Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
I'm interested but is the bore the same on the base V6?

Originally Posted by Foosh
The bore on the base car is the same as other F models. I know this for certain because I just swapped the 18" Velas that came on my car for a set of 20" Gyrodynes that came off an R.
It is my understanding the Bore is different for the Convertible than it is for the Coupe. Can't say for certain within the various models. Maybe Vic knows the answer, or do we have any Jaguar Techs here that can confirm the difference.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I don't think that is the case. The Gyrodynes from an R-Coupe fit my base convertible exactly the same as the Velas, which came on the car. That I am completely certain of, because I did it myself, and did several trial fits on both front and back.

My understanding was the F-Type has a different bore (63.4) than other Jag models (63.3).

Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
It is my understanding the Bore is different for the Convertible than it is for the Coupe. Can't say for certain within the various models. Maybe Vic knows the answer, or do we have any Jaguar Techs here that can confirm the difference.

As Foosh stated, all F types run the 63.4 vs the 63.3.... In my eternal quest for spacers (and the holy grail) I was able to learn this

Old 10-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vic55
As Foosh stated, all F types run the 63.4 vs the 63.3.... In my eternal quest for spacers (and the holy grail) I was able to learn this

OK... why then are the spacers Arden sells for the F-Type convertible not suitable for the Coupe.
http://shop.arden.de/jaguar/jaguar-f...rung-30mm.html

Last edited by aJAGMan; 10-14-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

The standard base wheel on both convertible and coupe is the same 18" Vela. The same 19" and 20" wheels are listed as options for both the convertible and the coupe.

It sounds like Arden published some incorrect info.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Foosh
The standard base wheel on both convertible and coupe is the same 18" Vela. The same 19" and 20" wheels are listed as options for both the convertible and the coupe.

It sounds like Arden published some incorrect info.

That is the impression I am getting. F-Type is different from other Jaguar models, but no difference between Convertible and Coupe.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Banned

so Buick, Foosh and schraderade, are you all interested in getting a set of spacers?

Old 10-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member

so Buick, Foosh and schraderade, are you all interested in getting a set of spacers?

I thought about it, intially, but I'd be crazy to even consider lowering the car considering it travels some sometimes nasty roads in the DC metro area, and I'm also OK with the OEM height. I also think that the offset is about right at OEM ride height, and given the curvature of the fenders, a lot of tire is exposed as it is. I already have a tiny chip on the rocker panel in front of a rear wheel from a tire-launched projectile, so not sure I want more rubber pushed out there.

I did run spacers with no issues on my 08 M3 because I thought it was way too tucked in. I'm sure you'll get enough takers.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 PM

OK... why then are the spacers Arden sells for the F-Type convertible not suitable for the Coupe.
http://shop.arden.de/jaguar/jaguar-f...rung-30mm.html

I really don't know and honestly Im glad they said it wont fit because Adaptec did the right thing for me. If you look at their pictures (arden), it appears there are two different sizes of spacers which may be Vert specific, although they say 30mm per axle. Who knows!!

Last edited by vic55; 10-14-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

IMPORTANT UPDATE: for those that may have been following this discussion with some curiosity or concerns over the fitment of the spacers, the mfg. (Motorsports Tech) just assured me they have all the specs on all these cars. Each set of spacers ordered will be ordered separately, over the phone, with their lead technician, who will ask all the right questions of each customer... to ensure that each of us gets the product made specifically for our vehicle.

They have also clarified that indeed, all F-Types have the same Center Bore spec; and all spacers are delivered with all the mounting hardware included.

Last edited by aJAGMan; 10-14-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

I really don't know and honestly Im glad they said it wont fit because Adaptec did the right thing for me. If you look at their pictures (arden), it appears there are two different sizes of spacers which may be Vert specific, although they say 30mm per axle. Who knows!!
I had noticed. I suspect Arden pasted in a stock photo of some other spacers, and maybe even the specs from another vehicle, without giving it much thought. Their loss. Our gain!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

IMPORTANT UPDATE: for those that may have been following this discussion with some curiosity or concerns over the fitment of the spacers, the mfg. (Motorsports Tech) just assured me they have all the specs on all these cars. Each set of spacers ordered will be ordered separately, over the phone, with their lead technician, who will ask all the right questions of each customer... to ensure that each of us gets the product made specifically for our vehicle.

They have also clarified that indeed, all F-Types have the same Center Bore spec; and all spacers are delivered with all the mounting hardware included.

Glad to have helped.

You might also want to edit your OP, where you still have the difference between coupe and convertible listed. Good luck with the group buy. I may change my mind at some point.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Everybody might as well get one. They make great paper weights if you decide not to use them

Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aJAGMAn -- sent you a message to add me to the list for group buy. Also, has anyone added the spacers without lowering car? I have a long history of lowering with issues as I live in Miami, FL and roads here are not the best with all the construction...

Old 10-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by gleonjr
aJAGMAn -- sent you a message to add me to the list for group buy. Also, has anyone added the spacers without lowering car? I have a long history of lowering with issues as I live in Miami, FL and roads here are not the best with all the construction...

The only springs available (readily) are by velocity ap (see thread here as I was one of the early adopters) and it lowers your car only 8/10ths of an inch which still gives you great function even with less than desirable roads.

If I didnt lower my car I would still get the spacers as the lateral gaps are very obvious along with the vertical ones (tire to fender).

Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

OK, OK, sign me up for a set, and I think that makes 10. For $200, its worth a look, and I can always go back to OEM.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Red face

OK, I'll cave...sign me up.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM

you guys are lucky, I paid 265.00 sign me up again LOL

Old 10-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only springs available (readily) are by velocity ap (see thread here as I was one of the early adopters) and it lowers your car only 8/10ths of an inch which still gives you great function even with less than desirable roads.

If I didnt lower my car I would still get the spacers as the lateral gaps are very obvious along with the vertical ones (tire to fender).
Got it. Thanks to you, I know exactly what my car will look like as I have the same set up....only on an FType S Coupe

Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Please count me in for a set!

kjamo

Quick Reply: Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off