F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Not Watch YouTube

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by amr42
Destroyed? It's only the bottom half of the tires that may need some cleaning off...

Remembering the Myth Busters episode where they proved that a stick of dynamite could <potentially> clean out the inside of a cement mixer truck/lorry (for limeys)

I hope I never have to have detailed knowledge of this, but wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, underside of car, paint where it splattered, and god forbid something was sucked into the engine.

You are a very optimistic fellow, and that's good to be so upbeat. I guess life has taught me that rarely does stuff like this end well.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

If the car was towed out of the muck and immediately hosed down, there shouldn't have been any residue/damage.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
If the car was towed out of the muck and immediately hosed down, there shouldn't have been any residue/damage.
"Speed" is not the first word that comes to mind when looking at the workers in the picture. I would go with "eventually" and the car is screwed.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I suspect you are both right.

Stand alone concrete is actually pretty weak. There's a good possibility a power washer would take care of most of that, even if it takes a while to get out.

On the other hand, I don't think our cars are *that* sturdy. That's the joker. It doesn't seem to take much to tear them up pretty good. Just running into that mess at speed could have torn a bunch up.

I'm always surprised when I see how quickly these cars give way/release parts. Probably a good thing at speed if you hit something tho..

Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by HalcyonDays
"Speed" is not the first word that comes to mind when looking at the workers in the picture. I would go with "eventually" and the car is screwed.
lol. I see your point.