F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke my record at the track last night in my Bone Stock Jag!!! 11.30@125MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 10:15 PM
Received 132 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Broke my record at the track last night in my Bone Stock Jag!!! 11.30@125MPH

Well, I have had my Jag for about 2 and a half months or so now and there is a bit of learning to launch this thing and such to be the most efficient anyway since it doesn't have an actual launch control.

I also took my Bone Stock Mercedes G63 AMG to the track last night as well. This one is tricky because it has a lot of torque limiters and such on it so you have to learn how to launch it as well, but it ended up doing 13 flat at 107mph! I believe this is a record as well as the next fastest Bone Stock one of this generation is 13.19@106.

Below is the video from my Midnight Drags adventure last night with these two vehicles and then timeslips and such as well. I think the Gwagen could squeak a 12 second time and the Jag maybe a .26 or so but we just had to get out of there as we had other engagements last night to attend.

Now time to perform the first modification and test!

Last edited by TT_6SPD_95; 04-18-2022 at 08:23 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by TT_6SPD_95:
bcbruno (04-20-2022), Jamal302 (04-18-2022), Phantomf4collector (04-18-2022), u102768 (04-18-2022), ViperX100 (04-17-2022), WILDP450R (04-18-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-18-2022, 05:06 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95
Well, I have had my Jag for about 2 and a half months or so now and there is a bit of learning to launch this thing and such to be the most efficient anyway since it doesn't have an actual launch control.

I also took my Bone Stock Mercedes G63 AMG to the track last night as well. This one is tricky because it has a lot of torque limiters and such on it so you have to learn how to launch it as well, but it ended up doing 13 flat at 107mph!

Below is the video from my Midnight Drags adventure last night with these two vehicles and then timeslips and such as well. I think the Gwagen could squeak a 12 second time and the Jag maybe a .26 or so but we just had to get out of there as we had other engagements last night to attend.

Now time to perform the first modification and test!

https://youtu.be/QpY-rmQuPl4

Nice. What your is the F type? I have a P450 R Dynamic convertible in Carpathian Gray which looks similar to yours.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:47 AM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Would be very interested in “tips” on how to best perform at a 1/4 m drag.
have never done it before but will be giving it a try this spring.
thanks in advance.
alan

Old 04-18-2022, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by WILDP450R
Nice. What your is the F type? I have a P450 R Dynamic convertible in Carpathian Gray which looks similar to yours.
It is a 2016 Convertible "R" model.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Awd
Would be very interested in “tips” on how to best perform at a 1/4 m drag.
have never done it before but will be giving it a try this spring.
thanks in advance.
alan
Where are you located at? What track are you close to?

Old 04-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts

That's smoking for stock. Way to go. 👍

Old 04-19-2022, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 19FRG
That's smoking for stock. Way to go. 👍
Thanks!

I just did a video of the first modification which is the BMC race filters. At the same time I now know which stock pulley I have so I can start my order with AP for my next mods as well.

I will be testing the BMC's to see what exactly they do and will be reporting back.

The following users liked this post:
Jamal302 (04-21-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,131 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Thanks!

I just did a video of the first modification which is the BMC race filters. At the same time I now know which stock pulley I have so I can start my order with AP for my next mods as well.

I will be testing the BMC's to see what exactly they do and will be reporting back.

https://youtu.be/I0oj8qucC-M
Following what you say about the BMC air filters.
For a long time I considered swapping out the stock air filters for BMC but after lots of reading and research I decided against it, for two reasons:
1. From all reports the BMC filters (and similar K&N filters) flow no better than the already very good stock paper filters and produce no increase in power, torque or performance.
2. They are oil coated filters (again like K&N) which means they need to be removed, cleaned and recoated every once in a while (say 20,000 miles) which is a PITA on the F-Type. Also there is the risk of excess coating oil getting on the MAF wires and causing running problems.
So I eventually replaced the OEM filters with the same type of filters, and then a few months ago I replaced the lower intakes (ie filter boxes and filters) with the Mina Gallery set up, not for any power/torque/performance reason but purely for mucho increased SC whine.
You said in the other thread that you want to stick with the OEM filter box set up and I am a little curious as to why, as I see (and have had) no downsides to the Mina Gallery type of cone filter / removal of the baffles set up.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:33 PM
Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/I0oj8qucC-M
I just installed, finally the full Mina Gallery intake and whether it is upgraded filters (BMC or K&N) or an entire intake system it will virtually do nothing for your car. I knew that prior to getting the Mina Gallery but decided to bite the bullet and buy since it does give you the supercharger whine but that is it. There is no performance gain of any sort. Realize if you change the filters you are solely doing it for personal preference. You will not nothing anything.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
For a long time I considered swapping out the stock air filters for BMC but after lots of reading and research I decided against it, for two reasons:
1. From all reports the BMC filters (and similar K&N filters) flow no better than the already very good stock paper filters and produce no increase in power, torque or performance.
2. They are oil coated filters (again like K&N) which means they need to be removed, cleaned and recoated every once in a while (say 20,000 miles) which is a PITA on the F-Type. Also there is the risk of excess coating oil getting on the MAF wires and causing running problems.
So I eventually replaced the OEM filters with the same type of filters, and then a few months ago I replaced the lower intakes (ie filter boxes and filters) with the Mina Gallery set up, not for any power/torque/performance reason but purely for mucho increased SC whine.
You said in the other thread that you want to stick with the OEM filter box set up and I am a little curious as to why, as I see (and have had) no downsides to the Mina Gallery type of cone filter / removal of the baffles set up.
I will report back actual performance data...I have done EXTENSIVE testing and I will factually know if it actually gains or not. I'll provide the data on what exactly I find which I'll be doing soon.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:11 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
sorry, not in english but, you can see the diff. datas, and BMC to OEM is round about 5-6% more air in the OEM Box!

Last edited by Andi Jaguar G; 04-20-2022 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:10 AM
Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

I always assumed that the F-TYPE being SC, the amount of air would be always the same, regardless which filter or even no filter. Sure, if a filter have better flow or better position perhaps can have a beneficial decrease on air temps or nicer noise....

Old 04-20-2022, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by bcbruno
I always assumed that the F-TYPE being SC, the amount of air would be always the same, regardless which filter or even no filter. Sure, if a filter have better flow or better position perhaps can have a beneficial decrease on air temps or nicer noise....
Think of it this way...if it's trying to pull in more air than what's available is where the problem would be. I would suspect in the lower RPM's this isn't going to be an issue at all, but only in the upper RPM's which is where the engine lives during racing.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:13 AM

It is a 2016 Convertible "R" model.
congratulations, this is a crazy good time in my eyes. But I wonder how that works with a series R and 550 hp? My R AWD with 640 hp Stage 2
and TCU software transmission update is around 11 seconds and 127.4 miles per hour. The new 911 Turbo s 992 with 650 hp has 10.7 seconds
and 137 miles per hour. An 11.3 is already heavy with 100 hp less. The SVR runs in 12,2 Sek. and 124 mile/h. Can you explain that? We see it
on paper, but where does this great time come from? Didn't do anything else with your F Type?
THX
BR
Andi

Old 04-21-2022, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Andi Jaguar G
congratulations, this is a crazy good time in my eyes. But I wonder how that works with a series R and 550 hp? My R AWD with 640 hp Stage 2
and TCU software transmission update is around 11 seconds and 127.4 miles per hour. The new 911 Turbo s 992 with 650 hp has 10.7 seconds
and 137 miles per hour. An 11.3 is already heavy with 100 hp less. The SVR runs in 12,2 Sek. and 124 mile/h. Can you explain that? We see it
on paper, but where does this great time come from? Didn't do anything else with your F Type?
THX
BR
Andi
The best ET 127mph is good for in a vehicle doing that trap speed down the 1/4 is around a 10.6 - 10.7 range (not saying a Jag can do that good though with that MPH) and that is using the power the most efficient and getting the car to leave the best possible. There is an SVR that did 11.28@124mph bone stock btw...it will run 12.2 though if you aren't aware of how to make the car go efficiently. This car doesn't have launch control so you have to get this car moving the most efficient at the starting line on your own and then also keep it in the most efficient power band to keep the best average hp through each gear change which btw have different RPM drops in per gear. My car is bone stock down to the air filters even. Get ahold of me and I'll go over everything with you as to explain everything in high detail I would have to write a book on. Lol If you email me at my office I can type more on my computer instead of my phone...I never get on any forums and such from my computer but do email everyday from it: sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com I have had my car around 2 and a half months, but I'm a big drag racer too and I pick up on and feel differences in different techniques pretty quickly and adjust accordingly.

Below is a video where I'm doing the first modification to this car and changing out my stock air filters over to the BMC Race filters and will be testing those soon when it stops raining here. The video I made of this install also helped me order my AP crank pulley because you have to know which stock pulley you have first before you can make the order and in the video it helped me show them which stock pulley I had.

I just made my order with AP for everything last night which includes the lower pulley, upper pulley and tune. The other thing that I'll be getting is the logger box as well. First I will test the BMC Race filters making sure all variables are the same to know the exact difference. I have done extensive testing so I'll know if there is a tenth of a second difference or even half of a tenth difference. After that I'll be installing new parts from AP and testing those as well.

Last edited by TT_6SPD_95; 04-21-2022 at 07:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 07:45 AM

very good, nice that I have another enthusiastic tuner here in the forum, who passes on his experiences.
I'm curious, theoretically you can go from 11.3 to a smooth 10 seconds for the 1/4 mile when the VAP parts are installed. That would be absolutely violent and almost unbelievable! So 6-7 tenths faster than a 992 Turbo S with 650 hp!!! I'm really excited to see what comes out after the VAP conversion campaign. I WISH YOU SUCCESS...

Old 04-21-2022, 07:50 AM

very good, nice that I have another enthusiastic tuner here in the forum, who passes on his experiences.
I'm curious, theoretically you can go from 11.3 to a smooth 10 seconds for the 1/4 mile when the VAP parts are installed. That would be absolutely violent and almost unbelievable! So 6-7 tenths faster than a 992 Turbo S with 650 hp!!! I'm really excited to see what comes out after the VAP conversion campaign. I WISH YOU SUCCESS...
It looks like I edited my post after you responded to it. I put my info in there of how to get ahold of me. Yes, I'll be reporting back my results of all modifications and if you need any pointers get ahold of me. I don't write nearly as quick on my phone. Lol

Old 04-21-2022, 09:29 AM

I just reread your post and if that car runs 10.7 the way it is I don't see the Jag going 10.0 or10.01 at all. I'm sure it will probably be in the 10's with the new additions but not over a second faster than what it has already done down the 1/4. Now if it was a 14 second car and added that kind of power you could gain closer to the second range.

You have to think of "average hp" in the actual racing RPM too when comparing hp...not just peak numbers.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:00 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Live in Vancouver BC and the track will be Mission Raceway in….Mission BC

Old 04-21-2022, 09:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, nice!

When you placed your order with Velocity AP did they mention anything about using Boostane octane booster to fully take advantage of their tune after changing both pulleys? What octane did you run for the 11.30 pass?

Looking forward to seeing how the upgrades go.

While I don't have an F-type R I do have a 2021 F-Pace SVR...similar Velocity AP mods are being considered .

Thanks, and good luck!

Quick Reply: Broke my record at the track last night in my Bone Stock Jag!!! 11.30@125MPH