Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type with ECU/Pulley Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type with ECU/Pulley Upgrade

This dyno sheet shows wheel hp. The result for Jaguar F-Type was 618hp to the engine, this is a great result knowing that a stock Jaguar always measures lower than the manufacturers claims.

Name:  F-TypeDynoSheet_zps961d1df5.jpg
Views: 3754
Size:  86.8 KB

Old 08-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Very nice but do have some questions:

Can you post the before and after HP and TQ plots?

What is the PSI increase over stock in boost with the smaller pulley?

What are you calculating for the drive train loss to get flywheel numbers?

What Octane were you using for the run? Recommended Min Octane?

How many runs did you make and what were the lower numbers. (I'm assuming this was the highest?)

Are you using a re-flash or piggy back ECU?

This is the V8S engine, rated at 495 HP stock at the crank, correct?

Thanks,

Walt

Old 08-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WaltB
Very nice but do have some questions:

Can you post the before and after HP and TQ plots?

What is the PSI increase over stock in boost with the smaller pulley?

What are you calculating for the drive train loss to get flywheel numbers?

What Octane were you using for the run? Recommended Min Octane?

How many runs did you make and what were the lower numbers. (I'm assuming this was the highest?)

Are you using a re-flash or piggy back ECU?

This is the V8S engine, rated at 495 HP stock at the crank, correct?

Thanks,

Walt

We only use 1.5lb pulleys. The 470hp engine is the same as the 550hp so we go by the final number (only difference is software). That car was tested in Florida using 93 octane, the car was totally stock except for pulley/tune.

ECU tune only we can take the 470hp Jaguar to 565hp, you can find more details on our blog. You can add 15% for engine power. For more information you can call us.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Appears you have responded to 2 of my 7 questions. Please answer the other 5 here.
I'm very interested but somewhat skeptical of the numbers you are stating. The before and after dyno charts as well as pulley boost increase psi will help to validate your claims.
If all checks out I'm a potential customer.

Thanks,

Walt

Last edited by WaltB; 08-10-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
This dyno sheet shows wheel hp. The result for Jaguar F-Type was 618hp to the engine, this is a great result knowing that a stock Jaguar always measures lower than the manufacturers claims.

Hey Jags, is that you?

Old 08-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

1. The next time one comes in we'll see if we can measure the before and after.
2. 1.5lb
3. 15%
4. Car was tested by a Lamborghini dealership in Miami, they used 93 octane. Minimum 91 octane is recommended.
5. 3 runs we're made, the dyno sheet was emailed to us by the car owner.
6. ECU was programmed via the OBD2 port.
7. Car is supposed to have 495hp to the crank, everyone who has measured a Jaguar will know the car actually measures lower than stated by the factory.

Walt, call us if you have any further questions.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Hey Jags, is that you?
Jags said hope all is well.

Trending Topics

Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

sales@ETG - awesome to see you on here. In the parking lot warning thread in this forum, the original poster said he was getting a CEL with the tune and pulley he has (I think a different company than yours). Can you tell us roughly how many pulley and tune packages you've done on this engine and if you've seen any issues with CELs?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by myidsucks
sales@ETG - awesome to see you on here. In the parking lot warning thread in this forum, the original poster said he was getting a CEL with the tune and pulley he has (I think a different company than yours). Can you tell us roughly how many pulley and tune packages you've done on this engine and if you've seen any issues with CELs?
We have never had an issue, all of our customers have the ETG owners personal cell phone number. We do about 4 or 5 of these engines everyday across the country, this includes the Range Rovers too.

If any of our customers have had an issue they are more than welcome to post their invoice number here.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Looking at the shape of the torque curve, what's the thinking behind the pulley swap given that you're still limiting the boost?

Surely sticking with the stock pulley would be easier on the 'charger.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

1. The next time one comes in we'll see if we can measure the before and after.
2. 1.5lb
3. 15%
4. Car was tested by a Lamborghini dealership in Miami, they used 93 octane. Minimum 91 octane is recommended.
5. 3 runs we're made, the dyno sheet was emailed to us by the car owner.
6. ECU was programmed via the OBD2 port.
7. Car is supposed to have 495hp to the crank, everyone who has measured a Jaguar will know the car actually measures lower than stated by the factory.

Walt, call us if you have any further questions.
Before and after would be interesting.. I'm curious as to why Jaguar would normally measure lower than advertised horsepower. I have the R and I think its supposed to be around 550.
I do recall someone at a dealer telling me some years back that Jaguar de-tuned the cars once they arrive at port in North America (or maybe it was before they even left the factory, can't remember) due to the lousy quality of gas here compared to Europe.. not sure about this claim and have never tried to follow-up.
I'm a long drive from 'ECU tuning group' to benefit from this application.

I also wonder what increase they would get if they didn't bother with the pulley, but just did the tune?
Does the tune 'stick', or do you need to repeat it from time to time... you can tell I'm new to this stuff.
Lawrence.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Before and after would be interesting.. I'm curious as to why Jaguar would normally measure lower than advertised horsepower. I have the R and I think its supposed to be around 550.
I do recall someone at a dealer telling me some years back that Jaguar de-tuned the cars once they arrive at port in North America (or maybe it was before they even left the factory, can't remember) due to the lousy quality of gas here compared to Europe.. not sure about this claim and have never tried to follow-up.
I'm a long drive from 'ECU tuning group' to benefit from this application.

I also wonder what increase they would get if they didn't bother with the pulley, but just did the tune?
Does the tune 'stick', or do you need to repeat it from time to time... you can tell I'm new to this stuff.
Lawrence.
Stock F- Type R measures around 530hp. ECU tune only will be 35hp gain. This will still be faster and more responsive than stock.

You don't need to repeat the tune.

Also,we offer a package where you will be able to reprogram your vehicle through the OBD II port in the comfort of your own home. The process is simple, safe, and easy.

For more information you can call us.

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I've had a few questions and I thought I'd answer here. I won't divulge the vendor as we are still in preliminary stages. I had a tune/pulley done and I've just gotten word back that the pulley came off the SC, and now I need a whole new SC. Basically, they are saying it slipped off, hit the intake, that shifted it down, and that blew the whole mechanism.

So I did NOT have the tuner do the install, it was a local shop that has done 100s of pulleys, but this was their first jag. The tuner knew of no one in the area that could do the install. The installer moaned mightily about the install (and I saw them do it, it was painful).

So you know what will happen next, the tuner will blame the installer, the installer will blame the part. The moral here is to be VERY careful here as we are looking at a HUGE bill.

Dremorg (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Did they press on the new pulley or heat it up & slide it on. I have done many pulley swaps on the 5.0 & never had a problem.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
Did they press on the new pulley or heat it up & slide it on. I have done many pulley swaps on the 5.0 & never had a problem.
Just wondering, which is the correct way?
Lawrence

Old 08-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by nsane1
So I've had a few questions and I thought I'd answer here. I won't divulge the vendor as we are still in preliminary stages. I had a tune/pulley done and I've just gotten word back that the pulley came off the SC, and now I need a whole new SC. Basically, they are saying it slipped off, hit the intake, that shifted it down, and that blew the whole mechanism.

So I did NOT have the tuner do the install, it was a local shop that has done 100s of pulleys, but this was their first jag. The tuner knew of no one in the area that could do the install. The installer moaned mightily about the install (and I saw them do it, it was painful).

So you know what will happen next, the tuner will blame the installer, the installer will blame the part. The moral here is to be VERY careful here as we are looking at a HUGE bill.

Did you not start a thread where you said your pulley was dislodged due to the fender bender? This above post doesnt mention any of that... looking for some clarity as I dont want to be a pulley guinea pig. I already sailed on that ship back in late 2003 with my M113K E55 where the pulley wasnt installed correctly. The vibration of the poor install shot the belt off and it hit my accessories pulley belt and caused a boatload of issues.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jag is a stand up guy and it is our car that he posted the Dyno pull!!!!! We have had no issues with tune or Christmas lights coming on so far and it's been about 9 months since we did the tune and pulley swap!!!!! For $2K, you can't go wrong!!!!!! This car will have a hard time handling anymore power than this without better tires and wider rubber!!!!! Thanks Jag!!!!!!
JP,

Old 08-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JerryTheBanker
Jag is a stand up guy and it is our car that he posted the Dyno pull!!!!! We have had no issues with tune or Christmas lights coming on so far and it's been about 9 months since we did the tune and pulley swap!!!!! For $2K, you can't go wrong!!!!!! This car will have a hard time handling anymore power than this without better tires and wider rubber!!!!! Thanks Jag!!!!!!
JP,
Thank you Jerry.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryTheBanker
JP,
I agree that Jags is a stand-up guy! He did a tune on my C63AMG some years back with no issues whatsoever.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (08-13-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 09:42 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I considered this tune for my 2013 XKR and decided against it because so many questions had no answers. The 5L SC engine remapping has been explored extensively in XKR threads. Most recently the following thread addressed some of the issues with tuning the 5L SC engine: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...lution-122060/ . However, $2,000 is over double what other high quality tuners are charging. Don't waste your money or time and be sure you know what you are buying into and what warranty is included or for that matter voided.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type with ECU/Pulley Upgrade