Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello F-typers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 02:07 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
Looks incredible. Great choice. I do like that colour. There's lots of videos and pics out there in variable light. Despite never seeing one in person I wouldn't be afraid to order this colour if I decided on that direction.
As for fear of a crash with Sorrento Yellow. As he mentioned that is a completely flat paint. They would be able to match that perfectly. It's the metallics you have to worry about...Anything flat is dead easy...
its non-metallic, not flat. However, you can get it in flat, satin actually, or gloss. But yes, metallics are difficult to match and blend. IMO, Sorrento Yellow shouldn't be a premium, especially one of the higher end premium colors. It's the only non metallic premium color. It's really just good old yellow.

Old 01-31-2023, 02:55 PM
Cgo

Giola Green is gorgeous the more I look at it especially with dark accents. If I had waited, I would have ordered it for sure. Won't see many if any around town since the F type is already rare.

The following users liked this post:
2015 XJR L (02-24-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 04:46 PM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
its non-metallic, not flat. However, you can get it in flat, satin actually, or gloss. But yes, metallics are difficult to match and blend. IMO, Sorrento Yellow shouldn't be a premium, especially one of the higher end premium colors. It's the only non metallic premium color. It's really just good old yellow.
Could just be a terminology mismatch here. My wife drives a white Toyota with a gloss finish. We had it fixed due to an accident and the company that did the work called it flat white because it had no metallic in it. He said that it would be a perfect match because there was no flake in the paint at all, and just glossed.

That’s what I meant, wrong or right. I think for your paint my collision guy would have said the same thing.

Old 01-31-2023, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
Giola Green is gorgeous the more I look at it especially with dark accents. If I had waited, I would have ordered it for sure. Won't see many if any around town since the F type is already rare.

It’s amazing how different the colour looks in different lights. Seeing the picture you posted here makes it look a little too bluey greeny for my liking, but I like the look of it in most pictures and lighting.

Old 01-31-2023, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,284 Likes on 884 Posts

It also seems that the colours settle down after a while. My car is IRR which pops, my missus' XE is Firenze which is the same formulation but when it arrived it looked completely different, much more purple especially in the sun, you would have sworn they were different colours. Now 3 years on, they look pretty much the same. If they had a paint correction it might brighten them up again.

Old 02-01-2023, 08:59 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

It’s amazing how different the colour looks in different lights. Seeing the picture you posted here makes it look a little too bluey greeny for my liking, but I like the look of it in most pictures and lighting.
Interesting. That looks very different from the photo that I posted from the Jaguar website. I would definitely want to see it in person before ordering it. One member posted a photo of his F Type that he had wrapped in a satin silver-gray color. I actually liked it, it made the car look very much like a modern fighter jet or something.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

The BRG color looks quite different in different lights.
Sometimes looks almost blue rather than green.

Old 02-01-2023, 03:28 PM

Yeah, for some reason it likes to give drastically different vibes in different contexts for sure. For instance, in this vid it gives the greeny grey vibes I would hope for:

Old 02-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, for some reason it likes to give drastically different vibes in different contexts for sure. For instance, in this vid it gives the greeny grey vibes I would hope for:

https://youtu.be/_J4fkhFHhGM
It's really gorgeous. The F-Type will likely look different than the big slab sides of the Range Rover. It's a beautiful color.

Someone above mentioned that the F-Type is a classic beauty that should be had in a classic color. I tend to disagree. If you look for a used one they are all either black, white or silver, with the occasional red thrown in. A classic beauty of a car in a stunning, non standard factory color? Yes please. It will stand out in the best way.

Old 02-01-2023, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sovande
It's really gorgeous. The F-Type will likely look different than the big slab sides of the Range Rover. It's a beautiful color.

Someone above mentioned that the F-Type is a classic beauty that should be had in a classic color. I tend to disagree. If you look for a used one they are all either black, white or silver, with the occasional red thrown in. A classic beauty of a car in a stunning, non standard factory color? Yes please. It will stand out in the best way.
Yeah, definitely a fine choice to go classic as well I think, but I agree that it’s not a hard and fast rule ;-0

My gut is definitely telling me that this Giola colour would make for a special unique build.

Old 02-14-2023, 11:19 PM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, definitely a fine choice to go classic as well I think, but I agree that it’s not a hard and fast rule ;-0

My gut is definitely telling me that this Giola colour would make for a special unique build.
I wish there were more colour options that popped. I visited the dealer and took a look at the paint samples. British Racing Green, although very pretty if you can get the light angled right for it to shine, was too dark for me so I'm also going for Giola Green and black wheels. I'm a fellow Ontarian

Old 02-15-2023, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by PotholeAvenger
I wish there were more colour options that popped. I visited the dealer and took a look at the paint samples. British Racing Green, although very pretty if you can get the light angled right for it to shine, was too dark for me so I'm also going for Giola Green and black wheels. I'm a fellow Ontarian
Yeah, I would have to agree that they really have some more low key colour options available. It's pretty sad when Giola Green is my "wild option" ;-)

Do you actually have an allocation yet, or are you like me and just on a list for one? To my knowledge no dealers have allocations yet, at least in Canada?

I think I like the Giola green as something different. I'm also considering the Carpathian Grey. A bit boring, but I really like it on that car. I'm pretty much down to these 2 colours at this point. Full extended leather black interior with the Giola, probably something different with the Carpathian Grey.

Old 02-15-2023, 03:38 PM

I put a request into the dealer to let me know if and when they get ANY vehicle in with the Giola Green. I really do need to see it on a vehicle in person. He said he may have a RR Sport with it by March.

Old 02-15-2023, 03:44 PM

I find this videos shows really well how nice the carpathian grey is on the f-type...My opinion of course...I really do like it...I'm super partial to it, as it reminds me quite a bit of the look of the "Meteorite Silver" and dark wheels on my buddy's Vantage. His car looks incredible, so I know this is influencing my thoughts around Carpathian Grey:

Old 02-16-2023, 10:54 PM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a request into the dealer to let me know if and when they get ANY vehicle in with the Giola Green. I really do need to see it on a vehicle in person. He said he may have a RR Sport with it by March.
If you're in the GTA and you find any car in Giola Green let me know because I would like to check out the paint on an actual car.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:16 AM

If you're in the GTA and you find any car in Giola Green let me know because I would like to check out the paint on an actual car.
Hey man, I'm actually in the Ottawa area. In a larger market like the GTA, I have no doubt you'll see something come in soon. Seems like a pretty popular color on those Range Rovers.

Old 02-22-2023, 10:04 PM
Cgo

Hey OP, you order one yet?

Old 02-23-2023, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cgo
Hey OP, you order one yet?
Still waiting for an allocation. I'm on a small list.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:06 AM

To be honest, it buys me a bit more time to see a Giola Green vehicle in person before placing the order

Old 03-19-2023, 11:54 AM

For anyone interested, here is a snapshot of an actual F-type with the Giola green colour on it from a recent YouTube video:

Quick Reply: Hello F-typers