a side note I was contacted over a month ago from Jag corporate Customer care after I submitted a negative customer satisfaction survey. They wanted to speak with me directly to help with my issue. I sent them my cell # and no one called. After sending them several emails and calling them back a guy named Danny Vilotta finally took MY call. He said he would look into the issue for me. This was last Tuesday on my trip to SC after resolving the issue myself. He has yet to call me back. Jag corporate customer satisfaction people are also a joke. If Jaguar is going to continue to ramp up production in the US they need to make some real changes!