Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inspection Day...!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up Inspection Day...!

Lease end inspection by 3rd party AutoVIN (1-5pm window) should be the absolute easiest inspection this person has ever done...a "no mark" never in the rain 7554 mile example will have this guy scratching his head just trying to find any flaws.

Washed her this morning and removed all of my personal stuff as well as any accessories I added, the car doesn't go back until 10/24 so sometime after that, I'll gather a list of what I have, Sto 'N Sho plate holder, plate frame, sun visor, valve stem caps, pens, and probably a few books.

She's been a fun ride and I will miss it but the end is drawing near...

I always drive with thin black towels over my mats in all my cars so these are pristine as new:

It was nearly impossible trying to keep these cirrus (ie: White) alcantara seats clean but we did and my next car will have red seats,lol.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member

Came and went, nice guy from San Jose, been doing this for 10 years and he said this by far hands down was the cleanest car he's ever inspected,lol...he couldn't believe the engine compartment or the boot.

He told me don't go back to the dealer after I drop it, said it'd break my heart and make me cry.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:28 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Depending on the deal you obtained at assumption, have you checked to see if there is any equity now (your Audi dealer, CarMax)?

So with JLR, a 3rd party completes the lease inspection, not dealers? Obvious your car is immaculate, but were there any specific areas you found the inspector focusing on more than others?

BTW, I've seen you over on AudiWorld regarding your ordered (A5/S5?) SB. I want my wife to take a look at one, but waiting for the black optics package, Manhattan Grey, and probably the RS5 SB

Old 09-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm trying to steer my wife into an S4//S5 SB to replace her RR when that comes due in a few months as well. She loves all of the tech and the quilted seats but doesn't want to give up on the ride height of an SUV.

Let me know how you make out.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
I'm trying to steer my wife into an S4//S5 SB to replace her RR when that comes due in a few months as well. She loves all of the tech and the quilted seats but doesn't want to give up on the ride height of an SUV.

Let me know how you make out.
Yeah, I would like to stop this SUV cycle with her. This would be replacing her X5 next year this time once the warranty expires. She loves the hatch and utility, although I could probably count on one hand how many times she has actually taken advantage of the room--and she's been through several X5/X3 over the years. And our German Shepherd just loves us too much to be regulated to the rear, that he insists on being in the second row lol.

Although I would be lying if didn't say I'm curious about the upcoming X3M.
And I would give my left...if Audi decided to bring over the RS4 Avant, but I guess that's where the RS5 SB comes in for us Americans.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 563 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
She's been a fun ride and I will miss it but the end is drawing near...
As a fellow early adopter and active contributor to the community, you'll be missed! I can only say you make be glad I bought instead of leased; I'm not ready to that moment of departure. In a couple of years, we'll hope to see you around again.

Last edited by uncheel; 09-27-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kief
Yeah, I would like to stop this SUV cycle with her. This would be replacing her X5 next year this time once the warranty expires. She loves the hatch and utility, although I could probably count on one hand how many times she has actually taken advantage of the room--and she's been through several X5/X3 over the years. And our German Shepherd just loves us too much to be regulated to the rear, that he insists on being in the second row lol.

Although I would be lying if didn't say I'm curious about the upcoming X3M.
And I would give my left...if Audi decided to bring over the RS4 Avant, but I guess that's where the RS5 SB comes in for us Americans.
We never need the space, no kids and our 2 dogs total less than 20lbs. We had an X3 before the RR and I absolutely hated that car, but she loves BMW and would go back to that in a second.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kief
Depending on the deal you obtained at assumption, have you checked to see if there is any equity now (your Audi dealer, CarMax)?

So with JLR, a 3rd party completes the lease inspection, not dealers? Obvious your car is immaculate, but were there any specific areas you found the inspector focusing on more than others?

BTW, I've seen you over on AudiWorld regarding your ordered (A5/S5?) SB. I want my wife to take a look at one, but waiting for the black optics package, Manhattan Grey, and probably the RS5 SB...
In the past, I've always profited from my leased cars but having a hard time finding any takers for this car...will keep working angles to see what I can do.
I haven't contacted the local dealer yet about turn-in, although I didn't lease it from them, they would have first crack at obtaining the car if I drop it there...so if I run out of avenues, I may pursue that.

I believe the P/O is $45,500.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 AM

In the past, I've always profited from my leased cars but having a hard time finding any takers for this car...will keep working angles to see what I can do.
I haven't contacted the local dealer yet about turn-in, although I didn't lease it from them, they would have first crack at obtaining the car if I drop it there...so if I run out of avenues, I may pursue that.

I believe the P/O is $45,500.
It looks like 2015 bases are being advertised in the high 40s - low 50s. Who knows what actual transaction prices are but you're looking in pretty good shape to make a few dollars

buickfunnycar.com (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
It looks like 2015 bases are being advertised in the high 40s - low 50s. Who knows what actual transaction prices are but you're looking in pretty good shape to make a few dollars..
BTW, this isn't my least mileage for a 3-year lease, I worked for Honda in 2000 and leased an Electron Blue Pearl 5-speed Civic SI, that color was exclusive to that model and then later on the CRV but it didn't look the same to me...I had 4006 miles at the end and had a buyer drive from NM with a trailer to pick it up.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Well, tell the truth, which would you rather drive? A F-Type, or a Buick Funny Car? Of course the F-Type won't get many miles - it's the grocery-getter in this family ;-))))

buickfunnycar.com (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FullChat
Well, tell the truth, which would you rather drive? A F-Type, or a Buick Funny Car? Of course the F-Type won't get many miles - it's the grocery-getter in this family ;-))))
Motor is still being constructed as we speak but when we finally do make some noise, it'll be an ear-splitting, eyes watering affair...that's for sure.

Here's what she looked like in 1967...trying to recreate this time capsule:

Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

motor is still being constructed as we speak but when we finally do make some noise, it'll be an ear-splitting, eyes watering affair...that's for sure.

Here's what she looked like in 1967...trying to recreate this time capsule:

oooooh...sweeeet!

buickfunnycar.com (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Car original ran a best of 7.79 @ 191mph in 1969 on a 35% load of nitro, we'll be pushing 80-85% now, should supply a good flame front and lots of noise.