F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Queen Tactics and Strategies

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 01:21 AM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Definitely a garage queen. Can't say that i ever did hit rain so far. 5k mi in 4 yrs. And it's devalued as much being undriven as it would have being driven. But i enjoy the new car look and smell when i still get in. ...Sigh.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I hear you. Had a super-low mileage CTS-V I sold with super low miles. That probably added $1k to the selling price.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess I qualify as a "garage queen" too having other cars as daily drivers. I applaud those that use theirs as daily drivers and enjoy it as such.

Like a lot of folks here, I would go through cars like it was nothing; previously owned over 70 vehicles in my lifetime and most were pretty damn fun cars or trucks for various reasons. And most were daily drivers too. But as I get older and planning more for retirement, I made a conscious effort to have that one special car that I could keep and enjoy for years to come (although admittedly I will continue doing my off-road builds and adventures).

So yes, I pamper this baby since I picked it over a new Corvette, Porsche, BMW, or other fourth car to keep in the garage and keep my dusty beer stein collection happy...lol. Smack me in the head if it feels good, but am I happy for the "special" times I drive it.

So my strategy is no rain or snow if I can help it and for sure it doesn't stay out in the NM sun (at over 5000 ft., it's pretty intense).

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-24-2017 at 06:20 PM.