Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caster/Camber Plates

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts
Cool Caster/Camber Plates

Any of you guys change out the plates when you switched springs? If so, why? If not, why not?
I was doing a little research because my son wants to lower his 5.0 Mustang and there are replacement plates to adjust the suspension geometry when changing springs. So it piqued my interest in case I ever want to lower my F-Type, although not likely. I've always heard it was bad for a relationship to attempt to change a woman after you're hitched.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
Any of you guys change out the plates when you switched springs? If so, why? If not, why not?
I was doing a little research because my son wants to lower his 5.0 Mustang and there are replacement plates to adjust the suspension geometry when changing springs. So it piqued my interest in case I ever want to lower my F-Type, although not likely. I've always heard it was bad for a relationship to attempt to change a woman after you're hitched.
Why not?: Because like most other custom bits for the F-Type, we have to find a vendor willing to work with us to develop parts that have extremely an limited market potential.

In the case of suspension lowering, there is really no need. The front has sufficient camber adjustment to keep it at the upper limits of the factory spec. Even though the rear camber is not adjustable, the camber increase is beneficial for canyon carving and not so severe as to cause any significant unevenness in tire wear.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:47 AM
KVO
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Why not?: Because like most other custom bits for the F-Type, we have to find a vendor willing to work with us to develop parts that have extremely an limited market potential.
For things like this, you need to look at smaller more specialized (race) suppliers.
I tend to lean towards Intrax suspension, a Dutch company which can make about anything susspension wise to order, and who build custom parts for me already.
No need to run big numbers or batches, and price wise not that more expensive than shelved parts.
There sure must be companies like this on your side of the globe.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by KVO
For things like this, you need to look at smaller more specialized (race) suppliers.
I tend to lean towards Intrax suspension, a Dutch company which can make about anything susspension wise to order, and who build custom parts for me already.
No need to run big numbers or batches, and price wise not that more expensive than shelved parts.
There sure must be companies like this on your side of the globe.
There are, but hardly any have an F-Type sitting in a back bay to develop the design.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Even if camber plates were readily available, I wouldn't run them for a couple of reasons.
1) Lowering springs for the F-Type don't generally throw off an alignment enough to warrant correction via camber plates
2) The trade off in terms of NVH is not worth is at all. Factory mounts are much cushier.