F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Wheels and TPMS Programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheels and TPMS Programming

I have a 2014 F-Type S which is in need of some new tires, so I'm considering ordering some new Savini BM-12 wheels with TPMS sensors. Though I haven't found anything online regarding peoples experience training new TPMS sensors with the F Type. Has anyone changed there wheels and what did you do regarding the TPMS sensors or did you use the sensors from the factory wheels.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by firesand14
I have a 2014 F-Type S which is in need of some new tires, so I'm considering ordering some new Savini BM-12 wheels with TPMS sensors. Though I haven't found anything online regarding peoples experience training new TPMS sensors with the F Type. Has anyone changed there wheels and what did you do regarding the TPMS sensors or did you use the sensors from the factory wheels.
When I bought some HRE wheels, the vendor, Wheels Boutique, sent them with tires and TPMS sensors mounted. The main issue is to be sure they are the proper frequency. With my car, I had to drive it for 5-10 minutes, then BINGO, it recognized the sensors.
Your 2014 may have the 315 mHz. My 2016 has 433 mHz.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information and just wondering what wheels did you go with and about how much was it for a full set of hpe wheels and tires. Any experience with Savini compared to HPE. Its a new world looking for wheels that have a more uncommon bolt pattern.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Saving is a wheel for looks. HRE will be better quality and probably lighter as well.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:48 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

I went with HRE P47 in brushed Titanium. Some pics on my other posts. I'm not familiar with Savini. HRE are made after the order is placed. Takes about 3-4 months. They are machined specifically to fit like factory wheels. Forged, not cast, so are much lighter, like 10 lbs. less per corner. A set of 4, with new tires, TPMS, shipped to my door for around $9500. Not cheap. HRE have everything you could imagine. I stayed conservative.... didn't go bronze or anything. I think they look really good with the car. I know a couple of the guys on here weren't as thrilled as me, but that's cool. I dig them.