Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 08:39 AM
Received 178 Likes on 99 Posts
Default anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU

Hi guys...
I've searched for any informative posts on VIEZU but came up dry. It's very evident that they are a professional operation. Has anyone delt with VIEZU and if so, your opinion and experience dealing with them would be greatly appreciated.
There must be someone who tried VIEZU here on the message board.
Thank you...

The following users liked this post:
TheDrainPlug (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 03:23 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
Hi guys...
I've searched for any informative posts on VIEZU but came up dry. It's very evident that they are a professional operation. Has anyone delt with VIEZU and if so, your opinion and experience dealing with them would be greatly appreciated.
There must be someone who tried VIEZU here on the message board.
Thank you...

https://youtu.be/WmRSYZ924Qk

https://youtu.be/TIpoTxAesgs

https://youtu.be/UtmRFDXumqU

I’ve had experience in the past 4 weeks. I had my p450 awd tuned via a vswitch to 600hp and 800nm or so or torque. The difference in performance is night and day. They were communicative at all stages. The instructions on use were a bit average, for instance reading the ecu takes over an hour, no wonder it recommended Using a battery charger whilst
Reading the ecu.

any questions?

Old 02-24-2023, 03:36 PM
Default munchie ......

Hi Munchie,
thank you for your reply. My car is currently in winter storage and will be taken out from storage probably around end of April. I plan to do the software upgrade. My car is a 2017 F Type R, so the factory warranty is now done. I'm trying to decide who is best for my needs. As we all know, it's all about individual choices. I am interested in VIEZU because they are very transparent. You actually get to see/watch the videos and they show and explain with detail what they are doing and other important factors regarding upgrading the car. No mysteries.
Last, if you look at their videos they've done several Jaguar F-Type R sports cars. One can say, they seem to specialize in this particular model car.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Turko; 02-24-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:11 PM

On a 2017 model you should get another 50bhp and about 80lbs of torque, a smaller difference than my jump.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by munchie
On a 2017 model you should get another 50bhp and about 80lbs of torque, a smaller difference than my jump.

Yes, I agree. It would go up from the 550 HP rating to approximately 600 ho. That's good enough for me. I don't want to do the pulley upgrade, as it could be problematic.
Thank you

Old 02-24-2023, 04:33 PM

Yes I didn’t want to do the pulley. The car is phenomenally fast with the tune from Viezu.

James at Viezu UK was pretty quick in returning emails and when I rang to speak to them they were very knowledgeable.

The following 2 users liked this post by munchie:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (02-24-2023), TheDrainPlug (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 08:19 PM
Default Munchie....

munchie....
I searched my area of a good auto tech who would feel comfortable working on upgrading my car. After searching high and low, I couldn't find anyone willing to do the pulley upgrade. In fact, these mechanics in my area no matter how good they might be, they all basically told me the same thing, when I asked if they'd do the pulley upgrade.
No way ... ! I don't want to be responsible if something happens or goes wrong. Heating the pulley with a blow torch to properly fit it on was something the techs didn't want to touch with a three meter pole!
Now, if I lived in the UK in close proximity to VIEZU, I'd consider doing the pulley upgrade. Those VIEZU guys did so many F Type sports car pulley upgrades, they can probably do it blindfolded.

So.... for me, this isn't a smart upgrade to do.
Thank you.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

munchie....
I searched my area of a good auto tech who would feel comfortable working on upgrading my car. After searching high and low, I couldn't find anyone willing to do the pulley upgrade. In fact, these mechanics in my area no matter how good they might be, they all basically told me the same thing, when I asked if they'd do the pulley upgrade.
No way ... ! I don't want to be responsible if something happens or goes wrong. Heating the pulley with a blow torch to properly fit it on was something the techs didn't want to touch with a three meter pole!
Now, if I lived in the UK in close proximity to VIEZU, I'd consider doing the pulley upgrade. Those VIEZU guys did so many F Type sports car pulley upgrades, they can probably do it blindfolded.

Thank you.
I must admit to being a little confused why so many here still talk about "upgrading" the SC/snout pulley for a smaller pulley when there is overwhelming evidence that the better way to go in almost every aspect is to fit a larger crank pulley instead.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:28 PM
Obi
Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

munchie....

Thank you.
Slightly comical, Why not use an oven to heat it?

Ask if they could do the crank pulley. No need to heat anything, it’s pretty straight forward, and is a larger increase in hp

Old 02-24-2023, 09:52 PM
Received 136 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Obi ...

Originally Posted by Obi
Slightly comical, Why not use an oven to heat it?

Ask if they could do the crank pulley. No need to heat anything, it’s pretty straight forward, and is a larger increase in hp

Obi, would an oven be hot enough to match a torch ?
Thanks.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:16 PM
Obi
Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
Obi, would an oven be hot enough to match a torch ?
Thanks.
Hot enough to match a torch? Probably not. Hot enough to evenly heat the sc pulley? Should be. Im pretty sure either VAP, STP, or both recommended that strategy. (May vary by pulley material, but any time you’d use a torch, an oven should suffice)

Old 02-25-2023, 03:48 PM
Received 364 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I must admit to being a little confused why so many here still talk about "upgrading" the SC/snout pulley for a smaller pulley when there is overwhelming evidence that the better way to go in almost every aspect is to fit a larger crank pulley instead.
Why not do both?

Old 02-26-2023, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

I don't see how VAP are any less transparent and they likely have a wider install base on here....

jcb-memphis (02-26-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 04:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I’ve had experience in the past 4 weeks. I had my p450 awd tuned via a vswitch to 600hp and 800nm or so or torque. The difference in performance is night and day. They were communicative at all stages. The instructions on use were a bit average, for instance reading the ecu takes over an hour, no wonder it recommended Using a battery charger whilst
Reading the ecu.

any questions?
Hey munchie

was this the remote obd port thing or did you have to go to their place? I’ve just got a p450 a few weeks back and want to do a remap as an initial mod, don’t want to get into pulleys etc. at this point, just want to uncork it. My understanding is that it’s mechanically identical to the R so 575 should be possible??. it’s unclear what I need to buy/order. There’s also paramount performance which I suspect is the same thing/people.

any pointers from your experience, ordering/install process? Cheers!

Old 03-08-2023, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by johnnymiller
Hey munchie

was this the remote obd port thing or did you have to go to their place? I’ve just got a p450 a few weeks back and want to do a remap as an initial mod, don’t want to get into pulleys etc. at this point, just want to uncork it. My understanding is that it’s mechanically identical to the R so 575 should be possible??. it’s unclear what I need to buy/order. There’s also paramount performance which I suspect is the same thing/people.

any pointers from your experience, ordering/install process? Cheers!

Hi I’ve read the R and the P450 are identical with regards to engine components and pulleys etc.

they do the Viezu Vswitch which is done via the obd. It’s really easy though to read the original ecu it takes an hour with the cars ignition on, that’s why the instructions advise leaving the car connected to a battery charger.

you follow the obd hardware instructions and it copies the ecu files to the device. You then upload them to a pc with usb connectivity using software you need to download, you need to do this before using obd reader in the car as there’s quite a few updates to install.

the file gets loaded onto your pc and you email the file off. Very shortly after you receive a tuned ecu map which you copy onto the obd hardware. Connected hardware to car, follow instructions and 10 mins later the tuning is complete - it’s that easy. I didn’t have any engine warning lights on, some say you have to restart the car 5 times to get rid of eligible management light but I didn’t have to.
The tune is noticeable as soon as you apply some throttle and the gear shifts feel quicker too in my mind. Fuel economy is unaffected unless you enjoy the new power frequently. 4 weeks into the tune and no problems apart from quickly realising how fast this car is now both from a standing start but more so when on the move.

The following 3 users liked this post by munchie:
johnnymiller (03-08-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-08-2023), Turko (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

The VAP tune is obtained and applied in the exact same way.

johnnymiller (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 03:06 PM

Hi I’ve read the R and the P450 are identical with regards to engine components and pulleys etc.

they do the Viezu Vswitch which is done via the obd. It’s really easy though to read the original ecu it takes an hour with the cars ignition on, that’s why the instructions advise leaving the car connected to a battery charger.

you follow the obd hardware instructions and it copies the ecu files to the device. You then upload them to a pc with usb connectivity using software you need to download, you need to do this before using obd reader in the car as there’s quite a few updates to install.

the file gets loaded onto your pc and you email the file off. Very shortly after you receive a tuned ecu map which you copy onto the obd hardware. Connected hardware to car, follow instructions and 10 mins later the tuning is complete - it’s that easy. I didn’t have any engine warning lights on, some say you have to restart the car 5 times to get rid of eligible management light but I didn’t have to.
The tune is noticeable as soon as you apply some throttle and the gear shifts feel quicker too in my mind. Fuel economy is unaffected unless you enjoy the new power frequently. 4 weeks into the tune and no problems apart from quickly realising how fast this car is now both from a standing start but more so when on the move.
cheers, so after reading your post I got in touch with viezu and ordered the vswitch kit today, will post back here how I get on with it when it arrives and I’ve had chance to mess with it.

The following 2 users liked this post by johnnymiller:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-08-2023), Turko (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by johnnymiller
cheers, so after reading your post I got in touch with viezu and ordered the vswitch kit today, will post back here how I get on with it when it arrives and I’ve had chance to mess with it.

Enjoy, I’d be interested on your view after the tune. Just be careful on the first day using the car after the tune as it really is very noticeable, especially if you have the awd model like I have. Charge the car battery up the night before and leave the charger on during reading the ecu tune as it does take over an hour and drains the battery.

Last edited by munchie; 03-08-2023 at 03:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by munchie:
johnnymiller (03-08-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 05:11 PM

Enjoy, I’d be interested on your view after the tune. Just be careful on the first day using the car after the tune as it really is very noticeable, especially if you have the awd model like I have. Charge the car battery up the night before and leave the charger on during reading the ecu tune as it does take over an hour and drains the battery.
Yes mines an awd as well. My car lives on a ctek battery conditioner in the garage so I’ll just leave that connected while the ecu reads/writes are happening.

Will let you know how I get on when it arrives. Some of the links mention 5 different maps eco, thrill, excite etc. is that the case on the f type and did you have to choose? I kind of just want the most performance oriented map provided it doesn’t introduce any characteristics you wouldn’t want when driving normally on public roads?

Old 03-08-2023, 05:31 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,082 Likes on 1,384 Posts

Be aware that if the battery dies during writing, it may brick the ECU. I’d use something more substantial than the CTEK. While chances are you’ll be OK, it would be quite expensive if not.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
johnnymiller (03-08-2023), SVR 575 (03-10-2023)

Quick Reply: anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU