F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour; Itinerary & “With Thanks & Gratitude”

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,591 Likes on 857 Posts
Default 2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour; Itinerary & “With Thanks & Gratitude”

2021 Jaguar F-Type Magical Mystery Tour

Thursday, September 2 @ 6:00 PM

There is no mystery that we all love Cook’s Lobster & Ale House on Bailey Island, and owners Jen & Nick Charboneau, so that is where the festivities, and magic, kicked off. www.cooks lobster.com

Friday, September 3 @ 8:00 AM

With the opening of my friend’s newest hotel (he is also principal owner of The Press Hotel) Canopy by Hilton and with my buddy Executive Chef Matt Duley at the helm, having a spectacular water-front al fresco breakfast on the top floor of Luna was a no-brainer. www.hilton.com

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-06-2021 at 09:43 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
GGG (09-07-2021), Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Jim F (09-10-2021), Mbourne (09-06-2021), Phantomf4collector (09-18-2021), Portlander (09-06-2021), SVR 575 (09-06-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

Friday @ 9:30 AM, continued

How can you come to the Great State of Maine and not visit the most photographed—if not visited—light house in the world; Portland Head Light, situated on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth? You can’t. So we did. https://portlandheadlight.com/

Last edited by GGG; 10-11-2021 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Edit link to Portland Head Light
The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Mbourne (09-06-2021), Portlander (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Friday @ 11:00 AM, continued

If there is a finer group of women and men (with apologies to my group of women and men) than our United States Coast Guard I have never met them. So we were honored and privileged to visit and learn more about United States Coast Guard Sector Northern New England. Semper Paratus. www.USCG.mil

@1:30 PM

Lunch catered by my friends at Union Street Bakery—so we can “kill two birds with one stone”—and delivered to a very special location for a very special reason… https://www.unionstreetbakeryme.com/

Last edited by GGG; 10-11-2021 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Edit link to Union Street Bakery
Old 09-06-2021, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Friday @ 2:00, continued

It really is rocket science at bluShift Aerospace where they are developing a unique line of rockets powered by bio-derived fuels to launch tiny satellites into space. How cool is that? www.blushiftaerospace.com

@ 3:00 PM

The second “bird”, or should I say “birds”? Yes, watching the United States Navy Blue Angels—for their Friday practice session—is a sight, and sound(s), to behold. https://www.blueangels.navy.mil/ (pictured here, some of the finest maintenance crew anywhere in the world).

@ 7:00 PM

After a very long and mysterious (but magnificent) day, our dinner that night was equally magnificent—without the mystery—at Water Street Kitchen & Bar in Wiscasset. https://waterstreetmaine.com/

Last edited by GGG; 10-11-2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Edit links to Blue Angels and Water Street Kitchen & Bar
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Jim F (09-10-2021), Mbourne (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

Saturday, September 4 @ 7:00 AM

A delicious and satisfying breakfast at Broadway Delicatessen in Brunswick is a given. (16 cars in attendance, not enough room—despite parking in close proximity to each other—in one photo. Unless DJS has one from both sides of the street?)

@ 10:30 AM

If you don’t think the views from Fort Knox Historic Site and especially from the Penobscot Narrows Observatory aren’t breathtaking, I strongly suggest that your view is quite wrong. www.fortknoxmaine.com

@ 1:30 PM

Not only is the town of Castine lovely—as well as the drive to get there—but so too was our splendid lunch on the deck of Otter’s Waterfront Eatery. https://otterseats.com/

@ 4:00 PM

It’s not like we drive up to Deer Isle—and not at 40 mph either—and not stop at the incredible Nervous Nellies. Isn’t that right Unhingd? www.nervousnellies.com

Saturday @ 5:30 PM continued

Everything was so spectacular at Aragosta at Goose Cove on Deer Isle—especially the exquisite food—that we returned (and basically took over the place) and stayed for two nights.

@ 12:30 PM

It was an unscheduled [pit] stop—despite our dwindled numbers (many of our group left at odd times to return home)—at iconic Red’s Eats in Wiscasset but I heard no complaints from those in attendance. Especially since we were provided with our usual VIP seating and treatment by the insanely hard-working and ridiculously generous Debbie Gagnon. And thus concludes the 7th, and last, event which I’ve hosted.

Last edited by GGG; 10-11-2021 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Edit link to Otter's Waterfront Eatery
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Jim F (09-10-2021), Mbourne (09-06-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member

As I have done in the past, I would like to recognize and give “thanks & gratitude” to those who helped make this last event—the seventh I have hosted--the success that it was. Unfortunately—or fortunately if you were one of the attendees—and as the name suggests, several aspects of this year’s event will remain a mystery.

What was not a mystery was that within a few hours of my sending out an invitation —in some cases within minutes--our group quickly became “sold out”, despite nothing being sold. Perhaps because they knew that this was to be my last event? That must be it. Cause it is.

We began at our house where everyone assembled and after a brief announcement welcoming everyone—and providing the most basic of guidelines to what was about to transpire over the long Labor Day weekend; including providing some amazing local cheeses, crackers, fruit and a Prosecco toast—I started handing out...well...a bunch of stuff (see below).

It would be hard to imagine a more picturesque, and delicious, spot to kick things off, for our first dinner, than at Cook’s Lobster & Ale House on Bailey Island. Owned by friends Jen and Nick Charboneau—who always roll out the red carpet...eh, gravel...for us with exclusive parking arrangements—dining, and driving, here is always a special treat and our evening here was no different. Or a mystery. www.cookslobster.com

It is no surprise that anything my friend Jim Brady is associated with—never mind being principal owner—is first class all the way. And that is exactly what our splendid at fresco breakfast at Luna, on the sixth floor of his newest hotel Canopy by Hilton, was. Thank you to Executive Chef and my friend Matt Duley and his staff for an amazing breakfast. Thanks also to Food & Beverage Director Karl McElligott for ensuring we were treated like VIP’s. Lastly, a shout-out to my buddy, former Executive Chef, Josh Berry from The Press Hotel for his total commitment to everything culinary. Thanks too to the excellent valet staff at the hotel for accommodating all of us so beautifully. www.hilton.com

I have said it—written it—before and I will say it, write it, again. No visit to Maine is complete without a visit to the most iconic, most visited if not photographed lighthouse, in the world, Portland Head Light in Fort Williams Park, Cape Elizabeth. So, we did. Again. A huge thank you to my dear friend Museum Director Jeanne Gross and her staff for arranging yet another very special visit. And thank you to all attendees for allowing me to make a generous donation in “our name” to this marvelous spot. www.portlandheadlight.com

Another big thank you goes to my friend and Regional Director of Philanthropy Marc Cregan of the Coast Guard Foundation—to which we provided another donation---for helping to arrange an amazing visit to Sector Northern New England United States Coast Guard in South Portland. And I would be terribly remiss If l did not thank my very dear friend, recently retired Commanding Officer Captain Brian J. LeFebvre as well as the current Commanding Officer Captain Amy E. Florentino (she is incredible!) for allowing us to have such an astonishing trip. Thanks also to my friend Deputy Commanding Officer Mark Neeland. It goes without saying, but nevertheless I will, that without them our visit would not have been possible. We salute all the incredible fine women and men of our U.S. Coast Guard and thank the Foundation for doing what they do. Semper Paratus.www.uscg.milwww.coastguardfoundation.org

It should be noted that the dining facility at Sector Northern New England United States Coast Guard, headed by my good friend Chief Sean Bartlett was voted best medium ashore galley throughout the entire U.S. Coast Guard. That is one heck of an honor, well deserved, and I can vouch for how great Sean and his team are having had the pleasure and honor of dining there on several occasions. (Including the day our event kicked off with whole-roasted pig, and a whole lot more, for lunch!)

My wife, friends and family have also been numerous times to the stunning restaurant North43Bistro and co-owned by my friends Stephanie Brown and Laura Argitis (who also owns the Old Port Sea Grill). We had all intentions of having a splendid and beautiful lunch there but I had to change our plans, on short notice, for the following. www.north43bistro.com

To say we were blown away with our visit to blushift Aerospace would be an understatement*. All puns aside, I had heard about blushift some months ago and was particularly proud of the fact of what they do —and you gotta look them up— never mind that they are practically in my backyard (not to be taken too literally). I’ve since had the pleasure of meeting with CEO Sascha Deri and his Executive Assistant Bonny Ethridge several times and wish to extend my sincere thanks— and that goes for all the brilliant engineers of blushift Aerospace—for allowing us to get a glimpse of what rocket science really is and for making [parking/viewing] arrangements for watching the Blue Angels practice session. www.blushiftaerospace.com

*Despite our not being able to test-fire a rocket—which was our intentions—never mind not seeing it since the Blue Angels basically took over the entire air space and hangars/buildings. “The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men/Gang aft a-gley” — Robert Burns.

Special thanks to the always delightful owner/friend Sandy Holland and the entire staff of Union Street Bakery for catering a wonderful lunch we enjoyed during our visit at blushift Aerospace. www.unionstreetbakeryme.com

Capping off a remarkable if long day, our dinner was waterside at the wonderful Water Street Kitchen & Bar in Wiscasset. Owned by Chef Ed Colburn and managed to perfection by General Manager Shane McCarthy—both very dear friends— we not only were treated like VlPs’s (our cars all lined up in front of the restaurant) we wined and dined ourselves to complete and utter satisfaction to end our first full, literally and figuratively, day. www.waterstreetmaine.com

What do you call a person who owns Broadway Delicatessen in Brunswick and opens an hour earlier than they usually do—at 7:00 AM on a Saturday no less; never mind what attendees were calling me —so that we can all park our cars together in front of their place? A great friend, that is what. And Nancy Bigelow and her entire family have been dear friends for over 20 years and counting. Now that’s a mystery. www.broadway-delicatessen.com

I had invited Maine Senator Angus King—who lives close by—for breakfast with our group but he unfortunately was unable to join us due to a scheduling conflict. His office sends, sent, his apologies.

The drive up towards Deer Isle began much like it did last year for the 2020 Jaguar F-Type Ghost Tour. Our first stop, after our hearty breakfast, was Fort Knox Historic Site & Penobscot Narrows Bridge & Observatory. The only difference being this time we were met by my buddy Director Deano (Dean to you) Martin. He pulled out all the stops for us last year and this year...well...let’s just say by this time we’re old friends. We received the VIP treatment last year and this time was no different. Thank you Deano and to all your staff. www.fortknoxmaine.com

It was time to come back down to earth—and not just from the Observatory—and start our beautiful drive to lovely Castine where we had a marvelous waterfront lunch at Otter’s Waterfront Eatery, for Food, Drink, and a Splash of Fun. That’s their motto and we would all have to agree. Thank you to owner Rob DeGennaro and his entire staff for taking such great care of us. (Shout out to MarKel’s Bakehouse—where we had lunch last year—for suggesting Otter’s. MarKel’s was booked up catering a rehearsal dinner and wedding that weekend). www.ottereats.com

Calling a visit to Nervous Nellies on Deer Isle a unique experience doesn’t come close to the actual experience. Besides Anne & Peter Beerits hand-producing some of the finest jellies, jams, marmalades, and chutney’s available anywhere— roughly about 300 a day--but Peter’s sprawling, in the best sense of the word, sculpture “village” is not only breathtaking but immensely captivating. Enough to hold anyone’s imagination for many hours...even if we were there for only about one. But what an hour. Awesome people. Awesome jellies, jams, marmalades, and chutney’s. www.nervousnellies.com

Maine has always held a certain mystique—no mystery there—but no one on last year’s tour really knew what to expect from our visit, overnight and dinner, to Aragosta at Goose Cove on Deer Isle. I certainly did—as host, I sure as heck better—but it quickly became apparent to all attendees what they were in for. From the moment the entire kitchen staff came out to greet us last year—never mind the quintessential views-- we all knew we were in for a 5-star experience. From soup to nuts and everything in between—and that included our incredible breakfast—we were in the very best of hands. Thanks to Chef/Owner/friend Devin Finigan, Dan and Matt, and the entire brilliant staff for providing us with two glorious nights, one AMAZING tasting menu dinner (our Sunday dinner was “off” the regular menu, and two splendid breakfasts. But, really, for the most memorable, magical, time. It doesn’t get better than this. www.aragostamaine.com

Paraphrasing the age-old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg; which came first, the shirt or the tire? The tire of course. (I’ll leave you to work out the chicken and egg conundrum on your own). Even before I put Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06’s on my F-Type, I always had a preference for the Continental brand. So when I envisioned that first F-Type gathering in Maine—the 2016 Jaguar Lobster Run—I also imagined T-shirts to commemorate the event. Naturally I reached out to Continental Tire and they heartily and without hesitancy agreed to produce them (with, my own design). This year’s spectacular shirts—count em, 100; all spoken for and worn throughout the world---are the fifth time we have Continental Tire to thank as well as my dear friend, Director of Sales Sean McDermaid who was unable to attend this event BUT did fly in just for our Thursday night kick-off. Now that’s what I call [an] outstanding performance. www.continentaltire.com

P.S. I brought a deck of playing cards to dinner, took out 20, shuffled them, and then had one of our attendees insert the “joker” into the deck and shuffled again. I went around the room after our dinner at Cook’s—in reverse order of distance traveled to attend; see Linear Edge, below--and had each “car” pick one card out of my shortened deck. Johnny, tell them what they’ve won: ”This Certificate Entitles the Bearer to a Complimentary Set of Four (Continental/General) Tires! Shipped to them (you ain’t drivin’ home with these). And you wonder why Continental is my favored, only, brand?

A big thank you once again to Marko & Tamela Bourne for producing, for the sixth time, the 2021 Magical Mystery Tour Stickers (featuring my very ”unofficial” design). These stickers are not only a big hit with our group—and our cars were adorned with them--but Marko and Tamela provide me with plenty of extras to hand out to the many people we meet along our travels. A simple, beautiful and thoughtful reminder that, we were there. Thank you Bournes. There can be no event without you. But wait, what’s this?

Tamela Bourne Hand-Knitted Hats—and beautiful hats—for every attendee? Not every car and not even every attendee, but basically every ...single...person we encountered along the way! Incredible. 73 hand-knitted hats in total! And if that wasn’t enough Tamela also provided each person, with plenty to spare, with a stunning, colorful and collectible Commemorative Enamel Pin featuring the logo you see above. Tamela had this pin specifically made for the 2021 Jaguar Magical Mystery Tour. Sooooo, unless Marko personally hand-printed those stickers, and/or made the paper they are printed on, Tamela wins. Hands down. I mean hats down. Sorry Marko.

I do not need to read that Bangor Savings Bank was voted as the ninth best U.S. bank—and the highest rated bank in Maine—by Forbes in their “2020 World’s Best Banks”. That’s not “news” to me as BSB has long been in my estimation THE BEST BANK I HAVE EVER had the pleasure of dealing with. Sorry for shouting but coming from NYC, that’s saying— yelling--something. Never mind I have the honor and pleasure of calling the President and CEO, Bob Montgomery-Rice, a friend. And we all have BSB and Bob to thank for footing the bill---sans alcohol but including gratuities—for our fantastic dinner at Cook’s Lobster & Ale House. Shout-out too to my friend Jim Donnelly; Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer.www.bangor.com

We all have many thanks to give Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough—part of the Goodwin Motor Group--and my good friend and General Sales Manager Ron McIntyre; as well as Director of Marketing & IT Jason Tropp. To begin with, we give thanks for each attendee/car receiving a beautiful, modern and lightweight, L.L. Bean Stowaway Duffle embroidered with the dealership’s logo on it. But that’s not all they did. They also sponsored gorgeous L.L. Bean Stowaway Daypacksmade with the same materials as the duffels—which also featured my very ”unofficial” LOGO embroidered on it and which we all utilized to great use during our extra full day at Aragosta. Is this a brilliant dealership or what? But that is precisely what this dealership is. (An added shout-out to Ron’s beautiful wife Lisa who, along with Ron, graced our cavalcade for the entire event plus personally gifted the group with water bottles, to go with the day-packs, emblazoned with the dealership’s logo on it). www.jaguarme.com

Separately, a big thanks to my good friend and Parts Manager of Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough Justin Alley for once again supplying everyone with incredibly useful and beautiful canvas JAG BAG’s. But that wasn’t good enough for Justin. Justin also gave everyone silver Jaguar Leaper Letter Openers. Crazy generous. Speaking of crazy, he also gifted me a stunning Jaguar Heritage Watch. And if you think I think I deserve such a gift, you’re crazy. Thank you VERY much Justin.

Speaking of L.L. Bean. Thank you to President & CEO Steve Smith and his Executive Assistant Beth LeBlanc for helping us to produce both the Stowaway Duffle Bagsand Stowaway Daypacks and with the LOGOS so artfully rendered. Like Tamela’s hand-knitted hats, these will be used and cherished long after the event ends. Nothing like L. L. Bean quality along with fast and efficient customer service. www.llbean.com

While on the subject of fast—always one of my favorite subjects—thanks to Jaguar Racing and the Global PR & Communications Team (AA, EH, and PJF) from the UK for sending...eh...bringing...Panasonic Jaguar Hats, Shirts, and a few other trinkets. (And a thank you to our very own Kevin Samborn who so wanted to be a part of our event but continues to be living and working in the U.K., for getting me their contact info). www.jaguar.com

Two Doctors, one lawyer, and one PhD Psychologist walk into a bar. While it’s remarkably easy for me organizing and hosting these events, there are many “moving parts” in doing so. {I} needed someone to pick up the Jaguar Racing merchandise in downtown Brooklyn. My ex-wife Karen and her wonderful husband Bill instantly offered to drive from Westchester County to Brooklyn (little did I know they ended up in the VIP section for one of the races). I then enlisted Doctors Levine (my daughter) and Kent (my amazing future son-in-law) to make the pick up—and then ship it all to me— and I am grateful to Dr. Kent in completing this not-so-critical operation.

Let me be as succinct and crystal clear (pun intended) as I can be: if you are not using Stoners Invisible Glass for cleaning not only your car but your home’s glass—”Streak-free Guaranteed!”—you’re not seeing the full picture. Is that clear enough? Thank you Stoner and Steve Walker for supporting us for the second year in a row. www.invisibleglass.com

I decided, just in case we needed them (which did come in handy) to create and gift each attendee a mask printed with one of the two logos created for this event. I sent an e-mail to a company called Flashbay making an inquiry and when I spoke with Sales Account Manager Seamus White he had informed me that he overnighted me samples of their masks which had various logos on them for me to check out. He did that even before I spoke with him. That’s what I call customer service. This is also where Ron and Lisa bought our water bottles from.seamus@flashbay.comwww.flashbay.com

A big shout out to my daughter Katie, who is an Architectural Designer and who helped convert and, in a couple of cases, create—like the image at the end of this piece--several aspects of the LOGOS into sharp, crisp, and beautiful graphics suitable for printing; car stickers, day-packs, masks, yard signs, VIP passes!, etc. Awesome job(s) Katie, thank you.

One of our group asked me what I use to clean the leather interior of our cars and I told him I use Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Leather Conditioner, which he promptly purchased online. That prompted me to contact the company and ask whether they wanted to provide all of us with their product and within 48 hours I had a box consisting of 20 sample bottles of their Leather Conditioner as well as 20 sample bottles of their Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray* (and 20 nice quality detailing Micro Fiber Towels too) on my doorstep. Talk about service. No surprise then—although I was surprised to learn—that Pinnacle is made by and part of an extensive line of fantastic automotive products by Autogeek. Aren’t we all? www.autogeek.net

*They say that variety is the spice of life. You will recall that last year Turtle Wax was kind and generous enough to supply each car with a bottle of their fantastic ICE Seal N Shine Hybrid Sealant Spray Wax as well as a bottle of ICE Spray Wax. I continue to use both products to this day with great success. This year they upped the ante and sent each of us a big (32 oz) bottle of their Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax 3-In-1 Detailer which I have used on all 4 of my cars; again, with great success. And, as with any product, reading the instruction/directions is crucial to getting the best results and using this Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax 3-In-1 Detailer is no different. Great stuff, used properly. www.turtlewax.com

Thanks to VAPvelocity ap—and Stuart Dickinson; premier supplier and long-time F-Type Forum sponsor of everything performance-oriented for not just our cars, but lots of others for some really cool VAP-branded T-shirts to hand out to every car in attendance. Wearing VAP shirts made us all just a little bit faster. www.velocityap.com

It really takes something [special] to catch my eye—and my eyes are always open and roving; like my brain (how do you think I came up with the Magical Mystery Tour in the first placed)--and when I came across an lnstagram post from a company called Linear Edge that did the track...eh, I mean trick. Trick? Blown away! A plethora of automobile art to satisfy any gearhead and/or art-lover (check, check) Linear Edge offers STUNNING 2D and 3D Sculptures and Engravings featuring “Car Art” and “Track Art.” I reached out to the owner Russell Byrnes—an awesome guy—who generously sent me one of his 2D track art pieces (Monaco). Separately, I made little slips of paper, numbered 1-20, and had attendees— in order of who traveled the furthest to attend and....get this. raffIed off a Linear Edge, yet-to-be-designed F-Type Car Art for one lucky winner which will depict his/her exact car and shipped to them! Brilliant. SO. if you can’t find something, if not several things, from their website...well...let’s just say you’re not looking. www.linearedge.com

I am a bit of a shoe snob, and usually wear Scarpa or Tod shoes. So when I first saw, once again a post on lnstagram, an ad from a company called GrandPrix Originals USA featuring Handmade 100% Leather Driving Shoes, crafted in Italy I...well...ignored it. It popped up again and, this time, I took a chance and purchased a pair of their Men’s GrandPrix Sneaker in Latte Macchiato and, quite frankly, didn’t know what to expect. I certainly didn’t expect to have an hour’s long chat with one of the owners of the company that evening—followed by an hour’s long text exchange—the beautiful and smart Jeany Zhao. Ask me how I know? I’ll spare you much of our discussion but suggest you “Google” a MOTORTREND article titled ”Lady-Owned and Driven: Portraits of Women and Their Porsches”, scroll down, and see for yourself. Jeany not only provided us with a special discount code (LUCKY8)BUT also tossed in 1 free pair to be raffled off, and shipped to, for one lucky recipient—and her company also makes stunning shoes for women but also gorgeous leather jackets for both men and women. Man do I LOVE these shoes! Tod who??? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Products, Company, Woman. https://www.grandprixoriginalsusa.com/

Thank you to my friend John Peverada—City of Portland parking maestro—for once again helping me to park ALL these stunning automobiles on the streets of Portland. No easy feat. Who say’s Portland isn’t a great place to live, eat, and park?! Bravo John.

Thank you to the staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Brunswick, Maine—especially Director of Sales Meghan Riley for providing us with a fabulous group rate (particularly when you consider it was announced that the Blue Angels were coming to town)--where the vast majority of our group stayed, like last year, and for arranging the special parking area for all our cars to be parked together. www.marriott.com

A quick shout out too to Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port and GM/friend Alen Saric and Director of Sales Avery Windham for accommodating one of our group, who opted to stay in Portland, so beautifully. www.hyatt.com

Where would we be without our friends in Law Enforcement who dedicate their lives—and put theirs on the line--so that ours are better and safer? (That’s a rhetorical question by the way). So a HUGE thanks and gratitude to my friends on and in the following jurisdictions; in alphabetical order:

Brunswick Police Department www.brunswickme.org
Cape Elizabeth Police Department www.capeelizabeth.com
Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office www.cumberlandso.org
Gardiner Police Department www.gardinermaine.com
Freeport Police Department www.freeportmaine.com
Portland Police Department www.portlandmaine.gov
Scarborough Police Department www.scarboroughmaine.org
South Portland Police Department www.southportland.org
Waldo County Sheriff’s Office www.waldocountyme.gov
Wiscasset Police Department www.wiscasset.org

Support YOUR local law enforcement!

And last, but never least, a huge thank you for my wife Liz for…well…putting up with me and all this nonsense.

Cue “The Doors"
The Doors - The End (Original Version) - Bing video

Last edited by GGG; 09-09-2021 at 07:20 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
cmyrstad (09-10-2021), DJS (09-08-2021), Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), SVR 575 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:01 PM
Cgo
Received 232 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Friday @ 11:00 AM, continued

If there is a finer group or women and men (with apologies to my group of women and men) than our United States Coast Guard I have never met them. So we were honored and privileged to visit and learn more about United States Coast Guard Sector Northern New England. Semper Paratus. www.USCG.mil

@1:30 PM

Lunch catered by my friends at Union Street Bakery—so we can “kill two birds with one stone”—and delivered to a very special location for a very special reason… www.unionstreetbakery.,com

Nice about out to the USCG! I am retired CG, 24 years of active duty service. I'm now a federal civilian employee and project manager for the USCG.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:04 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

What a badass tour!!

Old 09-06-2021, 11:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Just an observation from afar, but Jay is a prince among men.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:34 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,392 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
+1 from even further afar!

The following 2 users liked this post by scm:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Sparky H (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
+1 from even further afar!
Prince? Hardly. But thank you for the compliment.

My beautiful wife, at Saturday’s breakfast, was telling someone how much she loves the children our neighbors next door have—I actually gifted the not even 3 year old boy one of the Jaguar Racing shirts which, while a little big, looks fantastic on him—and ended her comment with, “I love children, that’s why I married Jay”. I couldn’t let that comment rest—and there were many of them along that vein during our 5 days together, and informed everyone of it during one of my dreaded announcements.

So, no, thank you, not a Prince. Not even a man according to my wife. (There IS a reason she calls me “JayBoy”).

Maybe a Wizard? Yeah, that’s it. And I have an incredible hand-knitted hat—more on that later—to prove it.

Some final comments to come….

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-07-2021 at 05:15 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Mbourne (09-07-2021), Portlander (09-07-2021), scm (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:37 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,074 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Prince maybe, but Wizard - definitely.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Mbourne (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

This year’s event was just fantastic, fun and as always the folks we meet, the places we visit, the food we are lucky enough to eat and the memories created are just priceless. The above notice, while I admit are as long as Jay’s dreaded “announcements” are very much worth the read. Also the folks he is thanking are wonderful business people, deeply committed public servants and all-around good and kind “new and old friends” to all of us now.

Maine has so much to offer and these businesses, restaurants and companies help to make Maine the special place it is. Please if you travel to Maine, and you really should, frequent these establishments and enjoy, support and mention that you learned of them through the Forum. They all have the logo stickers displayed somewhere and they all just love seeing the Ftype and hearing it!

They will also quickly become your friend.

Six tours of memories.

Another of Jay’ dreaded announcements!

Like trying to herd cats. We do a lot of parking gymnastics.

GM of the best JLR dealership in North America. I live over 450 miles away from them but I still will frequent their fine establishment. Ron and his his team are just top notch.

The following users liked this post:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:47 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Some pictures...

The UnhingdMobile

The following users liked this post:
Portlander (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

No, that's not Jay in the back seat of #7. Although I didn't see him around...

Sir, please don't lean against my car.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:12 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2021, 07:43 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

High Tide at Barred Island

Low tide

Old 09-07-2021, 08:13 AM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Portlander:
Old 09-07-2021, 10:04 AM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Special Thanks to Jay for a great weekend, spent with even better people!

The following 3 users liked this post by bertnd:
Itismejoshy (09-07-2021), Jim F (09-10-2021), Portlander (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

A little run down the line...

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1599.MOV (4.45 MB, 40 views)

Quick Reply: 2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour; Itinerary & “With Thanks & Gratitude”