F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:51 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

The G-meter! Although I can't really whip around corners and look at it at the same time
(It might only be on Dynamic. Go to the Dynamic screen, it's one of the buttons on the left column.)

Old 11-30-2017, 02:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It can hold peak readings so you can see the maximum Gs once you've stopped.

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 2,310 Posts

And yes, it only works in Dynamic mode.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:27 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
??? Every time I drive into my garage, I lose the satellite signal. I've never lost the presets.
I'm referring to more of a hard refresh of the signal. In these cases, the vehicle loses the satellite signal such that it reverts to the default promotional channel 1. In these cases, you need to have Sirius send a refresh signal. On the old Infotainment, when the refresh signal was sent, the radio would unlock and the previously established pre-sets would be available. On the new system, the resets are deleted and you're forced to have to renter them.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:30 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

It drives surprisingly well in snow

Old 11-30-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

The 2017 Base doesn't have a limited slip differential. WTF???

Can one be fitted?

Old 11-30-2017, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Aitch
It can hold peak readings so you can see the maximum Gs once you've stopped.
I will have to look into this as I have not seen a way to hold that figure

Old 11-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4uk
It drives surprisingly well in snow
Better than surprisingly, FANTASTICALLY!

Old 11-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
The G-meter! Although I can't really whip around corners and look at it at the same time
(It might only be on Dynamic. Go to the Dynamic screen, it's one of the buttons on the left column.)
Here's the page for the stored figures

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...1&d=1512081116

Attached Thumbnails Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...-g-meter.jpg  
Misujerr (12-01-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
I'm referring to more of a hard refresh of the signal. In these cases, the vehicle loses the satellite signal such that it reverts to the default promotional channel 1. In these cases, you need to have Sirius send a refresh signal. On the old Infotainment, when the refresh signal was sent, the radio would unlock and the previously established pre-sets would be available. On the new system, the resets are deleted and you're forced to have to renter them.
Under what circumstances does that occur?

Old 11-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Under what circumstances does that occur?
I've had it happen periodically -- not really sure why it happens but it seems to be a frequent enough issue that SiriusXM has "signal refresh" as a self service feature when you call in for customer support (and online). I definitely know you need to refresh the signal if you allow a three month trial to lapse without renewing. In that case, on the old infotainment the presets would remain programmed such that after renewing my subscription and refreshing the signal, all the presets would reappear. The new infotainment system doesn't seem to store the presets.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat
The 2017 Base doesn't have a limited slip differential. WTF???

Can one be fitted?

Coming from a 1995 4 wheel drive that I drove for 20 years, I wish I had learnt more about cars prior to buying so I could ask the proper questions. I do not mind that the 2016 base does not have LSD.

But I would be interested to know what people would have preferred to have changed on their build? I don't need ceramic brakes, but knowing they're $10000 after market add on, it just seems stupid not to have gotten them.

I have to imagine the limited slip differential is not some holy grail of difference in regards to handling?

So this isn't just some empty post, what sort of add one or options would you have preferred or enjoyed, or what sort of changes would you have made to your build?

Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I don't need ceramic brakes, but knowing they're $10000 after market add on, it just seems stupid not to have gotten them.
Given that they are a $13000 OEM option, it seems silly to order them unless you plan on substantial track time.

ndabunka (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
So this isn't just some empty post, what sort of add one or options would you have preferred or enjoyed, or what sort of changes would you have made to your build?
I didn't know when I got the car that it didn't have LSD. If I'd known, I would have re-thought my purchase. Stupid me - I didn't test drive a Base, and the S I drove did have it. I would certainly pay a reasonable amount - say $1,000 - to get it now.

My driving style places a heavy emphasis on rear-end grip. When I was in High School, the kids changed my nickname when we took chemistry and found out that uranium is heavier than lead... I have enough drag racing experience to be pretty good at pedaling the car when necessary, but just don't want to!

I would simply prefer to spend (a little) less time sideways.

Last edited by FullChat; 12-02-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

My car has most every useable option short of the ceramics, so what I would have done is waited and bought a 17 SVR for about the same price as my 16 R. I do waffle about some of the SVR looks like the spoiler and front gills. I sometimes think about other colors (ammonite w/red-black interior/blade wheels) or rhodium silver/red interior/tornado silver wheels, BUT I look again at my car and conclude I'm quite happy as is.

SanDiegoJAG (12-03-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FullChat
I didn't know when I got the car that it didn't have LSD. If I'd known, I would have re-thought my purchase. Stupid me - I didn't test drive a Base, and the S I drove did have it. I would certainly pay a reasonable amount - say $1,000 - to get it now.

My driving style places a heavy emphasis on rear-end grip. When I was in High School, the kids changed my nickname when we took chemistry and found out that uranium is heavier than lead... I have enough drag racing experience to be pretty good at pedaling the car when necessary, but just don't want to!

I would simply prefer to spend (a little) less time sideways.
You may now realize that LSD is not a "$1,000 option" even buying used. In order to get that option one has to step up from a "base" car to an "S". If you bought the base instead of the S due to price, you may have not realized that you were voting with your wallet without your brain realizing that decision was made.

Analogy's can help and be funny so...
It's a lot like legal teenagers in the back seat of a car on a Saturday night not realizing the repercussions of their actions. Luckily in this case, you don't have to literally babysit for the next 18 years so your momentary mental failure is easily corrected. It just takes... selling or trading in your base model for an S and, of course, the additional $s.

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-03-2017 at 08:13 AM.
sts-v (12-03-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Fun article. He learned the car looks as good dirty as it does clean, and he also learned that the cops can be called on your even if you're somewhere relatively remote.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/4-things-ive-learned-after-2-months-with-a-jaguar-f-type-r/

Has anyone experienced water Ingress in the headlights?

Also, as far as mine, I discovered where the check engine light is, because it finally just came on at 34,000 miles after 2.3 years. A slight annoyance of what is likely a bad sensor, and probably losing the car for a day. I never understood people who freaked out about check engine lights under warranty, but also I'm overly patient.

I also just realized that the new warranties at 60000 miles don't really matter because past you're 48 Thousand Mile service, you are out of warranty for 64K service

Old 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

I realized that there is about 12 inches of EMPTY SPACE behind the pedals that seems like could have been made available to the driver to give more leg room. It is so much room that I wonder if someone in JLR design might have been considering some type of way to move both pedals back and forth in some mechanical way similar to the super cars that have move-able pedals

Old 12-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Funny you should mention that, the Aussie Ford Falcon had electronically adjustable pedals from 2002 right through until the end of production about a year ago.
So for the first few years while Ford owned Jaguar, if they could do it on a common as muck Falcon why not on a Jag?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ndabunka
It is so much room that I wonder if someone in JLR design might have been considering some type of way to move both pedals back and forth in some mechanical way similar to the super cars that have move-able pedals
(You mean all 3 pedals). How sweet would that be?

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...