Any tall people here? How in the world do you fit in the F Type? - Page 3 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Current ) > F-Type ( X152 )
Reload this Page >

Any tall people here? How in the world do you fit in the F Type?

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Any tall people here? How in the world do you fit in the F Type?

Old 10-13-2018, 12:01 PM

"barely an inch of headroom" lol... I'd love to have a full inch of clearance, even in my F-250

I'm 6'7" and I'm not exactly sitting in a La-Z-Boy, but with the right fiddling I was able to find a seating position that is just fine for me. Because of the way the back of the seat hits the rear... bulkhead? trunk wall? area behind the seat? I don't know the right term here... the seat will refuse to go down further if it's too far back. What I did was move it forward first, then all the way down and all the way upright. then i moved it back as far as it would go. Once there I leaned the seat back as far as that would go. then crept forward until I had just enough leg and knee room, and leaned the seat back more. I wouldn't take a 4 hr road trip in it, but for my car's intended purpose this is perfect. it's a bit more of an upright position than I'm used to, but my head clears by about a quarter inch with the top up, the top of the windshield frame is still in my sight line but slightly above the midpoint so i don't feel like I need to peer under it, and I have enough room to do all the things I need to do, relatively comfortably. FWIW, this was absolutely not possible for me in the corvette. I tried and tried, but no amount of reconfiguring (even with the limiter wire disconnected) would let me drive that car. I liked the F-type more anyway, and that little test confirmed that my initial instincts were correct.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:03 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Some folks have longer legs and shorter torso, some are the opposite. Affects how you fit in the car. Luckily, I have neither.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:32 PM

indeed. some, like myself, are pretty evenly split.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:57 PM

@baldguy.
I deviced the same routine as you ! Now have my seat about 2cm before extreme back position and backrest slightly inclined.. .. Do touch my head for roughly 5 minutes, but then the seat decides
102Kg is quite a lot and saggs about 3cm.. Then I sit OK ...

..oh, I'm 6' 6.6"

Leggs are the problem with me, thats why I didn't buy a used XK8..

Old 10-21-2018, 06:14 AM

Nope, 6'5" and 'Husky(ish)', no real problems apart from when I have the top down, my Missus thinks I am trying to look over the top..

Not gonna say I have loads of room or anything, but I can manage easily to get comfy..

Old 03-10-2019, 06:37 PM

Just thought add my $0.02. I'm 76 inches (193 cm) and 205 lbs (14.6 stones for you Brits, and yes I had to look that up) with a '16 S and 6-speed. All the seat controls make it hard for me to imagine anyone could have a problem at this size . I don't have a problem.