Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting JLR stainless pedals

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Fitting JLR stainless pedals

Anybody done this themselves on an auto ? The brake pedal was easy enough. peel off the stock rubber cover and behold two predrilled holes for the replacement pedal to bolt through. The gas pedal, hmmm doesn't appear to have a cover or anything to remove and I can only conclude that someone has to drill a hole in the plastic pedal for the single bolt that is on the stainless one....

Before I break out the Bob The Builder belt, am I missing something ? Searches for the usual YouTube video or write up have proved elusive and I'm sure I can do it just as well as my dealer.

It's a 2016 Coupe Base and the JLR Part # C2P23554

Old 12-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

I fitted OEM stainless pedal covers to both of my XFs, and as you say the brake pedal is simply a case of removing the existing rubber cover (takes a fair tug to get it off) which then showed two holes already in the metal base for the mounting bolts, piece of cake.
The go pedal however was not so easy.
The metal cover goes straight over the existing rubber pedal cover, and in theory you mark and drill a single mounting hole through the middle of the pedal.
I did this both times but it didn't work, both times the little nut on the back of the mounting bolt did not have enough room to clear the "spine" on the back of the pedal. Possibly because I bought LHD pedal cover sets for RHD cars, but maybe not, as why would the shape of the back of the pedal be different?
So both times I ended up gluing the pedal cover on, the first time using super glue, the second time using Liquid Nails quick grip adhesive. I tried super glue the second time as well but it just didn't take, I don't know why.
With both go pedals they stayed stuck solid for years and never moved at all.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

The pedal kits are handed so RHD and LHD have different gas pedal covers. The LHD version has the threaded rod/bolt in an offset position to clear the pedal back and they will not fit the other-handed cars without modification as Kim found.

To fit the existing brake pedal rubber cover clips off and the new one is used as a template to drill two holes (may or may not be present depending on car) for the threaded rods and then the lot is sandwiched together with locking bolts and washers. The new gas pedal rubber cover mounts over the top of the factory fitted one and for LHD cars you drill the offset hole for the threaded rod and attach as with the brake pedal cover except you add an additional larger washer first.

The official kits should come with instructions.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member

Well my kit didn't contain instructions but it looks like the offset thread does clear the pedal construction. Shame the tack weld of the thread to the stainless steel was sucky, it sheared off when tightening up the nut - no I didn't whoop *** it to 11 with my socket set either.

So I'm trying the superglue first and if that fails, I'll look for the liquid nails ;-)

Old 12-31-2016, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Don't forget to glue the rubber insert to the pedal cover first!

Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Hmm... There doesn't appear to be an existing cover on the loud pedal on mine. Anyone got a picture?

Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

There may be regional differences but can confirm my 2016 NA coupe had a rubber cover on the brake pedal but the go pedal was just plastic for some reason....