F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type sports car is number 1 for the wrong reason

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 07:56 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

There is at least one good achievement from raising artickes like this: It causes such cool responses from fellow posters. No joke, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your replies. Intelligent, spot-on, and a few downright hilariously sarcastic. Nice way to start a Monday, reading this.

And my advice to you Turko is, don't let Peter Akpejeluh's disinformation article get to you. Because that's exactly what Peter wants.

The following users liked this post:
sov211 (02-20-2023)
Old 02-22-2023, 12:53 AM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
Hi guys.
do take a look at this article regarding Jaguar car's. Not good ....
What say you....
https://www.hotcars.com/unreliable-j...xf---7-recalls
The CEO made it his personal goal to improve the reliability of JLR vehicles and succeded with the latest models. It's like a 70% improvement over previous versions according to latest data.

Old 02-26-2023, 10:06 AM
Received 188 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Video .....

Hi Guys,
This well know vlogger (Mark) coincidentally also speaks of the auto article by "Hotcars" regarding Jaguar cars being unreliable, including the F Type sports car.

It's a good video and worth watching.

Old 03-28-2023, 05:49 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

My wife and I have owned several Jags (2015 F-Type S, 2016 F-Type S, 2016 XF 35t Prestige, 2017 XE 35t Prestige, 2018 E-PACE P300 R-Dynamic SE, 2018 F-PACE S, and 2018 F-Type R-Dynamic; as many as five at the same time. All (except the E-PACE) with the V6 and with the odometer showing up to 68,000 miles. The only time we got stranded was in our new XE. The issue was nothing more than a loose connector from the factory. All of the engines smell of coolant leaks without any visible sign of leakage.

Compare our experience to the two Audi Q3s my wife owned. While she was busy purchasing the 2nd Q3 I took the liberty of looking into the service area. There were a number of Q5s in the service area with entire front ends removed and engines on stands. Yikes! Later I had the opportunity to ask a mechanic/technician what the problem was with the engines. His response was routine carbon build-up. The engines needed to be removed when cleaning out the carbon. And the front end needed to be removed in order to remove the engine. However, the latest Audi engines didn't require the front end to be removed. Instead, the engines could be lowered. A friend of ours owns an Audi A4. After 45,000 miles on the odometer he replaced the plastic water pump because it leaked. It's a well-known Audi issue. And who is Audi's parent company? VW. Who is Porsche's parent company? VW. Great German engineering, huh?

Friends of ours owned Cadillacs. After 150,000 miles, they were replacing wheel bearings. The rear suspension of my wife's Cadillac XT4 kept stepping out (jumping sideways) whenever we drove across an expansion strip. I had her get rid of it because, if it did that on a dry and straight road, how unsafe that would be in rain or snow!

The more efficient vehicles have become, the more complexity and tighter the packaging which means that stuff is hidden from view. Unlike decades ago when we could easily see all the coolant hoses in an engine bay we now find the things buried in the most expensive locations.

NewLester de Rocin (03-29-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 08:17 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
The more efficient vehicles have become, the more complexity and tighter the packaging which means that stuff is hidden from view. Unlike decades ago when we could easily see all the coolant hoses in an engine bay we now find the things buried in the most expensive locations.
Yeah, cars are optimised for build efficiency, not maintenance efficiency.

Old 03-28-2023, 09:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just looked at their website and read three pages of Jaguar specific articles that were posted.
They literally had “worst 10 Jaguars to own” and then followed that up with “Best 10 Jaguars to own…many of the same cars on both lists. Seems like a rubbish publication after reading all of the contradictions in multiple articles.

Old 03-29-2023, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
.....The only time we got stranded was in our new XE. The issue was nothing more than a loose connector from the factory. All of the engines smell of coolant leaks without any visible sign of leakage.

And who is Audi's parent company? VW. Who is Porsche's parent company? VW. Great German engineering, huh?

Friends of ours owned Cadillacs. After 150,000 miles, they were replacing wheel bearings. The rear suspension of my wife's Cadillac XT4 kept stepping out (jumping sideways) whenever we drove across an expansion strip.

The more efficient vehicles have become, the more complexity and tighter the packaging which means that stuff is hidden from view. Unlike decades ago when we could easily see all the coolant hoses in an engine bay we now find the things buried in the most expensive locations.,,,,,
Bravo, Ichi Ban, and Well Said!
Just when my Jaguar (the first Jaguar I ever owned in my entire bland life) starts to teach me all the things I never knew about TRUE driving skill and true car engineering,... luxury car companies everywhere take a nose dive into this lousy "modern" car/engine designing. Give customers glitzy computer imagery radar synchro navi light sensing splap that can't efficiently help you park, avoid traffic, notice pedestrians, hear ambulances or properly detect night from day any better than 10 years ago.... and force the mechanics to have to take off and scare up the entire body of your car...just to change a hose clamp.
This is supposed to be fun for us owners?

sov211 (03-31-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 08:15 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
This is supposed to be fun for us owners?
Legislators are banning fun ...

NewLester de Rocin (03-31-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 12:01 PM
Received 135 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by DNAer
I just looked at their website and read three pages of Jaguar specific articles that were posted.
They literally had “worst 10 Jaguars to own” and then followed that up with “Best 10 Jaguars to own…many of the same cars on both lists. Seems like a rubbish publication after reading all of the contradictions in multiple articles.
You guys are over-thinking this. Modern media has slid into a quagmire of "anything to make money." A content writer creates something that he thinks will sell - something divisive, contrary, or inflammatory, with a click-baity title that draws people in. He submits it to a site that decides whether or not it'll make them money, and if so, it's posted. Nowhere is accuracy, honesty, and whether it's been researched considered, it just doesn't matter, since it's all about click-throughs.

The following 2 users liked this post by kb58:
NewLester de Rocin (03-31-2023), sov211 (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 11:52 AM

Well, the F-Type is soon to be a "legacy" machine.

Does Jaguar have plans to replace it with an equivalent new machine?

Old 03-31-2023, 11:54 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Not sure if even they know after all the management changes!