Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts
Default For the discerning F-Type owner

24 carat gold plated grille badge!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24ct-Gol...MAAOSwCHBbIqEn

Old 04-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

If you like that, you'll love this to match!
https://www.customgoldgrillz.com/col...13065853796375

Old 04-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I think it would go beautifully with some 24ct gold wrap and gold wheels. 24ct gold is very soft. How much gold is there for that price?

Old 04-03-2019, 07:58 AM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
May be an idea for a belt buckle.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Here's another one, just the ticket for those who have been unsuccessfully chasing a race style front tow hook for the F-Type.
Cheap as well!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Red-Univ...sAAOSwzRlaJ6iO

Old 04-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Aw, c'mon. There is no way that tow hook would work. I mean the double sided tape should hold, but I don't think the ABS plastic would hold the weight of the car for long enough to get the car on the flatbed. Waste of money.

The following 2 users liked this post by Chawumba:
baldguy (04-13-2019), Carbuff2 (04-15-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Aw, c'mon. There is no way that tow hook would work. I mean the double sided tape should hold, but I don't think the ABS plastic would hold the weight of the car for long enough to get the car on the flatbed. Waste of money.
Maybe that's why they call it a decorative tow hook. lol

Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Maybe that's why they call it a decorative tow hook. lol
Look, for that price, I would expect it to not only be functional, but last for many years. Besides, it says "100% buyer satisfaction". What is wrong with these people? Maybe they submitted the reviews before ever having to get towed off the track?

Last edited by Chawumba; 04-14-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Look, for that price, I would expect it to not only be functional, but last for many years. Besides, it says "100% buyer satisfaction". What is wrong with these people? Maybe they submitted the reviews before ever having to get towed off the track?
Right in the description: “3.It is only for decoration, please do not use it to tow any object.”
So, as advertised.
The hook might indeed remain attached to the bumper skin depending on the strength of the adhesive, but that nose will pop right off the front of the car as soon as any pressure is applied by the wrecker. There’s nothing but a few 5 or 6mm bolts holding it to the front of the car.

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-14-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Right in the description: “3.It is only for decoration, please do not use it to tow any object.”
So, as advertised.
The hook might indeed remain attached to the bumper skin depending on the strength of the adhesive, but that nose will pop right off the front of the car as soon as any pressure is applied by the wrecker. There’s nothing but a few 5 or 6mm bolts holding it to the front of the car.
LOL $6 plastic tow hook with double sided tape.

C'mon Unhinged, that is twice you have fallen for this! Guess I need to use sarc tag on all posts around all you engineers....

Old 04-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

If you put in the make, year, model, etc. it will tell you it is not compatible with our cars. Disappointing.....

Old 04-14-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
If you put in the make, year, model, etc. it will tell you it is not compatible with our cars. Disappointing.....
Only place I could see where to mount it would be on the hood - the rest of the front of the car has too many curves. Still, it should work fine to get it up on the flatbed.../s

Old 04-14-2019, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe you need two for them to really work well!

Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts
Default RESPECT the preferences of others...

Why is there so much "hate" and disparaging comments about gold emblems? I don't get it. There are those who prefer silver emblems, black emblems, white emblems, gold emblems and some who prefer no emblems at all! I just can't fathom why people on this forum feel the need to bash others who don't share their particular viewpoint and instead choose to post absurd graphics just because they don't like or agree with something. I don't expect that everyone on this forum will always agree with everyone else's preferences, but I don't think that attacking and belittling the choices of others is in any way appropriate...

Just my thoughts.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Generally, this forum is pretty good in that regard. But, it’s the Internet, and some people feel the need to be loud and over opinionated. Worst-case, the forum allows you to block posts from people you don’t want to hear from.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Here's one explanation on the gold trim reaction;

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...anymore-270447

Old 04-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

Oz, when you filled in the lettering on the side vents, are there any tricks you suggest to make it look pro? I thought to do it myself but then thought I might make a mess, now someone on the UK XE forum (which I am on because I am excited about the new XE and it doesnt generate a lot of interest on this forum) is looking to do the same to theirs.

I had some leftover "SUPERCHARGED" lettering from my XKR Mina bonnet vents, so I stuck that on my F Type vents to make it even more bogan than before.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Oz, when you filled in the lettering on the side vents, are there any tricks you suggest to make it look pro? I thought to do it myself but then thought I might make a mess, now someone on the UK XE forum (which I am on because I am excited about the new XE and it doesnt generate a lot of interest on this forum) is looking to do the same to theirs.

I had some leftover "SUPERCHARGED" lettering from my XKR Mina bonnet vents, so I stuck that on my F Type vents to make it even more bogan than before.
No tricks Brucey boy, it's a piece of cake!
I did mine well over two years ago now and they haven't deteriorated one little bit, the painted lettering still looks factory.
I also did the same to the "supercharged" lettering on the bonnet vents of the old XFR, using the exact same paint.

1. Select your paint colour.
2. Buy or use a can of caliper paint in your selected colour (I have black pack vents on the F-Type so I simply used some left over silver caliper paint I had lying around from years before).
3. Clean the vents/lettering thoroughly first, I used meths.
4. Spray some of the paint into a small container (I used the lid of the can but check first it doesn't have a drain hole, been there done that!).
5. Grab a small to medium artists brush and fill the lettering with it. Don't be fussy, slather it on good and thick and don't worry about excess going outside the lettering (but don't go so overboard that it runs or drips off the vent!)
6. Wait around 10 minutes then apply a second coat, again good and thick - you are now trying to fill the lettering almost level with the surrounding area.
7. Let it dry for another 10 to 20 minutes.
8. Then rub/wipe off the excess paint outside the lettering with one of two options (both of which I have used):
(a) Mineral turps on a MF cloth - slow, tedious and hard work but you will get there in the end.
(b) Chipex chip repair kit "solution" using their little rubber block and rubbing cloth - quick, easy and perfect results.
I suspect acetone will work as well (it's great for removing paint) but it's powerful stuff and could either (or both) dissolve the paint out of the lettering or damage the vent finish.

I know this sounds a bit complicated but it really is very easy.

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

I am going to link this post for my UK XE associates and receive much kudos. Thanks, I might have a go myself after the fun of the new rotors wears off. They dont arrive for a few weeks now, I got all excited as I was getting UPS reports of a delivery on Monday, but I think they meant it was going to the airport in the US.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I am going to link this post for my UK XE associates and receive much kudos. Thanks, I might have a go myself after the fun of the new rotors wears off. They dont arrive for a few weeks now, I got all excited as I was getting UPS reports of a delivery on Monday, but I think they meant it was going to the airport in the US.
Just for you Brucey, a pic of the painted XFR bonnet vents and one of the F-Type side vents:

Edit - I believe you have the chrome (anodised alooooominum?) side vents on your F-Type, in which case you would be better off painting the lettering either red or gloss black. I painted the side and rear lettering (chrome backgrounds) on both my XFS and XFR with gloss black caliper paint and both came out brilliant.

Last edited by OzXFR; 04-16-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: For the discerning F-Type owner