F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type 'HOW TO' Guides and Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Anybody have owner's manuals (pdf) to upload for the '15 and/or '16 MY F-Types?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Anybody have owner's manuals (pdf) to upload for the '15 and/or '16 MY F-Types?
Not a .pdf, but here is the direct link for the MY2016 manual

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...3&groupId=1655

The following 2 users liked this post by TXJagR:
slojotaa (07-23-2016), Unhingd (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by txjagr
not a .pdf, but here is the direct link for the my2016 manual

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...3&groupid=1655
thank you!

Old 08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

TSB JTB00365NAS2 - Active Exhaust Vacuum Pump Noisy

TSB to re-route vacuum from pump in fender to feed from engine for the active exhaust. Resolves buzzing noise from rear left of the vehicle, can be described as loose heatshield or buzzing/rattling in the exhaust system.

Link to PDF of TSB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ...ew?usp=sharing

Old 08-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
TSB JTB00365NAS2 - Active Exhaust Vacuum Pump Noisy

TSB to re-route vacuum from pump in fender to feed from engine for the active exhaust. Resolves buzzing noise from rear left of the vehicle, can be described as loose heatshield or buzzing/rattling in the exhaust system.

Link to PDF of TSB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ...ew?usp=sharing
I don't understand. If the manifold vacuum wasn't originally considered sufficient for the purpose (and thus requiring a separate pump), why is the pump now no longer needed?

Old 08-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

I don't understand. If the manifold vacuum wasn't originally considered sufficient for the purpose (and thus requiring a separate pump), why is the pump now no longer needed?
Agreed, it is suspect. I can tell you that I just picked up the car, and not only is the rattle still present, but I don't think the active exhaust is functioning anymore.

I will take it out tonight to do some further testing, but I also have an appointment to bring it back in tomorrow morning, at which point I will address this with my SA.

The TSB is applicable to 2014 and 2015 models only, so they made some adjustment to the 2016 models. I will be asking if the 2016 cars have the pump removed, or an updated pump design. I may request an entire 2016 exhaust system, including the updated pump (if there is one) be installed.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Have I mentioned lately how happy I am with the basic sport exhaust, which is open all the time, loud all the time, has no valves to open, close, buzz, or rattle, and doesn't require re-routing of vacuum lines?

Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Have I mentioned lately how happy I am with the basic sport exhaust, which is open all the time, loud all the time, has no valves to open, close, buzz, or rattle, and doesn't require re-routing of vacuum lines?
Not helpful! (lol)

Old 08-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Not helpful! (lol)
I know, just being "impish." Nonetheless, how hard could it be to just remove those valves and other troublesome hardware? Not very . . .

Old 08-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

I think if I had this rattle I would find a way to fix it myself, either by doing as Foosh implies (i.e. do away with the valves that make it quiet) or by installing nice custom exhaust on it. I definitely would not be tapping the engine vacuum lines. That is just adding a dozen failure points, any one of which could lean the engine out and cause running issues up to possibly burning a valve.

This reminds me of the TSB on my wife's Escalade for the heated windshield washer reservoir. "Cut wire, tape off ends" - end of TSB. Shame on you Jaguar.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm preparing to install a ring terminal charging harness from my Battery Tender onto my 2016 FTR but wanted to make sure that I am connecting it to the correct locations.

Does anyone know if the mounting points suggested in in the Battery Charging Kit diagram referenced in this thread are still relevant for the 2016 models? That diagram was intended to be used on the 2014 models with two batteries. I know it is still relevant for the 2015 models as well as not much changed. However the 2016 models only have a single battery so I assume there has been some changes to the wiring. It looks like the wiring is mostly the same, but I believe the positive terminal mount point was also where the second battery connected into the wire bus, which may not exist anymore.

I know it isn't recommended to charge directly against the battery terminals since that can cause issues with the battery level monitor circuit, so I want to insure I understand how to wire this up properly before proceeding.

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
I'm preparing to install a ring terminal charging harness from my Battery Tender onto my 2016 FTR but wanted to make sure that I am connecting it to the correct locations.

Does anyone know if the mounting points suggested in in the Battery Charging Kit diagram referenced in this thread are still relevant for the 2016 models? That diagram was intended to be used on the 2014 models with two batteries. I know it is still relevant for the 2015 models as well as not much changed. However the 2016 models only have a single battery so I assume there has been some changes to the wiring. It looks like the wiring is mostly the same, but I believe the positive terminal mount point was also where the second battery connected into the wire bus, which may not exist anymore.

I know it isn't recommended to charge directly against the battery terminals since that can cause issues with the battery level monitor circuit, so I want to insure I understand how to wire this up properly before proceeding.

Thanks!
Yes - The 2016 utilises exactly the same points for a BT to be connected as the earlier 13/14/and some 15 models with the Auxillary Battery.

Last edited by Tel; 08-26-2015 at 04:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tel:
JeffUK (01-29-2022), Merlin (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tel
Yes - The 2016 utilises exactly the same points for a BT to be connected as the earlier 13/14/and some 15 models with the Auxillary Battery.
Brilliant. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

As long as you connect the positive to anywhere on the BUS bar it will work, after all it's one solid copper bar with multiple attachment points.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TXJagR
As long as you connect the positive to anywhere on the BUS bar it will work, after all it's one solid copper bar with multiple attachment points.
Yeah I ended up connecting things a bit different than the diagram suggested after I realized this. I connected the positive ring to the nut that connects the two pieces of the copper bar together in the middle of the wiring bus (since it was right next to a convenient opening in the shell of the wiring bus cover, and connected the negative to a ground just to the right of the wiring box where a smaller black cable was connected. Seems to work fine.

I did notice one thing when I had the cargo tray out. While most of the wires are connected, I did find one set of wires that terminated in a small plug, but that plug wasn't connected to anything. Looks like it should be wired into something but I didn't see any open plugs. I don't have warning lights showing on my car so it be that it is not supposed to be plugged in. Perhaps it is something for the future. However I found it odd. I didn't get photos but I may go back to do that.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin

I did notice one thing when I had the cargo tray out. While most of the wires are connected, I did find one set of wires that terminated in a small plug, but that plug wasn't connected to anything. Looks like it should be wired into something but I didn't see any open plugs. I don't have warning lights showing on my car so it be that it is not supposed to be plugged in. Perhaps it is something for the future. However I found it odd. I didn't get photos but I may go back to do that.
Does it look like this.........

My dealer says it's used during shipment and the pre-delivery testing process. It would have been nice to tag or blank plug it so we don't wonder/worry and the dealers don't get a question from pesky buyers. Mine was swinging in the breeze; now it's secured for strictly aesthetic reasons.

Desert Hiker

Last edited by Desert Hiker; 08-30-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

My car is the same as the photo above. I assumed it was for an option I don't have.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Hiker
Does it look like this.........

My dealer says it's used during shipment and the pre-delivery testing process. It would have been nice to tag or blank plug it so we don't wonder/worry and the dealers don't get a question from pesky buyers. Mine was swinging in the breeze; now it's secured for strictly aesthetic reasons.

Desert Hiker
Yeah that is it. Mine is also just hanging loose. I didn't do anything to it as there really isn't anywhere for it to go or moving parts for it to come into contact with. I was just concerned that it was something that had come unplugged. Sounds like its normal.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts
Default Battery Tender

Instructions with pictures for installing a battery tender. In my case, a CTEK MUS 4.3

Remove tray covering the battery on the left side floor of the trunk.
Remove center tray (the one with the well)
Remove the hard plastic cover to the battery wiring. This is what you'll see:

The red (+) lead is attached opposite the yellow wire in the photo, and
The black/ground (-) lead is attached to the car's grounding cable directly below.
You can then replace the tray and leave the plug-in lead (pig-tail) exposed in the trunk compartment.
It's very convenient to just open the trunk plug it in, and the trunk will close over the power cord.

(Thanks, Foosh. I had saved that picture from a while ago and thought I'd give back by putting picture, labels, and instructions together. I like white, though.)

Last edited by uncheel; 09-01-2015 at 10:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
F-Bond007 (04-24-2017)
Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Hey, that's my picture, and I know your car's not white! However, you did a service by adding the captions.

The following users liked this post:
uncheel (09-01-2015)

Quick Reply: F-Type 'HOW TO' Guides and Information