F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I access the set up menu

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How do I access the set up menu

Hey guys I've had the car for five days now and today I finely had an hour to sit in the car and play with the nav and music etc..

The question I have is while I was at the dealership, someone was explaining all the stuff to me but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention or was too excited to drive the car but anyways I swear he brought up the menu which had to do with global settings such as lighting, doors and etc.. how do I access this again or is it only a dealer thing and once they set it up you can't have access to it anymore?

Also I played with the camer settings a bit and check marked the lines and the little square thingies but lost the beeping sound along the way. Now the car is silent as I approach a curb with the parking assist on which sucks and kinda frightening.

Any help would be appreciated. I come from a BMW and the I Drive was so user intuitive but the car itself was never as much fun.

Cheers...

Last edited by Ali Shiralian; 04-24-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Welcome to the Jaguar. The lots of fun come at a cost of ancient infotainment or driver interface. You should shut off the engine and then navigate through the required menu. Especially for oil check you need to keep the engine off and car leveled in order to measure right.

Last edited by JagAlb; 04-24-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:15 PM

Ok I just did what you said but nothing came up. Pressed the menu bottom on the steering wheel and the only thing that comes up is the trip adjustment nothing else.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Try the little gear wheel icon in the bottom left of the button set on the infotainment cluster...

Old 04-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian
Ok I just did what you said but nothing came up. Pressed the menu bottom on the steering wheel and the only thing that comes up is the trip adjustment nothing else.
Usually I have to press the Menu button a few times before the menu pops up (in the screen between the speedo and the tacho).

Old 04-24-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Usually I have to press the Menu button a few times before the menu pops up (in the screen between the speedo and the tacho).
Ok thanks I haven't tried to hit it more than once, I'll try pushing it repeatedly to get to the other menu

Old 04-24-2017, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

With the ignition on (engine off), press the menu button, then use the up/down arrows to get to submenus. Once in the right submenu, scroll right arrow to see options. To exit out of menu press the left arrow enough times to back out of all the levels. The oil level will not show anything if the engine has bee run in the last 10-15 minutes.

The following users liked this post:
JagAlb (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
With the ignition on (engine off), press the menu button, then use the up/down arrows to get to submenus. Once in the right submenu, scroll right arrow to see options. To exit out of menu press the left arrow enough times to back out of all the levels. The oil level will not show anything if the engine has bee run in the last 10-15 minutes.
I've done exactly that Unhinged but the only thing that comes up is the trip computer and nothing else. I'll try pressing it a few times tomorrow to see if anything else comes up. I may have to read the dreaded manual