F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complaint about the new F type

Old 10-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

I think that the initial Jaguar F-Type concept is much, much better than what Jaguar actually went with.

Much more differentiated // sexier looks that I think would sell just as much or better.

I don't like the fish gills & vents on the front of the current F-Type.

Attached Thumbnails Complaint about the new F type-jaguar-f-type_concept_2000_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg   Complaint about the new F type-jaguars-f-type-concept_100197188_m.jpg   Complaint about the new F type-new-jaguar-f-type-xk-sedan-works_100216247_m.jpg  
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Pluvrr

I can see what you mean, it does have hint of Mx5 over the lines ... buttt I had the chance to drive one yesterday... As a passanger.. anyway, the car is just so beautiful to behold, sounds sooo good and is just a pice of art... no wonder it sells better than warm bread and butter on a Sunday morning...

Old 10-19-2013, 05:25 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownRobin
I think that the initial Jaguar F-Type concept is much, much better than what Jaguar actually went with.

Much more differentiated // sexier looks that I think would sell just as much or better.

I don't like the fish gills & vents on the front of the current F-Type.

One would recognize that design as Jaguar miles away. It has Jag written all over it. I love the lines.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No complaint here

Lots of complaints ,gripes, etc. some valid some not, some just idiotic.
Still......... This is the BEST Jag since the XKE IMO .
I own one . If you don't like it there are endless other options. Many of them great. Why the bitching ?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by KennB44
Lots of complaints ,gripes, etc. some valid some not, some just idiotic.
Still......... This is the BEST Jag since the XKE IMO .
I own one . If you don't like it there are endless other options. Many of them great. Why the bitching ?
Relax Ken,

Purpose of this forum is to talk about Jaguar cars.... many threads spirited in nature regarding our opinions... we are all passionate Jaguar enthusiasts and oftentimes like to talk about the brand or get philosophical on what we think the brand is doing right or wrong.

I respect the love you have for your car.

Last edited by BrownRobin; 10-22-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Not to rehash this topic, but...

I parked next to a blue Ferrari California. Personally, I think they're both beautiful cars. I'm not sure which front end I like better. Probably mine.
Wish I had more time to take better pictures.

The rear end is a tougher call. I think with tops up, the California looks better. The F-type really needs to have the top down, and then it looks great.

With tops down, you can see that the California has huge flanks/hips, which don't show up so much with the top up. With the top down, I think the F-type's hips are just right.

I know some critics panned the California, but in blue, with the top down, I think it's one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen. I think my car is close. Your opinions may vary...

Attached Thumbnails Complaint about the new F type-img_0626_1k.jpg   Complaint about the new F type-img_0625_1k.jpg  

Last edited by DJS; 11-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

XK's look just as good or better that the two XKE's I've owned, and anybody who thinks a mustang looks good........go to the optomEtrist asap.

F-Types are ok but I won't own a convertible ever again. When and If they make a good looking coupe......I'll buy one.

Honda S2000's ....why did they quit making them? I won't own a fwd sports car, but it looked plenty fine to me. I saw one Sunday morning with the top down. Cool looking car. Looked brand new.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,148 Likes on 7,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Hailers
XK's look just as good or better that the two XKE's I've owned, and anybody who thinks a mustang looks good........go to the optomEtrist asap.

F-Types are ok but I won't own a convertible ever again. When and If they make a good looking coupe......I'll buy one.

Honda S2000's ....why did they quit making them? I won't own a fwd sports car, but it looked plenty fine to me. I saw one Sunday morning with the top down. Cool looking car. Looked brand new.

The 2015 F-Type Coupe will debut at the LA Auto show on Nov. 20th...
(see new thread)

Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The S2000 was an unbelievable sports car at its time and it was the only Honda that was RWD at the time.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

DJS, I'm amazed at how good the f-type looks compared to the California. I was a little underwhelmed by the f-type when I saw it in the metal (they are still very rare here, but I saw a white one up close and it looked a bit fat), but in those pics I'd think the jag has the edge on the California front and back. I'm not mad for the centre pipes, but I know a lot of people who think otherwise. The coupe is due out late next year but I understand it costs even more than the vert. Over here, that means that to get a decent 6 S, you'd be talking about $200K which is the same in our money as it is with yours.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

In person, I think the center pipes look great. They're larger than the quads on the V8, theiy're fluted, and they're not perforated. I love them, but of course, tastes vary.

$200K! I'm guessing you're Down Under?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member

yep. Cars are awfully expensive here (I paid over $100K for a 2 1/2 year old XKR and that was good buying), but there are lifestyle compensations.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Mind if we call you Bruce?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member

You are welcome to. It was the name of all of our male quail who we could never tell apart, so we called them all the same thing. When you travel in country Australia, it seems that every guy is called Bruce, or Trev, or Norm. Kinda like your "Cletus".

Old 11-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing, the F type has more HP and is faster than the California and it cost about $100.000 less which is crazy!!!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Pluvrr
I've never driven the Miata or the F-Type so handling/performance I can't speak to, BUT I do see both of them on the road and I can definitively say the F-type looks like A LOT of other cars on the road including the 2014 Miata.

The F-type is so undistinguished that I do not recognize one on the road unless I end up right behind one and see the Jaguar symbol on the trunk.

Sounds like macular degeneration. See an eye doc quick.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I got to drive a XF for two weeks while the dealer had my XJ8. It handled well and even with the 4cyl was bit peppy, the paddle shifters were fun to play with but it did not feel like a Jag. From a side view it looked like my mothers Accord.

I got invited by Jaguar to test drive the F-Type around a track they had set up with a professional race driver in the passenger's seat as a coach. The sound, the feel, the power. To compare it to a California, OK but a Miata is pure insanity.

Glad to see Tata is using Sir William Lyon's play book and thank you Jaguar.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Hard to believe

ANY real negative comments about the F Type. MY negative is the trunk. That’s all LOL. I just bought mine yesterday. I traded in a hot corvette C6 Vert and didn’t look back! Yes I liked the vette but the F is more fun to drive IMO as it has more comfort. Also it goes up my driveway without dragging

Just driving home down PCH from Newport Beach, the car got more looks and smiles then I could believe. The Vert top is amazing in quality and quietness.

I have had 2 XJ 6’s and 2 XJS’s. Loved the older jags but TOO much maintenance for sure. I like the looks of the F much more then the S as it is updated and current.

Just a happy customer that got a great deal on the new ride.

Happy New Year All

1st (and not last) post.

Scott

Old 12-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

What year is the Accord? And, what is a Jag supposed to feel like?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
cjp
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by themacs
ANY real negative comments about the F Type. MY negative is the trunk. That’s all LOL. I just bought mine yesterday. I traded in a hot corvette C6 Vert and didn’t look back! Yes I liked the vette but the F is more fun to drive IMO as it has more comfort. Also it goes up my driveway without dragging

Just driving home down PCH from Newport Beach, the car got more looks and smiles then I could believe. The Vert top is amazing in quality and quietness.

I have had 2 XJ 6’s and 2 XJS’s. Loved the older jags but TOO much maintenance for sure. I like the looks of the F much more then the S as it is updated and current.

Just a happy customer that got a great deal on the new ride.

Happy New Year All

1st (and not last) post.

Scott
Welcome to the forums Scott.

Chris

The following users liked this post:
themacs (01-01-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complaint about the new F type