Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
The one's still looking for a home
Which dealership is that?

Old 12-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Which dealership is that?
Hennessy Jaguar Gwinnett. Ask for Mary Cromer.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations!

The following users liked this post:
StealthPilot (12-14-2014)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:22 AM

Some more photos alongside her big brother. At this point I also have XPEL film applied to hood, fenders, mirrors, both bumpers, rocker panels (defined broadly) and also the front and rear spoilers.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-13-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I hate you- I have to wait until april for mine- same wheels - same white I did the black pack though and the jet/red interior I have a loooooooooong wait

Old 12-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Let us know how it compares to the M5.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Let us know how it compares to the M5.

I had an M5 (2013) but not concurrently--- both great cars but the M ran its course. The M was faster from a roll with the DCT and hp (the F10 was clearly underrated while the Jag is about flat- I dyno'd both) advantage. The Jag felt stronger and easier to launch with proper throttle modulation vs the tire spinning M. The Jag handles better of course with the more involved chassis and lower curb weight but there are times where the Jag's suspension can feel like its over compressing and rebounding (pre lowering) while the M was just a solid brick on the street and highway. Lookswise the Jag takes the cake and the exhaust stock comparo is no contest. But then it is comparing apples and oranges IMHO.

Stealth will be able to articulate at a higher level since he has both now.

The following users liked this post:
schraderade (12-13-2014)
Old 12-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
I had an M5 (2013) but not concurrently--- both great cars but the M ran its course.
Very interesting comparison Vic....and authoritative as always.

Stealth, I like reading your views and would also be really interested in your side by side comparison, especially on steering, suspension and transmission performance.

I confess I don't really care much for 0-60 or decimal points on acceleration...

Old 12-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Some more photos alongside her big brother. At this point I also have XPEL film applied to hood, fenders, mirrors, both bumpers, rocker panels (defined broadly) and also the front and rear spoilers.

Have you considered getting some padding fitted to the side walls of the garage to protect the edges of the doors, or is there enough space to prevent that being a problem?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by schraderade
Very interesting comparison Vic....and authoritative as always.

Stealth, I like reading your views and would also be really interested in your side by side comparison, especially on steering, suspension and transmission performance.

I confess I don't really care much for 0-60 or decimal points on acceleration...
It's still a little early to comment. So far I have only done 100 miles on the car.

My initial impressions are:
1) Jag steering is more precise and has much better turn-in. This will get even better with Michelin PSS BTW.

2) Suspension - I think the Jag feels more solid and stable than the M5, although the M is also very good. The difference is probably more driven by weight than anything else. I do have the upgraded Dinan anti-roll bars on the M5 though. In cornering there is no comparison - the Jaguar crushes the BMW M5 but then again they are different size, weight and purpose.

3) Jag seems easier to launch which is surprising actually given the power-to-weight ratio being higher. BMW's launch control is pretty poor in my opinion. Jag probably has a better electronic differential.

4) Jag throttle response is superior to the BMW (difference between turbo and supercharger). It just feels more direct and like this a lot. Jag throttle is also smoother which makes the car easier to drive.

5) BMW seems faster once rolling, but I need to drive more to validate this since I haven't really pushed the Jag yet. The BMW transmission is better for spirited driving. It's hard to explain why but I think the Getrag DCT feels more precise than the ZF Auto. For high speed cruising I prefer the Jaguar's because of the 8th gear which keeps RPMs lower.

6) Jag feels better built. No rattles unlike the BMW (although I am going to get the BMW rattle fixed).

Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by F-typical
Have you considered getting some padding fitted to the side walls of the garage to protect the edges of the doors, or is there enough space to prevent that being a problem?
It's not necessary. When I open the door to the first notch there is still about 1-2 inches clearance. However if you have a recommended product please let me know.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I love those wheels, by far I feel the nicest rims for that car other than the wheels that come on the ceramic brake pkg

Old 12-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigcat
I love those wheels, by far I feel the nicest rims for that car other than the wheels that come on the ceramic brake pkg
Agreed, those are the Gyrodynes of which there are two types, all silver, and silver outer facing surfaces with matte black-painted inner spokes and wheel cylinders. The solid silvers are standard on the R Coupe, and anyone with a set of those could have the inners painted the same matt black at minimal cost.

I liked them so much I found a second hand set from an R Coupe that I put on my base convertible.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

The diamond turned Gyrodynes are not matte black anywhere. Where'd you get yours from?

Old 12-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
The diamond turned Gyrodynes are not matte black anywhere. Where'd you get yours from?
OK, my mistake. In photos, they look black inside and silver outside.

Mine are all silver, which is what I prefer, and were sourced from Midwest Wheel and Tire, which normally refurbishes factory wheels that have been curbed or with otherwise minor damage. In my case, Midwest found them unblemished and already mounted with P-Zeros at a Jaguar dealer they have a relationship with. One of their R coupe customers wanted the carbon fiber wheels on his R Coupe, and swapped them after a couple of hundred miles.