F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello F-typers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Hello F-typers

New in town, and just saying a hello to all you F-type loyalists ;-) Been reading on the forum for a while now and figured it was time to join.
I'm 99% in the direction of purchasing a 2024 F-type R myself. Just trying to get my conservative brain over the line ;-)

This car has been on my list of "cars of interest" for years. My interest in this car has never waned since it first came out, and of the cars I could consider in my general price range I feel that it ticks the most boxes for me, is the car for me, etc...That's what the emotions are saying anyway...

My first thought was going Giola Green with all black interior and black wheels, but I find I'm bad at visualizing these types of things. It would be nice to find an F-type in this colour on YouTube to help validate my thoughts, but I think it's a bit early to find something like that out there. I've seen it on some Range Rovers and whatnot on some vids and it seems quite nice.

What do you guys think about this colour combo? Any thoughts? Would definitely be different I think, and I don't think it would be too offensive or anything ;-) In the end I'll probably go with one of the greys, but my "wild side" (haha) is saying Giola green...At least with the limited choices that seem to be on the builder in Canada and the US.

Anyone happen to know if any of the more expensive SVO colours might be available for order despite not being present on the website's builder?

In any case, hello again, and lookin' forward hanging out and chatting.

Cheers

Old 01-28-2023, 02:07 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 1,090 Posts

There is no colour that stops the F-Type being gorgeous, they all look great. Of course, some are greater than others, but that's a personal choice.

Old 01-28-2023, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by scm
There is no colour that stops the F-Type being gorgeous, they all look great. Of course, some are greater than others, but that's a personal choice.
Oh, I would have to agree. I was merely looking for impressions from others out of curiosity, how the colour is received by others on the F-type given that it is new, etc...That's all...

The only other thing I would say, and this is of course my opinion only: I think this is true of most cars, but I find with some colours that the lines of the vehicle can become a bit lost in the mix...Which is almost a crime with the F-type ;-)

The following users liked this post:
scm (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,284 Likes on 884 Posts

I really like the new shape in darker colours. I saw one in the dark blue with black pack, when it was on the road with the running lights setting everything off it was a very exotic looking car, in fact I didnt know what it was at first. I think it would look fantastic in the Giola green, black pack, and black or gunmetal grey wheels. But then if I was buying a new f type I wouldnt option up the wheels and I was replace them in short order with forged of my choice, it really benefits from the lighter rims, and a change from P zeros.

Old 01-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

I believe you meant to say - “F-typists” - indeed, the car looks good in just about any color. I generally like to get all options when buying a car so I don’t have make a list of what it doesn’t have when it’s time to sell, but I would really have to love a color to spend an extra $10k on it.

Old 01-28-2023, 03:22 PM
rbr
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

That's a nice colour. If new for '24, you would see VERY few others, F-types being thin on the ground anyway. Get the R!

Old 01-28-2023, 03:39 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by gg2684
I believe you meant to say - “F-typists”
I thought that was what computer companies said when they developed word processors.

The following 2 users liked this post by scm:
2015 XJR L (02-24-2023), Carbuff2 (01-28-2023)

Trending Topics

Old 01-28-2023, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I really like the new shape in darker colours. I saw one in the dark blue with black pack, when it was on the road with the running lights setting everything off it was a very exotic looking car, in fact I didnt know what it was at first. I think it would look fantastic in the Giola green, black pack, and black or gunmetal grey wheels. But then if I was buying a new f type I wouldnt option up the wheels and I was replace them in short order with forged of my choice, it really benefits from the lighter rims, and a change from P zeros.
Now that you mention it, that blue does looks pretty good. I figured I would option the wheels up to black ones that I actually like. It’s only 500 Cnd dollars more (375 USD). Then later if I wanted to change them I’m not out a ton, have the original wheels etc…That was my thinking…

Thanks for your thoughts on the Giola green. I think it could be a good option.

Old 01-28-2023, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by gg2684
I believe you meant to say - “F-typists” - indeed, the car looks good in just about any color. I generally like to get all options when buying a car so I don’t have make a list of what it doesn’t have when it’s time to sell, but I would really have to love a color to spend an extra $10k on it.
I guess I was making up the rules as I went ;-0

I think the solid design language supersedes colour for sure. It really is a timeless design in my opinion.

As for the crazy prices on some of the paint options. Yeah, there are limits on that for me as well. At a certain point it gets pretty crazy. Good for the manufacturer though. Pure profit I would think.

On this point, I was able to answer my own question about whether or not the SVO paint palette is available despite not being indicated on the builder. It seems like they are, but at much higher pricing compared to 2023. I just used one of those paid services where you can check to see how much money the dealer is making on the car. It showed that the options are available for 2024, at least in Canada. It also seemed to indicate that the Meridian audio can be upgraded for 2024 as well, despite that option not showing on the Canadian website’s builder.

Old 01-28-2023, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by rbr
That's a nice colour. If new for '24, you would see VERY few others, F-types being thin on the ground anyway. Get the R!
Oh I’m spring for the R. That is not in doubt. Unless everyone orders Giola Green for 2024 I think you’re right! ;-0

Old 01-28-2023, 06:24 PM
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
Oh, I would have to agree. I was merely looking for impressions from others out of curiosity, how the colour is received by others on the F-type given that it is new, etc...That's all...

The only other thing I would say, and this is of course my opinion only: I think this is true of most cars, but I find with some colours that the lines of the vehicle can become a bit lost in the mix...Which is almost a crime with the F-type ;-)
As someone with black wheels, I would suggest against them. The black color hides the details, looks dirty quickly and was a trend that should have ended years ago. When spring rolls around I'll be having my wheels powder coated a lighter color to highlight the details. Now they basically look like voids, which is pretty boring, in my opinion. My car is silver with the black pack exterior treatment on the vents and trim.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sovande
As someone with black wheels, I would suggest against them. The black color hides the details, looks dirty quickly and was a trend that should have ended years ago. When spring rolls around I'll be having my wheels powder coated a lighter color to highlight the details. Now they basically look like voids, which is pretty boring, in my opinion. My car is silver with the black pack exterior treatment on the vents and trim.
Yeah, I suppose this is another example of something that is very individual. Ever since I saw the crazy matte black HRE wheels that my buddy has installed on his 2009 Aston Martin Vantage I fell in love. I prefer a dark wheel usually, but it does depend on the color of the car. I personally like both depending on the situation.

I think you are right though. I have seen more than a few comments out there saying similar things to you. It is a trend that seems to be falling out of favour.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I suppose this is another example of something that is very individual. Ever since I saw the crazy matte black HRE wheels that my buddy has installed on his 2009 Aston Martin Vantage I fell in love. I prefer a dark wheel usually, but it does depend on the color of the car. I personally like both depending on the situation.

I think you are right though. I have seen more than a few comments out there saying similar things to you. It is a trend that seems to be falling out of favour.
I don't think they look bad, per se, I just don't find it very interesting. I definitely don't like matte black anything on cars. Different strokes!

As everyone else has said, it won't matter - it's a beautiful car however you choose to spec it. And choosing an actual color like green is the best way to go.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,284 Likes on 884 Posts

I get gunmetal grey satin in mine, I really like the look, it doesnt show dirt and doesnt have the blockout effect of some black wheels where it makes the wheel look like a big black blob. In vorsteiner rims they call it carbon graphite, but it is just gunmetal grey. I put it on the mustang as well, but Koya rims on it.

Sovande (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I get gunmetal grey satin in mine, I really like the look, it doesnt show dirt and doesnt have the blockout effect of some black wheels where it makes the wheel look like a big black blob. In vorsteiner rims they call it carbon graphite, but it is just gunmetal grey. I put it on the mustang as well, but Koya rims on it.
That's what I had on my old car and likely what I will go with on these wheels as well.

BruceTheQuail (01-28-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 05:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please check your PMs

I think we may know one another.

Old 01-29-2023, 08:42 AM
Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

As my anti-Harley friends would say, "Chrome don't get you home".
I have mixed feelings about my wheels being chrome (previous owners' doing, who I believe drove much like Magoo).

Old 01-29-2023, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you guys think about this colour combo? Any thoughts? Would definitely be different I think, and I don't think it would be too offensive or anything ;-) In the end I'll probably go with one of the greys, but my "wild side" (haha) is saying Giola green...At least with the limited choices that seem to be on the builder in Canada and the US.
The F-Type is a classic beauty, so I suggest selecting a color that isn't trendy. You're buying the final generation of F-Type, so I'm assuming this is one you'll want to savor for a long time.

Personally, I'd stay away from the matte colors. And if you like green, I'd give a hard look to British Racing Green because it's such a classic (and striking) look.

That said, you won't make a mistake. Those colors all look fantastic, and we'll all be happy to have you as an owner!

Old 01-29-2023, 09:11 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

You can go to the Jaguar website, choose the "Build Your own" feature and then configure the car in Giola Green with black wheels. It will then show the car from several angles with that combination and give you a pretty fair representation of the actual product.

Since F Types aren't very common, I saved the photos of my car configured the way I had ordered it so I would have something to dream about while I waited several months for delivery. One thing I have to say about the 2024 models is that I don't like the Black Pack as being standard with no options. It looks good in some colors like yellow for example but I prefer chrome or bright trim with others. My 2021 F Type is BRG with the standard chrome trim and it is just enough bling for me.

Here's Giola Green w/black wheels from the Jag website so you can see what I am referring to

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 01-29-2023 at 09:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dwight Frye:
2015 XJR L (02-24-2023), IndusType2023 (04-01-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sovande
I don't think they look bad, per se, I just don't find it very interesting. I definitely don't like matte black anything on cars. Different strokes!

As everyone else has said, it won't matter - it's a beautiful car however you choose to spec it. And choosing an actual color like green is the best way to go.
I totally get what you are saying. I'm not into matte paints on vehicles but I do like some well placed matte black accents and wheels, some bits of carbon etc...Totally dependent on the car and colour though...My friend's used Aston Martin has these type of wheels and accents. I personally think it just looks killer with the dark grey/silver paint on the car...I think the colour in the Aston Martin world is called "Meteorite Silver". I find with that particular colour bits of matte black here and there work well.

As you say, different strokes.

Quick Reply: Hello F-typers