F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type s side sills

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F type s side sills

I'm a newbie and assume this question has been asked and answered 1,000 times. Having said that, my 2016 f type s did not come w/sport pack or exterior design pack and I'm talking to many companies trying to find out if I can add blades or sills which attach directly to the rocker panels. Any advice us greatly appreciated. No comments like dumbass will not help. Thanks, raybo

Old 01-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Why not just get the OEM "R" sideskirts from 2015? They are about $250 a side, and need only about 6 bolts on each side to mount! "dumbass" jk.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

You might even find someone here who has a takeoff set they are interested in parting with as not everyone likes them. I have the shorter (non-
AWD ones) and am a bit ambivalent about the look though they definitely protect the paint IMO.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 01-25-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by DPelletier
You might even find someone here who has a takeoff set they are interested in parting with as not everyone likes them. I have the shorter (non-
AWD ones) and am a bit ambivalent about the look though they definitely protect the paint IMO.

Cheers,
Dave
You have the best ones. Too bad you're all the way in Canada otherwise I'd offer to take them!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Why not just get the OEM "R" sideskirts from 2015? They are about $250 a side, and need only about 6 bolts on each side to mount! "dumbass" jk.
here's the problem. My car did not come with the sport pack or exterior design pack so whatever I procure must mount to the existing rocker panels. If the OEM R sideskirts can be attached to the rocker panels than I am as you so elequently stated a dumbass

Old 01-25-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 white xkr
here's the problem. My car did not come with the sport pack or exterior design pack so whatever I procure must mount to the existing rocker panels. If the OEM R sideskirts can be attached to the rocker panels than I am as you so elequently stated a dumbass
The existing rocker panels are the same part numbers for all F-TYPES. From a base all the way through an "R". I remember when I first got my base F-TYPE, I went through the entire parts catalogue to see what was cross compatible. You'll also learn the basic schematics of the car.

PILLARS, ROCKER & FLOOR. EXTERIOR TRIM.. Fits: 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe 5.0L V8 | Byers Jaguar

Click on part #8 or #9 and click on "what it fits". BAM! Although the pricing is a little higher than I last remembered it!

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 01-25-2017 at 02:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
Coopersjag (02-19-2017), jaguny (01-26-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

This is what they offer in Australia JAGUAR GEAR - F-TYPE - EXTERIOR - EXTERIOR STYLING - Sport Design Pack - Exterior, PDC, Pre 18MY

I have the sports design pack which came wih the car as a dealer build. It is a bit of a PITA because the wide sills make it harder to get out, and as they are horizontal the water doesnt drip off and it make mud splotches. They also take away from the shape of the car as they are the same colour. I prefer the shorter sills, from the earlier years. The rear treatment looks good, though.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Default F type side sills

JK: are you certain that the 2015 F Type R side sills will mount to the stock rocker panels, or were you thinking I have the extended sills? If you're certain the effort becomes a "no brainier". Also, someone posted a pic if their F type with stock rocker panels using the blade sills from the F type r. Would you repost forme. I found a dealership in Canada who's parts Dept manager is kind enough to help me through this process so I'd like to send him the pic which was posted earlier this week. Thank you both gentlemen,. Raybo

Old 01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Every F Type has the provisions for the side skirts. Its cheaper to make them that way and really has no impact on the car.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Every F Type has the provisions for the side skirts. Its cheaper to make them that way and really has no impact on the car.
What he said. As I stated above, look at the parts catalogue. The rocker panels are the same for all the F-TYPEs through the "R". Again, if you do get the sideskirts, get the 2015 versions as they don't flare out as much are not paint matched so they don't add visual weight to the car. And why are you working with a dealer in Canada? I see you're in San Juan Capistrano. I'm in Irvine. You've got 4 Jaguar stores within a 50 mile radius of you. Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Carlsbad and San Diego.

2015 Sideskirts:

2016 Sideskirts. Note they are painted to match the car and stick out much more.

The following users liked this post:
Coopersjag (02-19-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Again, if you do get the sideskirts, get the 2015 versions as they don't flare out as much are not paint matched so they don't add visual weight to the car.
Or be like me and get one of each!

Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Does anyone have part numbers for the 2015 versions?
I've looked and looked and looked on the interwebz and nothing!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 PM
Default F type side sills

I found this parts manager to be willing to assist me more than my local dealers. I forwarded your pic with the 2015 F Type R sills mounted to the stock rocker panels. Had I'd known you were local I would have asked to talk to you directly. Anyway, thanks much and if I have issues I'll post. If you are available to help, feel free to send me a contact number to raybo54@aol.com. thanks again

Old 02-14-2017, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier

Cheers,
Dave
Do you have non R AWD side skirts to sell?

Thanks Brian

Old 02-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

Thanks Brian
I believe there are only two versions of the side skirts: pre-2016 and 2016+. They both fit on all versions and years of the F-Type. The early one's are less exaggerated and I think look better on the F-Type. (I actually think the car looks best without any side skirt)

Old 02-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

Thanks Brian
Brian; no, I'm keeping mine. As I said I could take them or leave them (the short ones) as far as looks go but they protect the paint and that's reason enough to leave them on IMO.

Dave

Old 02-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2015 S came with the body kit and I would like to take it off and have it painted black. Does anyone know if the rocker panels has to come off in order to get the side sills off?

Old 02-16-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nglaser
My 2015 S came with the body kit and I would like to take it off and have it painted black. Does anyone know if the rocker panels has to come off in order to get the side sills off?
Unfortunately it looks like it will have to come off. Looks like the sideskirts screws/bolt in from the inside of the rocker panel rather than the outside. Might be cheaper to have a vinyl guy just wrap the skirts in the areas that are visible.

The following users liked this post:
Coopersjag (02-19-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts
Thumbs down

The rocker panels do indeed have to come off first, then the plastic sill can be unscrewed from it.

I wanted to remove both side sills on our car.
Using the service manual, it is relatively easy to remove the Torx screws each end of the rocker panel, and Cross-head rivet screws underneath, peel away the door seal to reveal the other Torx screws that need to be removed....and that's where I got stuck...

No matter how hard I tried, it just seemed that the treadplate which is glued down holds them fast.

I have posed the question on this and UK forums, but no one has been able to give me any pointers in the right direction, which is a shame.

I got them wrapped piano black in situ, but they need to come off to be corrected to my high standards.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Cant help you with that but I had the skirts wrapped in black which gave the car back some of its nice waist. Cost about $150.