F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st bizarre experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

To add to the bazaarness, I took mine into the same dealer for my first service, a couple hours later, and they gave me a sapphire blue Disco!

Old 02-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

I've never got a Discovery as a loaner but I did once get an Evoque. The F-Pace is bigger, but not as squishy a ride. They're still wrangling with the satellite radio so I have the F-Pace for the weekend. That's a bummer because I was looking forward to a coastal trip tomorrow, and now I'll be making it in the Jaggernaut. At least the mileage is looking good. I think I'm averaging almost 50% better than the F-Type.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

FINAL INFO!

That check engine light was associated with fixing the vacuum issue from the solenoid, or whatever.

I had two, maybe 3, fuel injectors dead.

Injectors 1 and 3 had set codes. Replaced them, and not "operating as designed". My service rep guy said it was 3, but the paper only says 2. I will trust the paper. They also found and fixed a coolant leak, b/c excessive moisture was under the hood with that "smell". Found the leak behind the throttle body, so they removed the supercharger and replaced the failed bypass hose. Now Operating as designed!

They also found a dead battery and replaced that.

But wow. What a warranty adventure. All should be set for now..... OR SHOULD IT? Wait this is Valentine's, not a horror film.

I guess I am good. Wild to see injectors fail like that. With my new brakes and all, this car is more new that it was a month ago. =)

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
DPelletier (02-14-2018), Misujerr (02-15-2018)