F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 01:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I don't think anything is triggered except for the light. I see it on a regular basis in the wintertime.
I think you are right.
As usual it's in the Owner's Handbook, I should RTFM more often.
On Page 40 under Warning Lamps:
"External Temperature (Amber) - Illuminates when the external temperature is low enough that ice may be present on the road".

Old 06-07-2017, 08:42 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,067 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoodard
Here is what I learned today. If the alternator dies and you completely run down the battery (in my case while driving to the dealership), you can't get into the glove box once everything shuts down. For some reason that sucker was locked up tight. I guess the lesson is that I will now put the number for Jaguar Roadside Assistance in my phone.
Good idea. You also wouldn't be able to open the trunk. If you use the jump points under the hood, then you should be able to open the glovebox/trunk.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mwinner
If you don't shift in time, the car shifts for you...at 6k
I was curious, so I tried this myself - usually, if I'm in a hurry, I do the shifting. I have the mildest F-Type, a 2017 Base 340 hp, and I set the car with all performance options off - full DSC, Dynamic turned off, and the shifter to the right - full limousine mode.

Mine shifted at a little over 6,500 in 1st and 2nd. Under redline, but not much. Pretty much what I would expect.

I then turned it up, enabling Dynamic and Sport Mode, and re-tested it. Again, it shifted at a little over 6,500.

You better shift that puppy yourself!!

Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Interesting. In older or more powerful models, in D+S, it will bump against the rev limiter without shifting, unless you depress the accelerator far enough to hit the kickdown switch. (And that would downshift, if possible, not upshift.)

Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Interesting. In older or more powerful models, in D+S, it will bump against the rev limiter without shifting, unless you depress the accelerator far enough to hit the kickdown switch. (And that would downshift, if possible, not upshift.)
Mine does that too but only if I'm shifting with the paddles or sequential shifter (don't ask me how I know about the rev limiter ;-(((, but I assumed that we were talking about full automatic. I just moved the shifter to the Sport (left) position. In that configuration, mine shifts for itself with Dynamic on or off (until I paddle it!!).

Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Oh, you're right. It's only once you've used the paddles to switch to manual that it stops shifting for you. Will downshift automatically as you come to a stop, to avoid stalling. I like that feature.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

This may be another RTFM matter....discovered the turn signal will click 3X if you slightly activate them...I assume for Lane change purposes.
Didn't realize this and was wondering why they had taken on a mind of their own as the kept clicking after I "let go" of the stalk ....did a bit left click right click till I recognized 3 clicks the it will stop ( if you don't keep mucking with it)
While not a life altering moment, I found it interesting.
YMMV
Alan

Old 06-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

That is pretty standard these day. My last 4 vehicles of different make have all been that way.
Larry

Old 06-16-2017, 04:37 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

This is the first vehicle I've had with that feature - I like it a lot.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Awd
after I "let go" of the stalk ....did a bit left click right click till I recognized 3 clicks
Alan
If you press the center button on that control lever, it will turn it off before the three clicks are done.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:22 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default something broken

That round thing that closes the a/c register on the right side dash is broken. It was like that when I bought it used. Think it will be covered under warranty?

Old 06-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I think you are right.
As usual it's in the Owner's Handbook, I should RTFM more often.
On Page 40 under Warning Lamps:
"External Temperature (Amber) - Illuminates when the external temperature is low enough that ice may be present on the road".
Saw that in the manual, but for some reason have not seen the light activated here in S.W. Florida yet. Likely not anytime soon??

Old 06-23-2017, 07:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed how low the plastic flappy part is under the front bumper, more so when going down a car park ramp hearing it scrap and thinking OMG ive killed the front bumper!!

Old 06-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFT
I have noticed how low the plastic flappy part is under the front bumper, more so when going down a car park ramp hearing it scrap and thinking OMG ive killed the front bumper!!
Those whiskers really get a workout when you've lowered the car an inch and a half.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Those whiskers really get a workout when you've lowered the car an inch and a half.

I think my car would be banana shaped by now if it was lower haha

Old 06-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Another thing: The gasoline fill is on the right, not on the left. I've checked out other other cars on the highway and it looks like the overwhelming majority have it on the left. This could be potentially awkward because the car would be facing the opposite direction.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

I'd never be able to get mine out of the driveway if it were lowered.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
Another thing: The gasoline fill is on the right, not on the left. I've checked out other other cars on the highway and it looks like the overwhelming majority have it on the left. This could be potentially awkward because the car would be facing the opposite direction.
If you look at most high end cars and Subaus, all put the gas tank fill on the right. The reason for that is if you happen to run out of gas on the highway and pull over wanting to fill the car up, you really don't want to put yourself in the danger of incoming traffic, or that's how Subaru's manual explains it anyways...

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (06-24-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Odd fact. Infiniti' shave the fill all on the right side with the exception of the QX60 SUV where it's on the driver side. One dealer actually told me it was because Infiniti thought soccer moms would appreciate not having to go around the car to fill it. Hmmmm

Old 06-24-2017, 07:22 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian
If you look at most high end cars and Subaus, all put the gas tank fill on the right. The reason for that is if you happen to run out of gas on the highway and pull over wanting to fill the car up, you really don't want to put yourself in the danger of incoming traffic, or that's how Subaru's manual explains it anyways...
That's what the Benz dealer told me about our C63. I don't buy it. By that logic cars in the UK, NZ, OZ would have the filler on the left side which would result in a bunch of design changes.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...