F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off

Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off

Special Thanks to Vic55 for locating a reputable source to manufacture Wheel Spacers especially made for the F-Type Jaguar. In case you missed his thread, this is Vic’s full report about ride and fitment including pictures:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...r-pics-127628/

At present, it would appear that no other source has yet to make a comparable product to fit the F-Type Coupe, so this is a phenomenal opportunity if you’ve ever so much as considered the concept.

Specifications for the F-Type (Coupe or Convertible) are as follows:
  • One Piece Adapter
  • Hub Centric to Vehicle AND Wheel Centric to Wheel
  • 15mm Thickness (Front and Rear)
  • Center Bore: 63.4mm Coupe (or 63.3mm Convertible)
  • Bolt Pattern Diameter: 5 x 108
  • Quantity: 4

Regular Price is $60/spacer, or $240 US for a complete set of 4, PLUS Shipping, and Sales Tax (only if you reside in Nevada).
Shipping estimate: $20 in contiguous US; $55 to Canada; $75 international.
If we can assemble of group of 10 buyers, the fine folks at Motorsport Tech will extend each buyer a 25% discount -- a $60 savings -- reducing the pre-shipped price down to: $180.00 US. This effectively equates to a buy 3… get the 4th spacer Free transaction!

Compare this to specialty outfitter Arden, who charges $608.00 US for a set of 4 - and presently doesn’t even offer spacers to fit the Coupe – and you quickly see how this is such a great deal … a No-Brainer decision.

So our challenge is to assemble 10 or more interested parties… and we might well be 40% of the way there already.I will let this thread circulate for a week or two.Once we are close to or at 10 buyers, I will post details on how to cash in on this most generous offer.
  1. I’ve received one Private Message from an interested member whose handle I have not seen post recently (note: I accidentally deleted your PM so I ask that you kindly weigh in again).
  2. Dremorg: You can order the specs outlined above, or modify your order if you wish, and still qualify for the Group Rate.
  3. Timbo: Yes, they will ship anywhere in the world, even across the pond. You will be responsible for the shipping cost, of course.
  4. aJAGMan: My order makes for 4 thus far.
  5. shift: you're welcome
  6. simonc101: You're in
  7. SandmanTR: count him in as well...
  8. White F15 Cat: No Lug nuts for you
Let’s see how fast we can drive this to ten buyers!!!

All interested parties may reply to this post, or send me a PM if you prefer.
Post any questions you might have as well… If Vic can’t answer, I’ll get accurate details from the mfg. directly.

Ubiquitous Disclaimer: Each buyer will be responsible for the correct fitment for their vehicle and wheel combination. Neither Jaguar Forums.com nor Motorsport Tech assumes any responsibly for the fitness of this product for any particular use. Jaguar Forums.com is not a party to and therefore does not endorse this offer; and I personally have no affiliation with or financial interest in Motorsport Tech, other than an interest to acquire a set of spacers.

Attached Thumbnails Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off-2015ftyper15mmspacer_zps99c67f4b.jpg   Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off-2015ftyperpostspacersrearwheel2_zpsccd85699.jpg  

Last edited by aJAGMan; 10-13-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: update
The following 4 users liked this post by aJAGMan:
schraderade (10-14-2014), shift (10-13-2014), swajames (10-14-2014), vic55 (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Me! Thanks for setting this up.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in please.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Can I get a retro discount LOL.....

Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Count me in for def, just bare in mind im away for 2 weeks from sunday, coming to your neck of the woods!!

Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by simonc101
Count me in please.
Are you to member who sent me the Private Message which I unintentionally deleted?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Default Wheel Spacers

I'm in for sure.

Thank you!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Question Quick couple of questions...?

a) what will this look like if you decide not to do the spring drop and b) will it void the warranty...?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
a) what will this look like if you decide not to do the spring drop and b) will it void the warranty...?
won't void the warranty unless it's wheel related. so if your A/C breaks, nothing to do with wheels. Even if it's wheel related, Jaguar would need to show that it was caused by the spacer.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
won't void the warranty unless it's wheel related. so if your A/C breaks, nothing to do with wheels. Even if it's wheel related, Jaguar would need to show that it was caused by the spacer...
Fair enough...am I to assume that this is not a direct bolt-on modification until the stock lug studs ends are massaged a bit...correct?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Default Spacers

Does this include the additional lugnuts? If not anybody know where to get or how much for an additional set?

Obviously Vic has quite a stable of fine automobiles, and probably some excellent wheel/ mod shops in his area, my only concern is the shaving off the studs, not in the sense that it is an issue but finding a shop capable of doing this work correctly. Anybody have any additional insight on this?

Thank you

Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Banned

Fair enough...am I to assume that this is not a direct bolt-on modification until the stock lug studs ends are massaged a bit...correct?

I'll ask Vic55 to clarify, but I suspect his shop "massaged" the ends of the OEM studs with a hand-held rotary grinder. Could not have taken more than a minute or two per wheel.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by White F15 Cat
Does this include the additional lugnuts? If not anybody know where to get or how much for an additional set?

Obviously Vic has quite a stable of fine automobiles, and probably some excellent wheel/ mod shops in his area, my only concern is the shaving off the studs, not in the sense that it is an issue but finding a shop capable of doing this work correctly. Anybody have any additional insight on this?

Thank you
Great question. I'll obtain clarification on this point and report back.

The following users liked this post:
White F15 Cat (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by White F15 Cat

Thank you
Originally Posted by aJAGMan
I'll ask Vic55 to clarify, but I suspect his shop "massaged" the ends of the OEM studs with a hand-held rotary grinder. Could not have taken more than a minute or two per wheel.

Ill clarify: When you order these spacers the bolts that attach the spacers to the hub are provided. The spacer then has its own studs which the oem wheels will mount to. Now I did mention in my thread that the oem studs that are mounted with the adaptec bolts will hit the back of the oem wheels barely. This happens because we are only using 15mm spacers so the excess amount of the studs carries over and hits the rear back pad openings of the wheels (barely). The amount of distance is only a few mm's and this distance is NOT part of the oem threaded part of the studs. You will see when you take your wheels off that the studs have about 5-7mm of metal exceeding the threads on each stud. My shop tech used a drill rotary blade, as aJAGMan alluded to, and cut off this knob or unusable part. This allowed to the wheel to connect wheel centric with the spacer which is also connected hub centric.

This sounds like a lot but it really wasn't. We pulled off the wheels, mounted one side of the spacers and checked the wheels. This took about 15 minutes all in and we realized we need to shave the studs and thankfully not the threads but the unusable portion. Each corner, to shave, takes about 10 minutes and then the wheels mate up perfectly with the spacers. I have since driven the car about 50 miles and up down the mph spectrum with no steering wheel vibrations or issues.

Last edited by vic55; 10-13-2014 at 07:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by vic55:
schraderade (10-14-2014), shift (10-13-2014), White F15 Cat (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vic55
Ill clarify: When you order these spacers the bolts that attach the spacers to the hub are provided. The spacer then has its own studs which the oem wheels will mount to.

This took about 15 minutes all in and we realized we need to shave the studs and thankfully not the threads but the unusable portion. Each corner, to shave, takes about 10 minutes and then the wheels mate up perfectly with the spacers. I have since driven the car about 50 miles and up down the mph spectrum with no steering wheel vibrations or issues.
So to answer the question from White F15 Cat, the OEM lug nuts are then used to mount the wheels to the new studs included with the Spacers?

No additional parts need to be purchased?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 PM

So to answer the question from White F15 Cat, the OEM lug nuts are then used to mount the wheels to the new studs included with the Spacers?

No additional parts need to be purchased?

I would make sure they are including 20 bolts to mount the adapters to the hub (I did ask him when ordering and he said he provides). And then yes, your oem bolts mount your oem wheels to the spacer/adapter.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vic55
I would make sure they are including 20 bolts to mount the adapters to the hub (I did ask him when ordering and he said he provides). And then yes, your oem bolts mount your oem wheels to the spacer/adapter.
Are you confusing your bolts with your nuts?
Lol

Old 10-14-2014, 12:19 AM

Are you confusing your bolts with your nuts?
Lol

LOL Semantics

Old 10-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm interested but is the bore the same on the base V6?

Old 10-14-2014, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
I'm interested but is the bore the same on the base V6?
The bore on the base car is the same as other F models. I know this for certain because I just swapped the 18" Velas that came on my car for a set of 20" Gyrodynes that came off an R.

The following users liked this post:
schraderade (10-14-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Group discount: Custom Wheel Spacers/Adapters for F-Type @ 25% off