F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Here is some feedback I got from wortec when questioning if their rotors are prone to cracks at the drill site.

info@wortec.co.uk

Our rotors are not susceptible to cracking and for a road/trackday car we would not expect cracking at all. most cracking problems come down to maintenence and setup. hole should always be clear as if not there is build up of heat around the edge of the hole causing stress. set up is also important as too much front brake efficency will cause overheating of the rotor. The best design is the thermal slot where the hole is machined at the bottom of the slot which reduces the heat at the holes edge.
Hope that helps.....

Old 03-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

hello, i would be interested in slotted and drilled set. how much will it cost for a full front and rear set for a 2014 V8 S F-type delivered to 85086, AZ.

The rotors would use the existing same calipers and pads that came with car, correct?
A bit pricey so i want to make sure they will work.

who do i pay and when will they be delivered after that, how long to mfg?
It also seems as there are many options to choose from, how will we know the best option and where do we see all the different option available to us?

Thanks,
Mitchell

Last edited by vettegood; 03-01-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Is it possible to make mine slotted plus drilled. Love that look
Gotta be specific. Round rotor or suncut. Holes on the surface or in the grooves. As Paul mentioned, we need to keep our group buy selection to 2 (3 at most). I suggest that 1 variety be the round rotor with drilled slots and the second be the suncut rotor with drilled slots for performance.

Like this

But shaped like this.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-01-2018 at 09:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Chawumba (03-01-2018), JgaXkr (03-02-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vettegood
hello, i would be interested in slotted and drilled set. how much will it cost for a full front and rear set for a 2014 V8 S F-type delivered to 85086, AZ.

The rotors would use the existing same calipers and pads that came with car, correct?
A bit pricey so i want to make sure they will work.

who do i pay and when will they be delivered after that, how long to mfg?
It also seems as there are many options to choose from, how will we know the best option and where do we see all the different option available to us?

Thanks,
Mitchell
Any pad fabricated to fit the F-Type Super Performance Brakes will work, but the question remains which is best for the desired results (dust vs stopping vs longevity, etc.)

Go to http://www.wortec.co.uk/index.php/rotors-discs and check out the standard rotors and sun cut rotors pages (select from tabs at top of page in brake section).

Pricing and shipping will all be determined after we choose our 2 or 3 selections and provide Paul with ZIP Codes (or other mail codes). If we choose to move forward, the orders are then placed directly with him via email: paul@wortec.co.uk and he will specify how to submit payment

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-01-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:04 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi there

Just to add some more details for people:

- Suncut: Saves about 300g per disc, minor but those wanted maximum weight savings select this option. I personally dislike the suncut style, was something seen on a few Audi's recently. Of course selecting drilled/grooved will save a few more grams too.
- Drilled in grooves, this gives maximum braking performance Paul informed me.
- Just drilled, really is just for looks and is a clean look, no risk of holes fracturing due to the materials Wortec use and the heat/cool process involved.

As I seem to be the only UK buyer and am the organiser of setting up this group buy, I am just going for plain normal style drilled rotors which is not the lightest but I am still saving around 10-15lbs per disc over stock.

Those who go for the suncut, drilled, grooved will be saving a solid 50lbs which is more than ceramics.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

Additional info:
Paul@Wortec
We have not had anyproblems with our rotors cracking..... there are many possible reasons foroverheating the rotor which will cause stress, so just saying holes are a baddesign is wrong. Holes in rotors are there for a reason (heat reduction). Butif the rotor is overheated then the edge of the hole is the first place to beeffected.

suncut rotors are a non cost option at the moment as we are promoting thisdesign.......this will change to a cost option next year (2019) and we wouldexpect a $60 increase.

The suncut edge in the picture is our current design, there is a much moreaggressive option but I would say that is for heavy track use (or just for itslooks)

I have asked him for a pic of the more aggressive design.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205

As I seem to be the only UK buyer and am the organiser of setting up this group buy, I am just going for plain normal style drilled rotors which is not the lightest but I am still saving around 10-15lbs per disc over stock.
OK, there's option #1 for the group buy. I can be flexible based on what others want. I'd prefer drilled & slotted regardless of the rotor design.

For those of you seriously interested, please weigh in with your preferred set of options. Let's lock this down.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
OK, there's option #1 for the group buy. I can be flexible based on what others want. I'd prefer drilled & slotted regardless of the rotor design.

For those of you seriously interested, please weigh in with your preferred set of options. Let's lock this down.
Agreed.

Paul should have the oem rotors next week, ideally we want this locked down by next Friday, we can then all each individually pay our deposits directly with Paul so he can get the ball rolling.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 AM

i would go for the slotted and drilled style. Cost??

Old 03-02-2018, 09:21 AM

The cost is in the OP, the drilled, slotted, suncut are no cost options, the price is the same irrelevant of styling.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Paul will figure that out based on design selected and his inspection of the OEM rotors.
Which rotor design do you want (round, standard suncut, aggressive suncut)?

ROUND

STANDARD SUNCUT

AGGRESIVE SUNCUT

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-02-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 AM

To me suncut looks like a flower and I don't want flowers for brakes but that aggressive style probably saves another 1-2lbs per rotor for those going for maximum weight savings.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Unhinged, to be honest i don't really know what i want!

i am not very knowledgeable about brakes. I just want a brake rotor that is as good as it gets safety wise and longevity and looks really good!
i would be grateful for your or any suggestion.

my first thought would be round grooved and slotted like the picture you have back about 10 posting ago. i have never seen this suncut before what does it look like installed any advantages to this style?

I like things that are different than others have, as well.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Mitchell

Old 03-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Unhinged, to be honest i don't really know what i want!

i am not very knowledgeable about brakes. I just want a brake rotor that is as good as it gets safety wise and longevity and looks really good!

my first thought would be round grooved and slotted like the picture you have back about 10 posting ago. i have never seen this suncut before what does it look like installed any advantages to this style?

I like things that are different than others have, as well.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Mitchell

Quite a few images here:
Photos tagged with #wortec

As I want my car to stop and the pedal feel to be same as OEM I am just going with drilled and round style, this should provide stock levels of braking if not better with nice looks.

I am not sure how suncut impacts braking performance but to me there is less surface area so potentially less braking ability, but saying that Audi do this on some of their performance RS cars, so maybe there is an advantage or they do it because the weight saved helps with braking.

I'd say any style is 100% safe and will offer as good as stock braking, I am just not much for suncut style.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Slotted plus drilled in slots are my preference. 94103. I'm prefectly fine with full circles. I'll let you guys decide on the shape

Old 03-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
To me suncut looks like a flower and I don't want flowers for brakes but that aggressive style probably saves another 1-2lbs per rotor for those going for maximum weight savings.

Hard to really know what the suncuts will really look like until you see it on the car. Aesthetically the round rotors would be the safest, but certainly, the suncuts with holes and/or slots will look better than our current trashcan lids.

I will be asking Paul a few more questions before I know my preference, but the suncut not only cuts more weight, but also offers better rotor cooling.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Hard to really know what the suncuts will really look like until you see it on the car. Aesthetically the round rotors would be the safest, but certainly, the suncuts with holes and/or slots will look better than our current trashcan lids.

I will be asking Paul a few more questions before I know my preference, but the suncut not only cuts more weight, but also offers better rotor cooling.
Cooling aspect I did not know, never a bad thing.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Gibbo, I would like to order a set of disks from Wortec. Shall I contact Paul at Wortec directly?

Old 03-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by F-Type-Type
Hi Gibbo, I would like to order a set of disks from Wortec. Shall I contact Paul at Wortec directly?

Yes mate, are you US or UK based? But either way contact Paul direct and just let him know you've seen this thread that I made.

His genuine disc are ordered, though Jaguar the tight gits made him buy in pairs.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:29 AM

Paul

Just sent me this, a customer who owned a Lambo with ceramics but wanted to convert to steel due to track days, Wortec were able to do him a full conversion with hardly any weight penalty:

So it looks very good for us. Considering our stock steel disc are so damn heavy, the front are 18kg / 38lbs and those who go with the suncuts will probably be under 10kg on the front, practically half the weight.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (03-02-2018)

Quick Reply: Group buy: 2pc wortec rotors for steel super brakes on f-type