F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Pleasantly Surprised - Later F-Pace Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Pleasantly Surprised - Later F-Pace Build Quality

I held off on this until I had a chance to pressure test things, so hear goes.

I bought an F-Pace and had it delivered last summer (2016). Recognizing that it was a first generation build, I expected some issues. However, not nearly the levels that i had to face off with. I won't put them down here as it defeats the purpose of this post, but trust me it was frustrating to say the least, very much so. I got to know the dealer service folks and JLRNA quite well. No screaming, threats, etc., but rather true interests from all sides to get things right, fighting what we concluded to be "Murphy's law" with this first production batch released unit.

Eventually, I did a buy-back, and had the option to walk away or replace. I checked out the SUV's in the marketplace, considering the highly priced Maserati, or looked into the new Alfa Romeo about to be released, the Land Rover's, and many others. I continued to conclude that I wasn't nearly as satisfied for one reason or another as I was with my F-Pace ride, look, features etc. I kept thinking, Damn.....if they could only get it right, it is the car for me. I worked diligently with the Jaguar team, and was satisfied that is was worth it to give it another go with them. In summary I opted for the swap out route and gave it a go one more time, holding my breath for sure.

This thread isn't one of "how can I do the same", as I can't even compare your situations with mine, as it would be guessing. Specificity in each situation is different, so I am not trying to depict that I am the "master" at swap outs. I never expected this, and was pleased based upon my conditions with the vehicle. I don't look to do things that are not ethical, or can hurt a brand, nor do I want to get hurt in the process. This was fair and balanced between customer and Mfg., which is the essence of this thread.

In summary, I can't begin to compliment Jaguar on the replacement vehicle and the progress that they have made at the factory level in advancing these cars. I have a fully optioned vehicle, and the ride, options, technology and look of this car continues to make me think and conclude that I made the right decision in sticking with the brand, and with this model.

Yes, I await the mother of all software updates for the infotainment system, yet recognized this going into the replacement vehicle. However, even the infotainment issues seem to be much better, although not perfect "yet".

For anybody who indulges in forums and the loads of valuable inputs on this and other vehicles, I say read, think and filter out your conclusions appropriately. Look at the car(s) yourself, test drive them, and if still interested in the F-Pace, you will also be impressed with the ride and comfort that this vehicle provides, coupled with the quality fixes that have been embedded at the factory level, where they initially belong. Don't go by the "emotional non validated" statements that we sometimes make on forums. Sometimes the good gets smothered by the "non substantiated" which although normal creates a bit of "research complexity" sorting things out accordingly. The initial builds which unfortunately Jaguar didn't get right at first, were grossly off, however they are doing well with this car now, and it is a perfect compliment to my 2016 F-Type R, finally and happily stated.

Knock wood, issues have grossly subsided to a pleasant ride with an awesome look, chock full of excellent options on this replacement F-Pace. Yes they had to do a swap out, but this also shows that they stood behind the brand and continued to earn my loyalty as a customer in a "sometimes" not always perfect automotive industry.

Signed, finally confident in NJ with my F-Pace!

The following 2 users liked this post by slojotaa:
Mbourne (05-02-2017), sov211 (05-07-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Reading about experiences like yours gives me new confidence in the brand. Thanks for sharing.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (05-01-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I have owned 5 previous jags, bought f-pace last august, have had ZERO issues with it. perfecto, maybe i am just lucky but just waiting until august to have my first free oil change!

slojotaa (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

This is my third new Jag in 5 years a nd the XE is the only one that is letting me down thus far. I must say I am also dealing with the retailer and JLR and so far they are making it right.
I am only i the beginning stages of the corrections and I do NOT want a swap out or buy back but rather my car fixed as I too think it is the car for me and is built exactly how I wanted ever since I seen it back in 2014/2015/2016 at the NYIAS.

I have spoke to the thread starter on the phone personally and I can say I agree with his views 100% and just a few fixes would make the whole experience perfect without the need for any forceful measures. I am very glad to hear JLR is trying very hard at retaining and making its customers happy.

slojotaa (05-30-2017)