Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurotoys Black Friday Specials

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Eurotoys Black Friday Specials

The Eurotoys 2017 "Black Friday" deals start now and go until the end of the month.

Click here for specials Eurotoys,Ltd.

If you have any trouble with checkout, please email, or call us.

Thank you

The following users liked this post:
enderle (11-23-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Last day of our sale.

Thank you

Old 02-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

A heads up for F-Type V6 owners buying a Eurotoys lower/crank pulley.
I bought one for my 2014 V6S coupe (MY 2015) a couple of months ago, and took it to a shop to be fitted a bit over a month ago. After fitting the mechanic called me over and showed me there was a problem (and from chatting with the mechanic it was obvious he really knows his stuff!).
The pulley was sitting about 3 mm too far out from the engine (ie towards the front of the car) and this was pushing the drive belt off the front edge of the new belt tensioner by a couple of mm, or roughly one "belt rib". Also, the new belt was a little too long such that even with the tensioner right up to it's "stop" it still wasn't quite as tight as it should be, which left no leeway for the tensioner to tighten the belt as it stretched a little with use. The mechanic advised that he could possibly insert a 3 mm thick washer/spacer on the back of the tensioner to bring it out level with the pulley, but he didn't have anything suitable on hand and he would have to machine one = time & $. Even then that might not solve the "too long belt" problem, so after some discussion we agreed that it just wasn't right, there was too much risk of the belt slipping off, and the new parts had to come off and the stock parts be put back on.
When I got home I emailed Eurotoys and explained the problem, and Mike Werner got back to me promptly. We swapped a few more emails and Mike worked out that he had accidentally sent me the wrong kit - apparently there are two generations of F-Type V6 crank pulleys, Gen 1 and Gen 2, I had Gen 1 but he sent me the Gen 2 kit. Understandable given I have an Australian VIN which is not in his database and the MY designation for NAS and ROW cars is different.
He agreed to send me the correct kit free of charge and he would also pay for return postage of the first kit.
The new kit arrived today, and yes both the pulley and belt are different to the first kit, see attached pics. In the first pic the original pulley and belt are on the right with the correct pulley and belt on the left, in the second pic the new pulley is on the bottom, and in the last pic the new pulley is on the left. As you can see it is quite a different shape from the original pulley. The new belt is also a different model to the old belt, and it is 28 mm shorter, 1462 mm vs 1490 mm. No change to the tensioner pulley, the first one they sent is correct.
Mike and Eurotoys have been very helpful throughout, as I said before it was an easy mistake to make.
Moral of the story - double check whether you have the Gen 1 or Gen 2 stock crank pulley before you order, according to Mike the Gen 1 pulley is silver/aluminium and the Gen 2 is black. I don't know when they changed, and I don't know if the same (Gen 1 vs Gen 2) applies to the V8, maybe Mike can advise.
Now to make an appointment to get it fitted!

The following users liked this post:
andykreb (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Jeeze. I bought one for a V8. I hope they dont have the same issues.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Thanks Oz,
This confirms I have the right version. I suspected that I was in the clear since I bought mine so long ago, and there was only one generation at that time.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:12 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Today I just realized I have the same situation on my F-Type R. I received a Gen2 kit, but my car is a Gen1, even though its a 2016 F-type R. My car might have been in the first batch right before the change to the Gen2 pulley. I will be reaching out to Eurotoys today for a swap. I didn't notice the issue because I was using the new idlers which is smooth and allows for the belt to be off 3mm without any issues due to lack of grooves.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Today I just realized I have the same situation on my F-Type R. I received a Gen2 kit, but my car is a Gen1, even though its a 2016 F-type R. My car might have been in the first batch right before the change to the Gen2 pulley. I will be reaching out to Eurotoys today for a swap. I didn't notice the issue because I was using the new idlers which is smooth and allows for the belt to be off 3mm without any issues due to lack of grooves.
what is the production date (or last 5 digits of vin)?

Old 10-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd

I’m a 16MY gen 1: 22771

Old 10-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

K29843 - Gen 1

Old 10-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts

Lance,
hmmm... this all sounds familiar. should have read the Eurotoys thread about all this.