F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Unlock Doors from Passenger Door (Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unlock Doors from Passenger Door (Inside)

How do I do I unlock the doors from the passenger side? I only see a lock button and tried pressing the button twice and that did not work. I left my wife in the car ran into the store and she had to climb over to unlock the drivers door. Is there a way for the passenger to unlock all doors?

2019 Fpace Owner

The following users liked this post:
NewLester de Rocin (12-12-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 03:16 PM
Received 6,255 Likes on 5,455 Posts

If you pull either passengers or drivers door handles it unlocks all the doors.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,812 Likes on 12,175 Posts

+1

As detailed in the Owner's Handbook:

https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2016392

Graham

Old 12-12-2022, 01:03 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Wait... I think (I THINK) he means when he's outside the locked driver's door, and he wants his lady to tap an "unlock" so he can get back in.

Here's the thing with Jaguars made around 2015 through 2019: Jaguar openly stated an observation that their components and electronic accessories needed to be tailored a certain way that would "help prevent owners from accidents that caused them to forget remotes inside the vehicle, lock the vehicle when items were still left on and draining the battery, etc." (It was a nice way of implying that owners were getting so fumble-minded in their lives that they couldn't even coordinate themselves well enough not to lock themselves out of their own cars, letting the car roll down the hill when they've stepped out without putting it in PARK, and being able to exit the car from a fire in a timely fashion.....UUuugh.)
Some of the bits of programming Jaguar decided to implement were actually good and clever (like the thing that closes your ceiling shade fabric when you lock your car, to retain the cabin climate until you return to the car---GREAT). Some are good but vexing as all hell, like automatically throwing your gear into 'PARK' if you try to drive with your door ajar with the engine on (a necessary thing some of us drivers are accustomed to doing in order to navigate our tight driveway aprons or hedgerows when we've returned home).

Jaguar treated our cabin (maybe they still do in the 2022's cars) like a two-way box. When you're in the cabin and you "lock" the doors, they are not really LOCKED. They just won't let anyone open the door from OUTSIDE the box. Everyone IN the box can leave whenever they want, we have no locks inside our box---anytime you want to leave, your just yank the handle and the door swings open (....ummm, yes, even when the car is in moderate motion on the expressway).
But people INSIDE the box are not allowed to freeiy "unlock" the doors for someone OUTSIDE the box to enter... Annoying as hell, but a faithful tenacious security feature.
Only the DRIVER has command to "unlock" his car for people outside (LOL, yes including the driver who is outside sometimes) to climb in. The Driver can do this from the governor panel of his driver-door (the place your wife had to struggle to reach), OR he can do it by carrying the fob key with him at ALL TIMES (which is what I think Jaguar is trying to nanny us to do...never leave that key someplace else---keep it on you even for a quick dash across the street).
Jaguar intentionally did not provide ANY other convenience-buttons in the car for allowing a person OUTSIDE the car, to get INSDIE.

Sorry mcjeff,... you'll have to decide if this is one of those good features for you, or one of the vexing-me-to-hell features for you. Let us know, LOL.

Last edited by NewLester de Rocin; 12-12-2022 at 01:07 PM.