F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Fishbits' "too many threads" day! What would it take to flip this car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
If I applied a sticker for each of the mods, my whole car would be covered..,VAP, Mina, Eurotoys, Wortec, 4H Tech, ESE, etc. The Unhingd cling summarizes it all. I’ll be keeping my eye on you, Dave!
The grocery getters married petrol heads and got silly:

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Dan_NL (05-10-2018), RickyJay52 (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

It could be worse.

Attached Thumbnails It's Fishbits' "too many threads" day! What would it take to flip this car?-top_gear_britcar_4.jpg  
Old 05-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,659 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
It could be worse.
A KY product?

Old 05-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

A KY product?
You really are Unhingd. You know that, right?

Old 05-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (05-04-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
Old 05-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

A KY product?
Or an old Jeremy Clarkson paint job. Well maybe not so old.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sparky fuze
Love the 'oh I've gotta gotta picture of this' move at the end.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sparky fuze
Dumb luck.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Dumb luck.
And I think he's walking a bit funny because he needs to change his pants. Should have worn the brown pants!

Mbourne (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

That photographer went to the Cool hand Luke School of Photography.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Barb... the Deadpool joke reference has made me happy.

Jaguny... still, no man can eat 50 eggs.

Unless we have a failure to communicate?

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
jaguny (05-09-2018), PBBarb (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Barb... the Deadpool joke reference has made me happy.

Jaguny... still, no man can eat 50 eggs.

Unless we have a failure to communicate?

I wondered if anyone would recognize it. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to pre-purchase tickets to see the second in that first week or just wait until the 2nd week. Not as worried about spoilers on it as I was Avengers.

I still get sick to my stomach thinking of that many eggs.

And y'all, please call me Tina. PBBarb is part of an old handle from a local BBS way too many years ago that just kind of stuck.

Uncle Fishbits (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
I wondered if anyone would recognize it. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to pre-purchase tickets to see the second in that first week or just wait until the 2nd week. Not as worried about spoilers on it as I was Avengers.

I still get sick to my stomach thinking of that many eggs.

And y'all, please call me Tina. PBBarb is part of an old handle from a local BBS way too many years ago that just kind of stuck.
So funny. Outing myself as both a comic nut since Claremont's run in the early 80's with XMEN, and I've 1st printings of when Cable, Domino, and Deadpool all appeared in a few X-Force. Seeing Reynolds carry the torch for Deadpool for a decade (he was told he was like DP in his role in Blade 3, and the only reason he was able to crack jokes and ad-lib because Snipes wouldn't come out of his trailer to reshoot scenes... it's a great story of how long this was waiting in the wings).....

Shocked how well Infinity War was handled. I still wish the motivation was Thanos' desire for Death's love, because that literally ties into the fact that Death loves Deadpool. Still not sure why they wouldn't do it.... but again, we're in the comic book weeds of the original Infinity Gauntlet.

But the Beckham video out today was also a treat! https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...zinger-1110633

Their marketing has been so on point, I don't care if the movies are bad as long as they keep up all this hilarious stuff going! =)

But I was also online and on BBS in the late 80s! I'm not that old, just an early adopter. =) Cheers to old handles. Fishbits is obviously one of those. =)

Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 PM

I read a bunch of them, but I never collected any (my one "graphic novel" that I collected was I, Lusiphur/Poison Elves). Except for Batman, I always preferred Marvel over DC. Reynolds was born to play DP! I had heard over the years that he was trying to get it made. Honestly, I'm kind of glad it didn't get made until it did because it would have probably been pretty bad before the good movies started getting made.

IW was done really well. I know the basics of what happened in the comics, and Death and all - I actually thought they were going to kind of combine Hela with Death and I'm glad it didn't happen. I'll be interested to see if Nebula's story follows the comics going forward.

Ok, I'm still at work, but when I get home I'll watch the video.

Oh, my BBS days were in the early 90s, and I guess I am that old. Amazing what all we have in common! If only we weren't on opposite sides of the country! My husband says he won't take me to California because I'll never come home.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
My husband says he won't take me to California because I'll never come home.
My wife came out from DC in early 2000's with a guitar on her back, saw Big Sur, and that ended it for her, too. It's an intoxicating place.

I've been very quiet lately on the boards because a) the shop won't give me my car back and I am grumpy (lol... diagnosing a vexing problem), and b) I am a few weeks from opening a new hotel in San Francisco, actually A National Park Lodge.

It is in the Northwest of the city in the National Park that was an old army base, The Presidio. Yay.

I've got Napa hotels, Oregon Wine Country resorts, and this silly little place that may have okay views.... so any of you that need a night's stay in the Bay or OR, let me know. I'll do my best on rates. CHEERS.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/new-ho...-of-the-golden

PBBarb (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
My wife came out from DC in early 2000's with a guitar on her back, saw Big Sur, and that ended it for her, too. It's an intoxicating place.

I've been very quiet lately on the boards because a) the shop won't give me my car back and I am grumpy (lol... diagnosing a vexing problem), and b) I am a few weeks from opening a new hotel in San Francisco, actually A National Park Lodge.

It is in the Northwest of the city in the National Park that was an old army base, The Presidio. Yay.

I've got Napa hotels, Oregon Wine Country resorts, and this silly little place that may have okay views.... so any of you that need a night's stay in the Bay or OR, let me know. I'll do my best on rates. CHEERS.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/new-ho...-of-the-golden

That's beautiful! To tell you how serious he is about not taking me to CA - I told him I wasn't going to go with him to Vegas the first weekend of June for the motorcycle auction (I'd rather go to the big one in January). Mostly because he said he was going to leave on Friday and come home on the 6 a.m. flight on Sunday. Let me be very clear - I am NOT a morning person and we tried that flight once and he swore never again would he attempt that with me (maybe because I decided the easiest way to get up in time was to not go to bed?). So I said I'd just stay home since I'm going to Houston to visit a friend the following weekend. That was two days ago. Last night, he announced that he's going out a day early so he can go visit his friend in Big Bear and check on the motorcycle restoration.

Maybe I'll just plan a trip out there (maybe one of my girls' trips can be out there instead of a cruise).

I hope that things get situated soon so you aren't as quiet then! Both because it means things are good AND because you'll chat more.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

Winners, please PM me your mailing address so that I can get this fabulous limited edition 3x4 very exclusive window cling to you.[/QUOTE]

Unhinged, I haven't forgotten your promised window cling. I was hoping to get mine at The Blueberry Blast event. In meantime I am working on the 3D custom version mod.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,659 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Winners, please PM me your mailing address so that I can get this fabulous limited edition 3x4 very exclusive window cling to you.
Unhinged, I haven't forgotten your promised window cling. I was hoping to get mine at The Blueberry Blast event. In meantime I am working on the 3D custom version mod.[/QUOTE]No problem...I'll be hand delivering about half of them at the Blast.

jaguny (05-16-2018)