F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty Service Plan - SCAM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty Service Plan - SCAM?

Everyone. I don't know if this is a scam or it's legit. I received a letter from ENDURANCE, the letter claims they are a Extended Vehicle Service Plan provider. I have FIDELITY extended service plan I got through my Jaguar Dealership on my 2016 Jaguar F-Type. Did anyone else get a letter from ENDURNACE stating their would be price increases? On this letter from ENDURANCE there is no mention that the plan covers a Jaguar F-Type and when I called ENDURNACE I was asking which vehicle this plan would be covering and they wanted me to tell them the year, make and model. SCAM? Or is FEDILITY raising their rates?

Old 09-07-2023, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 686 Posts

I can't say whether Endurance bought out your original provider and took over. I suppose that could happen. But it sounds like a familiar ploy. Most of the spam phone calls I get are trying to sell me extended warranties (the rest want to buy my house). I get them on my office phone, my work cell and personal cell. I get letters and postcards in the mail and text messages and emails. And they all have language something to the effect of "your extended warranty is about to expire, call us to renew" or "call before your rates increase". They always make it sound like I already have a policy with them, and further like its "urgent" that I call back or respond immediately. Apparently must be a very effective method. Unlike you, I bet most people could not recall the name of their warranty provider on the spot and I bet some don't even recall whether or not they even bought such a policy. After all, they pay up front for a warranty and/or roll it in to the loan payment and likely never look at the paperwork again unless they have to get into a fight over a claim. Probably most people either a) trade the car in after a couple of years without ever using the warranty or b) get lucky and go the whole five years never having to use it or c) just take it back for repair to the selling dealer who has it on computer and takes care of everything. Its easy to see how car warranty scammers could take advantage of human forgetfulness.

Why they seem target me with so much spam I don't know. I haven't bought any warranty and I'm the ultimate DIY'er with a well-equipped backyard shop. They must've hacked my info from a Honda forum because if they knew what kind of other cars I have, they'd quickly delete me from their database. With me as a customer, they'd go bankrupt in no time at all.

The following 2 users liked this post by pdupler:
Simonusa0 (09-11-2023), Wayne Barron (09-09-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 03:40 PM
Received 282 Likes on 182 Posts

I would call Fidelity, the company you believe you have the warranty with and verify that your coverage is still in place.

Like the other post, I get calls all the time to 'extend' the warranty on my car. When I ask them which car ( we have 2017 F, 2018 corvette, 2013 golf, 2022 Silverado) they can never tell me. Now the Postal mail cards/letters come, and they have the car on them. I think my state DMV (Wisconsin) sells ownership info to these businesses. I have taken steps to limit/opt out on my DMV info so that I can reduce or limit this crap. On days when I'm really mean to them when they call I just tell them to get a real job and stop peddling this stuff.

The following users liked this post:
Wayne Barron (09-09-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 08:08 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I got that letter too.Endurance are just fishing for business. Nothing to do with your existing Fidelity coverage.