F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F-Type R Service Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2015 F-Type R Service Question

I currently have about 14k miles on my 2015 F-Type R.

Dropped her off for her annual oil change today, and the service advisor says he doesn't know what all is involved with servicing a 2015 F-Type, and if an oil change is all that will be required, but they'll call me and let me know after he talks with the mechanic who will be doing the service. States that it's low mileage so nothing would probably be due based on miles, but probably age.

As far as I can remember, there's nothing I remember seeing in the manual that would be due at this time, but maybe someone with better knowledge can help me out here. The manual is obviously with the car which is no longer in my possession.

At 3 years and 14k miles, is there anything that might be required other than an oil change? I obviously trust this forum more than any dealer.

(Just this summer with my F150 in for warranty work, I overheard the service advisor telling a customer over the phone with a 2017 F150 that at the first oil change they always recommend doing the spark plugs, so he wanted to add that to the list of work needed along with the oil change (those spark plugs are good for 100k miles). Lets just say it wasn't a pleasant conversation between me and the service advisor trying to explain why he was defrauding the customer. Luckily the customer didn't bite on this "upsell").

Old 08-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

There is a 16,000 mile service that I recently had done. Inspection, oil change, and cabin filter change. Cost was around $500 USD.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

At three years the brake fluid change is done. Mine just had the three year service but only got 14K miles.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
I currently have about 14k miles on my 2015 F-Type R.

Dropped her off for her annual oil change today, and the service advisor says he doesn't know what all is involved with servicing a 2015 F-Type, and if an oil change is all that will be required, but they'll call me and let me know after he talks with the mechanic who will be doing the service. States that it's low mileage so nothing would probably be due based on miles, but probably age.

As far as I can remember, there's nothing I remember seeing in the manual that would be due at this time, but maybe someone with better knowledge can help me out here. The manual is obviously with the car which is no longer in my possession.

At 3 years and 14k miles, is there anything that might be required other than an oil change? I obviously trust this forum more than any dealer.

(Just this summer with my F150 in for warranty work, I overheard the service advisor telling a customer over the phone with a 2017 F150 that at the first oil change they always recommend doing the spark plugs, so he wanted to add that to the list of work needed along with the oil change (those spark plugs are good for 100k miles). Lets just say it wasn't a pleasant conversation between me and the service advisor trying to explain why he was defrauding the customer. Luckily the customer didn't bite on this "upsell").
Attached is a copy of the 2014 F-Type service schedule.
Back in 2014 there was no F-Type R, there was the V8S instead, so look up the V8S info to see what applies to your R.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F-Type service schedule.pdf (100.7 KB, 153 views)
The following users liked this post:
WJV (08-14-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I wonder why you are taking your car there at all? Unless I’m misreading what your wrote, they don’t sound like they know what they are doing? Is there not a local shop or dealer better equiped to work on your Jaaag?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

The three year service is nothing but new engine oil and oil filter with just one "extra" - drain & replace the brake fluid.
Also the pollen filter was due to be replaced at two years but even if it is still the original at three years and only 14k miles it will still be perfectly OK and not really need changing. If you think it needs changing it's a 5 minute child's play DIY and you can get a new filter on Fleabay or Rock Auto etc for a fraction of what the dealer will charge.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. Here's what the offered/recommended, just for reference:

- Change Oil and Filter: $170
- Replace Rear Tires: $660
- Replace Windshield Wipers: $78
- Perform Brake Fluid Service: $226
- Replace Cabin Air Filter: $114
- Perform Rear Differential Service: $250

Old 08-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Gillespie
I wonder why you are taking your car there at all? Unless I’m misreading what your wrote, they don’t sound like they know what they are doing? Is there not a local shop or dealer better equiped to work on your Jaaag?
Unfortunately we only have 2 "local" dealers, and this one is the better of the two (though not what I would say should be acceptable to Jaguar).

I'll be out of warranty soon, and will try to find a local independent shop for future needs if possible.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Tires, windscreen wiper blades and cabin filter are not warranty busting items if you DIY so rather than pay those grossly inflated prices do them yourself.
Well not the tyres, but buy the new ones yourself and take them to a proper tyre shop for fitting and save a bundle. And the dealer is odds on to be looking at Pirelli P-Zeros which we all know are rubbish on the F-Type, get a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S instead and you will be amazed at the improvement in grip, traction and handling.
As I explained before the cabin air filter is a doddle to DIY replace, and the wiper blades are also a doddle to replace and much cheaper both parts and labour (free!) if you get them and fit them yourself.
Lastly, they should not be charging for a "rear differential service", if there is anything wrong with the diff then it's covered by the warranty and is free of charge.
I suspect they are talking about changing out the diff fluid but that is not a routine service item ever so I think they are trying to take you for a ride on that one.