F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FType-R Owner With Fitment Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd

with the 305s and the 6mm spacer, the tire face is pushed out a total of 11mm. So yes, a definite visual effect.
Ah, yes! That's a good point re: the 305s. I pulled my 295s from the Storm wheels and put them on the Maelstroms for the time being because I didn't want to spend $1k on new rear tires given my 295s still have a decent amount of tread left.

There's another member, mlebofsky, who has an SVR and is using 10MM spacers with "ET" mag style lug nuts. You commented on it back in December. It's here. Looks like he's been running fine with the 10s.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Although it was the perfect fit for me, the 10mm spacers on the front caused a harmonic growl/groan upon CCB breaking (last few feet). Dealer replaced pads, weighed rotors, etc. We finally gave up. The spacers caused a low pitched noise.....

Riddle me this joker: for the first mile of so, no noise. After a hose down to clean off the rotors, no noise.. But after 5 minutes, typical stop lights, noise again. Rears barely (only when dirty) make this strange harmonic noise, so I left the 10mm spaxers on the rears.....

​​The ET lugnuts however worked well with about 10 turns on to the stock lugs. VAP springs are on my car ......

Last edited by mlebofsky; 08-06-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Perhaps as things heat up, the spacers are expanding and causing the groan.

Thanks to all. I'm going to try the 10MM spacers with ET lug nuts in the rear and 6MM with ET lug nuts in the front. Once my 255/295s wear out, I'll move up to 265/305 and it sounds like it'll be a great set up.

@mlebofsky -- Looks like we'll have a similar setup given the CCBs and the same wheels. I'll update this thread with my experience once I've had them on for a few miles.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM

Same material (aluminum) everyone else uses. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2018, 11:50 PM

Ordered and tried 6mm spacers on the front (rather than the 10mm). These are a little different in that 6mm doesn't offer enough thickness to have a wheel centric lip. Instead the hub's lip simply pushes beyond the spacer and into the wheel. I used stock lug nuts on this test.
Result= This changed the pitch of the groan/howl upon the last few feet of braking, but its still there.
Spacers simply cause noise on my 2017 SVR w/CCBs. The thicker the spacer, the deeper the noise. Riddle me this …...
Any thoughts? Anyone?

Last edited by mlebofsky; 08-30-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:22 AM

Wondering if the brake dust shields are contributing to the harmonic noise (w/spacers) I experience.
- On CCBs, with minimal dust, are the dust shields easily removed to test my theory?
- Are they even necessary on CCBs?
Thanks,
2017 SVR

Old 11-15-2018, 08:29 PM

Last edited by mlebofsky; 11-16-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Well over a year later I finally figured out the howling spacer problem I was experiencing. Spacers for CCB equipped f-types must be built with a custom OD of 139mm.
This is smaller than typical non-CCB f-type. The standard larger spacers were being raised up on their outer edges by about .5mm and not making full contact.
In short - problem solved, no more noise and 12mm seems to be the perfect width for my SVR (ET lug nuts give me 9.75 turns on the lugs).

Last edited by mlebofsky; 01-04-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by mlebofsky
Well over a year later I finally figured out the howling spacer problem I was experiencing. Spacers for CCB equipped f-types must be built with a custom OD of 139mm.
This is smaller than typical non-CCB f-type. The standard larger spacers were being raised up on their outer edges by about .5mm and not making full contact.
In short - problem solved, no more noise and 12mm seems to be the perfect width for my SVR (ET lug nuts give me 9.75 turns on the lugs).
Brilliant discovery!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 AM
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

In the aftermarket, most off the shelf wheels in our bolt pattern are 9" wide on front and 10.5" on the rear. With those rim widths, you'll need 42mm offset in front and a 25mm offset in back to match the R's fender bulge exactly, assuming 295/255mm tires. Some might prefer a bit of fender overhang, in which case, add 5-10mm of offset.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:44 PM

I purchased my spacers back in August '18 and just got around to installing the rear ones. Like you, I have CCB and the Maelstrom wheels and when I went to install the 10mm hub centric spacer on the rear wheels, during the test fit both on the hub and into the rear of the wheel (i.e. the part of the wheel that comes in contact with the hub), I noticed that the spacer doesn't fit nicely into the rear of the wheel. It seems like the hub part of the spacer is just slightly too large. It fits nicely on the original hub and am wondering if I should use a rubber mallet to see if I can get it to fit into the rear of the wheel before putting in on the car or abandon it and chat with Lenny at Motorsport and try to figure out why these aren't fitting.

Also, in regards to you solving the whining noise, when you say that it was being raised on it's outer edge, you mean to say that as they were heating up, they started to warp ever so slightly causing them to bow out a bit?

Old 04-21-2019, 08:18 AM

Installation onto the black hub face of the CCB equipped car requires the spacer diameter to be no more than 139mm. If it is larger, the spacer will not sit flat and will have an air gap between it and the hub (except at its very outside contact edge).

The black hub that the spacer should be laying flat against is not flat. It raises as you get beyond the 139mm mark ...

No warping.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Mike,
Which ET flat seat lug nuts did you purchase to yield the 9.75 turns after spacers? I’m also looking to add 12mm hubcentric spacers (these) front and rear to my R coupe with stock 20 Girodynes.

But while searching eBay for ‘M12x1.5 ET lug washer/flat seat / mag seat’ etc. shows lug nuts for Lexus, Sequoia, Tacoma, etc., I cannot tell which one has enough extended threads. Any pointers greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Bill