F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My SVR build thread, yes I am going to mod it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi there

Just had the alignment checked and adjusted, look OK to you guys?

Attached Thumbnails My SVR build thread, yes I am going to mod it.-geo.jpg  
Old 02-25-2018, 02:50 PM

Well after all the recent polishing and wax for the first time I truly got to see how the car looks in the sun today and boy does it look awesome, what a truly stunning car. Also it really turns heads as well being such a good looking car in such a bright colour.

Having just enjoyed seeing an SVR in Top Gear and of course pretty much my buddies Mustang also it only made sense to post up these images I took today.

Really enjoying this car and I think the small little styling tweaks have worked so well with the orange calipers, black wheel centres and lug nuts.

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (02-27-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. Love the blue color.

Gibbo205 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Your car is looking dope AF. Love the color.

Gibbo205 (02-26-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Shes goes well:

Old 03-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

But you pulled the plug well before 200 mph!
Did you chicken out or what?
Just kidding, probably traffic and/or ran out of straight road.
(PS - I notice your TPMS warning light flashing away).

Old 03-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
But you pulled the plug well before 200 mph!
Did you chicken out or what?
Just kidding, probably traffic and/or ran out of straight road.
(PS - I notice your TPMS warning light flashing away).

Yes dud TPMS sensors in new wheels, will change them out at somepoint.

Here is me racing my mates GTR, the SVR is savage off the line:

Old 03-11-2018, 01:13 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Great looking car (obviously!) and thanks for sharing the pics - are you planning any more than just the wheel and caliper respray?

Last edited by CaptainHam; 03-11-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Great looking car (obviously!) and thanks for sharing the pics - are you planning any more than just the wheel and caliper respray?

Yes I am planning following:

- 2PC Wortec rotors, should save me 20kg / 45lbs, similar to ceramics. Going to see if I can get some carbotech pads made up as well to go with new disc.
- Searching for a lighter battery, to save another 10kg or so, but not a crazy expensive lithium one.
- Weight reduction, if I find something I can remove I shall, its free afterall, but seems not so much to remove without spoiling the car.

Then in a year or so time I shall probably get a VAP Tune and smaller SC pulley to put the car around 650HP.

P.S. I have a black growler badge for front grill once I figure out how to remove the red growler, it don't want to budge, LOL!

Any ideas you may I have, I am listening. Would love to get the weight down as a priority but like I say am really out of ideas. Could maybe look at removing the subwoofers if they are easily accessible as I don't play music so much with the amazing sound from engine. Mine also has powered tailgate, am guessing their is a motor for that which could be removed?

Last edited by Gibbo205; 03-13-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

I vaguely recall Cambo telling me one day that the power tailgate motors are in the actual struts. If that is true then you would need to swap them out for "plain" struts and the small weight saving probably wouldn't justify the cost.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:52 PM

Had a chat with Dale Lomas today, the guy who drives the ring taxi SVR to see if I was imagining the additional confidence when driving the car in wet mode in the wet. He has confirmed:
Rain Mode: AWD split is as close to 50/50 automatic as possible.
Dynamic mode: AWD split is 90% rear and 10% front automatic.

So when I was feeling the rear slide out in the wet and then straighten in dynamic but in wet mode I could just really keep the car tidier and put power down with less traction cut was not me imagining it.

I am amazed Jaguar do not market this, as I feel its yet another real strength of the car to be able to adjust the AWD split on the fly with the wet, normal and dynamic modes. No idea what AWD split normal is as I've not asked.

Dale said on wet and slippery laps he puts the SVR in wet mode, DSC fully off and manual gears and it gives a real advantage to running the car in dynamic mode in such conditions.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How tricky was it aligning the panel gaps, how did you go about it?

Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

I vaguely recall Cambo telling me one day that the power tailgate motors are in the actual struts. If that is true then you would need to swap them out for "plain" struts and the small weight saving probably wouldn't justify the cost.
It looks like Cambo was right, different parts for plain vs power with the power struts costing more than twice as much, see items 9 and 10 on this diagram: https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...-hardware-scat

Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

It looks like Cambo was right, different parts for plain vs power with the power struts costing more than twice as much, see items 9 and 10 on this diagram: https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...-hardware-scat
I wonder how much weight differential between the two. Can't be much.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Brioss
How tricky was it aligning the panel gaps, how did you go about it?

Hood:

First attempt adjusting the six rubber height adjusters, they may achieve the alignment you want.

If that fails the hinges have stop nuts, you can screw them down or up and these have quite an impact on the height of hood towards outer edges and if I remember is just a 10mm socket.

Lastly and more difficult is loosening the hinge itself which then gives you full hood adjustment in all directions and is really a two man job and a lot more tricky but this gives you a lot more movement both up and down and forwards and backward. If you need to go this route be prepared for a lot of fine tuning and hassle.

Trunk / boot:

Again easy method adjust the two rubbers in the trunk lid to level the boot up. For most this should work.

If however its still too high and you need to pull it down more or adjust it up then remove the boot interior trim and slacken of the locking mechanism and then move it up or down a couple of mm depending on which direction you need to adjust in, then re-tighten.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hood:

First attempt adjusting the six rubber height adjusters, they may achieve the alignment you want.

If that fails the hinges have stop nuts, you can screw them down or up and these have quite an impact on the height of hood towards outer edges and if I remember is just a 10mm socket.

Lastly and more difficult is loosening the hinge itself which then gives you full hood adjustment in all directions and is really a two man job and a lot more tricky but this gives you a lot more movement both up and down and forwards and backward. If you need to go this route be prepared for a lot of fine tuning and hassle.

Trunk / boot:

Again easy method adjust the two rubbers in the trunk lid to level the boot up. For most this should work.

If however its still too high and you need to pull it down more or adjust it up then remove the boot interior trim and slacken of the locking mechanism and then move it up or down a couple of mm depending on which direction you need to adjust in, then re-tighten.
Another tip about hood (bonnet) gap adjustment.
On my car the gap across the front edge of the hood (where it meets the bumper) was very uneven - about 3 mm gap on the RHS and about 6 mm gap on the LHS.
Instead of adjusting the hood (which was perfectly aligned) I adjusted the bumper.
I simply loosened off the three bolts across the top of the bumper on the LHS (there are six bolts in all across the top) and pushed that side of the bumper in towards the car about 3 mm, then tightened the bolts back up again. Hey presto, perfectly even gap across the front! You will need to keep pressure on the bumper as you tighten up the bolts as it will want to spring back out.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:53 AM

Focus RS launch control VS my right foot!

You can see how well the SVR hooks, equalling the RS launch control. You then also see the advantage of an automatic over a manual, when the RS changes from 1st to 2nd, its bye bye RS.

For those interested RS crossed the mile marker at 154mph GPS, I never ran it out the full mile due to braking distance but had 186mph indicated which I'd expect to be around 175mph GPS.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFIEyHItthM

Focus RS launch control VS my right foot!

You can see how well the SVR hooks, equalling the RS launch control. You then also see the advantage of an automatic over a manual, when the RS changes from 1st to 2nd, its bye bye RS.

For those interested RS crossed the mile marker at 154mph GPS, I never ran it out the full mile due to braking distance but had 186mph indicated which I'd expect to be around 175mph GPS.
Why would you expect a 9% speedometer error? Measured up to 100mph my indicated speed is a dead on match with the GPS.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Why would you expect a 9% speedometer error? Measured up to 100mph my indicated speed is a dead on match with the GPS.
Just based on the speedo discrepancy the V6 had, he was registering 165-167mph on the speedo but his GPS speeds across the beams was around 158mph.

I'd suspect the speedo's are all calibrated equal or very close.

Quick Reply: My SVR build thread, yes I am going to mod it.