Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 Speed Orders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 6 Speed Orders?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask those who've placed orders for MTs (for both base and S) if on your order sheet there was a definitive breakdown of the standard equipment?

Chiefly, I'm wondering if the base model now indeed comes with the switchable exhaust. Because that's pretty much the only thing that was swaying me to the S (yes, I am that childish, but hey - with a sound THAT good...)

Also - have you guys gotten any word on pricing/delivery time yet? The jaguar dealer I was speaking to drew a major blank when I brought up placing an order for a MY16 and hasn't contacted me in about a week and a half, which is okay with me I guess - I kind of wanted to wait until pricing was released, but I'd still like to know if they ARE taking orders or not...

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

For MY2016 (assuming the website is accurate) Switchable Active Exhaust is STANDARD on the MANUAL BASE, optional on the AUTO BASE (Sport exhaust is standard on the AUTO BASE) and Switchable Active is standard on all other models - all V6S, all R.

MY2016 Coupe details

So, yeah, get the cheaper manual BASE...

Last edited by mshedden; 02-21-2015 at 04:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mulhollandmaster (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden
For MY2016 (assuming the website is accurate) Switchable Active Exhaust is STANDARD on the MANUAL BASE, optional on the AUTO BASE (Sport exhaust is standard on the AUTO BASE) and Switchable Active is standard on all other models - all V6S, all R.

So, yeah, get the cheaper manual BASE...
That is music to my ears. THANK YOU!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

The U.S. configurator pages have conflicting information. The intro pages show both base models (AT&MT) with sport exhaust and all S & R models with switchable active exhaust. The summary page for the builds show switchable active for all models. No one in the U.S. has received an order sheet yet for the MT, so it is anyone's guess at this point.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The U.S. configurator pages have conflicting information. The intro pages show both base models (AT&MT) with sport exhaust and all S & R models with switchable active exhaust. The summary page for the builds show switchable active for all models. No one in the U.S. has received an order sheet yet for the MT, so it is anyone's guess at this point.
The page referenced above, at the section marked 'Optional Features' is quite specific concerning Switchable active exhaust - standard on all but base automatic - and I wonder if adding it to the base manual increases the price of the base manual to be on par with the base auto without it(?)

Old 02-22-2015, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden
The page referenced above, at the section marked 'Optional Features' is quite specific concerning Switchable active exhaust - standard on all but base automatic - and I wonder if adding it to the base manual increases the price of the base manual to be on par with the base auto without it(?)
I agree: based on that explicit statement, only the Base Auto will not have the switchable exhaust standard (but will have it as an option) which is probably what will be the actual situation. However, the configurator does not offer it as an option on the Base Auto and does specify Sports Exhaust on the Base Manual. There are are a number of other inconsistencies I have noted on the configurator as well. If you are placing an order, don't just hand the dealer your configuration printout. You'll need to sit with him/her when they enter it into the actual production system to make certain you have full knowledge of what's possible.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:19 PM

I've seen errors in the configurator before - I tend to think programmer error is the cause of these discrepancies - there are so many options it must be easy to make a mistake (or its poorly specced).

For example as it stands now for MY2016, if you add the black pack(s) you cannot have heated seats or the premium pack - which I would hope is a programming error, and not the actual case!