Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Magical
I had to do it !
Was having diner at and outside table of a restaurant on a very popular street - extremely touristy. I was sitting about 20 foot from the car with the remote opener in my pocket.

As the tourists walked by, some would have their wives/girlfriends stand next to the car for photo's. When they touched their butts to the hood or were just too close, I would reach into my pocket click the door open ( mirrors would open along with the headlights) shocking the unsuspecting tourists thinking the car was alive or someone was in it. After they jumped, they would peek in the windows looking for a driver. Again, I would click the remote ( mirrors close-lights off) and the result was jumping and vacating. Most muttered in a different language and finally left. Facial expressions were priceless, but I spilled my wine chuckling.
"It's Alive" for a reason, now if it could just bite.

The following users liked this post:
Magical (04-28-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
You are obviously a scholar and a gentleman having stepped up to a Jaguar with the ability to restrain yourself when subjected to the folly and undeserving barbs of the crowd you run with...
Well, I don't know if I'm either of those, but what's that old saying? "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it."

Old 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts
Talking Cars and Coffee experience

So, I went out for cars and coffee today. I started a little late than I what I intended and reached the event just when it was about to begin. This must have been the biggest cars and coffee I must have been to. Easily over 1000 cars spread across, people were literally parking anywhere they could. The gridlock was so bad that it took me 45 mins to get near the main entrance.

They had closed off the main entrance and I thought to myself, damn I think I missed my chance and will now have to struggle finding a decent parking spot. Next thing you know, this organizer comes near my car and gives me the three finger amazing hand sign and points me towards the entrance. I start heading towards the barricades and they move it out of my way. I stops me and is like, that is a special car, I need you to go straight in front ... I have a spot for you and walkies over to some other guy near the main entrance "I am sending a Jag your way". Next thing you know I am parked next to a Mclaren 650S, Porsche 911 turbo, Aston Martin DBS. I finally know what royalty feels like

The following 8 users liked this post by death1ord:
Arne (04-23-2018), AyyVlogs (04-23-2018), Desert Dawg (04-22-2018), Don1954 (04-23-2018), ElloM8 (05-04-2018), jaguny (04-22-2018), Magical (04-28-2018), Mbourne (04-22-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I had instance that happen the other day. I had the F-Type parked on the street right in front of my house and one individual was walking to their parked car few feet away from mine. He looked at the car from front to back and said beautiful car! I said thank you and proceeded to get into car and turned it on note I had it in dynamic and the rawr from the exhaust the guy stood there grabbed his head and said my god! You killing me with the hugest smile. I knew he was in car heaven by then! Very cool interaction

Old 04-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Selko92, you have unique color combo, you should post some photos in the picture thread.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Selko92, you have unique color combo, you should post some photos in the picture thread.
I sure will when this weather gets a tad bit better I need to wash the Jag and perform paint corrections and pics will be up hopefully very soon!

jaguny (04-23-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by death1ord
So, I went out for cars and coffee today. I started a little late than I what I intended and reached the event just when it was about to begin. This must have been the biggest cars and coffee I must have been to. Easily over 1000 cars spread across, people were literally parking anywhere they could. The gridlock was so bad that it took me 45 mins to get near the main entrance.

They had closed off the main entrance and I thought to myself, damn I think I missed my chance and will now have to struggle finding a decent parking spot. Next thing you know, this organizer comes near my car and gives me the three finger amazing hand sign and points me towards the entrance. I start heading towards the barricades and they move it out of my way. I stops me and is like, that is a special car, I need you to go straight in front ... I have a spot for you and walkies over to some other guy near the main entrance "I am sending a Jag your way". Next thing you know I am parked next to a Mclaren 650S, Porsche 911 turbo, Aston Martin DBS. I finally know what royalty feels like

As a Philly guy whom just moved to Florida, hello and welcome. I think it's awesome you got the royalty treatment especially in philly. Good luck with the car and park far away in parking lots...lol I know philly was born and raised there. GO EAGLES, SIXERS, FLYERS, PHILLIES !!! oh, and nova. West Catholic guy.

death1ord (04-28-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 12:47 PM

About a week ago, I stopped at a filling station in the Jaguar. Rumbling up at the next pump was a late model (I'd say 2013 or 2014) Mustang Shelby Somethingorother. This guy and two girls...early 20's or so...pile out of the car. He starts filling his car and they walk over.

Mustang Boy: "Wow those Jags are beautiful!" (girls are silent but just looking in the car)

Me: "Thank you...I appreciate that!"

One of the girls says "Can I sit in it?" "Sure" I let her in the passenger side.

Mustang Boy: "Mine's still much faster though"

Me: "Well, I had an SRT Challenger that was pretty quick and I traded for this"

Mustang Boy (astonished): "An SRT?? Why did you do that?!?!?!"

Me: "Well, I figured I could either tell a bunch of swinging dicks about how fast my car was, or have a hot piece of *** in the passenger seat. Made the decision pretty easy."

Girl in the passenger seat yells out: "I told him the same thing but he's too much of a dumbass to listen!"

The following 9 users liked this post by green_hornet:
99Gsp (05-07-2018), Burt Gummer (05-09-2018), Dan_NL (05-07-2018), Desert Dawg (05-04-2018), J444G (09-24-2021), jaguny (05-04-2018), lsbrodsky (05-05-2018), Mbourne (05-04-2018), ndabunka (05-08-2018) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by green_hornet
About a week ago, I stopped at a filling station in the Jaguar. Rumbling up at the next pump was a late model (I'd say 2013 or 2014) Mustang Shelby Somethingorother. This guy and two girls...early 20's or so...pile out of the car. He starts filling his car and they walk over.

Mustang Boy: "Wow those Jags are beautiful!" (girls are silent but just looking in the car)

Me: "Thank you...I appreciate that!"

One of the girls says "Can I sit in it?" "Sure" I let her in the passenger side.

Mustang Boy: "Mine's still much faster though"

Me: "Well, I had an SRT Challenger that was pretty quick and I traded for this"

Mustang Boy (astonished): "An SRT?? Why did you do that?!?!?!"

Me: "Well, I figured I could either tell a bunch of swinging dicks about how fast my car was, or have a hot piece of *** in the passenger seat. Made the decision pretty easy."

Girl in the passenger seat yells out: "I told him the same thing but he's too much of a dumbass to listen!"

That's Funny. PRICELESS

Old 05-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Sounds like about the same reason I bought my F-Type over a Grand Sport Corvette, except not to worried about the piece of *** at this stage of my life......

Old 05-07-2018, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
Sounds like about the same reason I bought my F-Type over a Grand Sport Corvette, except not to worried about the piece of *** at this stage of my life......
Exactly my thoughts... .. but my 21 & 24 yr old daughters LOVE to go for a drive with their old dad now..

Also my son [ almost 18yr , can not wait to get his hands on the wheel of the Jaggg...

Old 05-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

My wife laughed and asked if I wanted to get a Hellcat.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

So in my case does that mean the hot piece of *** is in the driver seat or do I get to find a boy toy for my passenger seat so I can use that phrase too?

Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

A boy toy.. .. you mean "toy boy" ..

Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
A boy toy.. .. you mean "toy boy" ..
I've always heard boy toy, but either works for this I think. Maybe this is another regional difference? Whichever way you say it, a younger man for me to play with.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
I've always heard boy toy, but either works for this I think. Maybe this is another regional difference? Whichever way you say it, a younger man for me to play with.
Then that would make you a cougar.. ..hence the Jaguar suits you..

..Jaguar cougar.. ..very rare..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 05-07-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Then that would make you a cougar.. ..hence the Jaguar suits you..
Ha! I hadn't even made that connection yet My husband does joke about me being a cougar - there's a local bar here known for cougars and it's a fun place and a friend and I went one night and an elderly gentleman (70s?) was hitting on her and the guy who was hitting on me finally announced he was 24 and she blurted out that was her son's age and made me feel vaguely creepy. I'm not a very good cougar I guess.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Ha! I hadn't even made that connection yet My husband does joke about me being a cougar - there's a local bar here known for cougars and it's a fun place and a friend and I went one night and an elderly gentleman (70s?) was hitting on her and the guy who was hitting on me finally announced he was 24 and she blurted out that was her son's age and made me feel vaguely creepy. I'm not a very good cougar I guess.
Its only joking, having an laugh..

Old 05-07-2018, 10:17 AM

Oh trust me, I'm laughing at myself being a bad cougar. At least my car makes up for me.

I forget sometimes that text doesn't convey when I'm joking.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I don't "worry" about it. It just sorta happens. (But not 20 years old!)

So in my case does that mean the hot piece of *** is in the driver seat or do I get to find a boy toy for my passenger seat so I can use that phrase too?
You go right ahead, and more power to you! I'm betting your husband thinks you're pretty hot in either seat.

PBBarb (05-07-2018)

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?