F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type flips on the M5

Old 04-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts
Default F-Type flips on the M5

In true feline fashion, landed on its feet....
Hopefully none of our forum members involved but article states that occupants were ok. Those damn P-Zeros.

Traffic chaos on M5 in Devon after F-Type Jaguar crashes in to the central reservation | Plymouth Herald
Originally Posted by article
Traffic chaos has been reported on M5 in Devon, after a car completely flipped over.

Police called just after 10am today to a single car collision on the M5 near to Junction 29.

On arrival they discovered a Jaguar F-type in the central reservation, which has also been damaged. Reports suggest the vehicle flipped over and landed back on its wheels.

Lane three, southbound, is blocked and the northbound carriageway is also disrupted because of debris from the crash.

No injuries are reported, and the Highways Agency are clearing debris and fuel spill in a bid to reopen the blocked lanes. However, at 1pm traffic was still very heavy and slow in the area.

However, by 1.40pm, all debris and fuel had been removed, all lanes were re-opened and traffic was returning to normal.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
Those damn P-Zeros.
Now now... lets not blame the perfectly adequate and safe tires for this with no information.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

That was intended to be sarcasm. :-)

Old 04-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 586 Likes on 360 Posts

I drive that patch of road in mine when commuting to my office. The M5 between Exeter and Cullompton in both directions is terrible for shedding water since it was resurfaced with what feels like polished glass a few years back. There are sections that are so bad that you can tell those who drive the road frequently because we all pull into the first driving lane to take advantage of the ruts caused by the HGVs.

I travel at rush hour which misses most of the accidents on that road but those I do see are often third lane hitting the central reservation and knowing how slippery that lane gets I'm surprised it doesn't happen daily.

I'm glad there were no injuries. It is also slightly reassuring to know that our cars can handle a "typical" high speed roll and the driver walks away from it. There have been a few reported now with similar injury-free outcomes.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-06-2016)