F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor & Engine performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O2 Sensor & Engine performance

As some of you know I recently had the O2 sensor changed and the K309 updated and have had issues with the exhaust crackling and pops. Now I have notice that engine performance has also been effected. Could engine performance be effected as the result of changing the O2 sensor and software update?

I feel the car's acceleration is not the same. It doesn't feel as sharp as before, there seems to be lag in immediate acceleration, even in Dynamic mode, where as before it was so crisp and brutal. Also, when I lift off the gas paddle the exhaust makes a funny noise, more like, as if it is being choked. Or as if it is running with the choke valve on (if it had a choke valve).

The car has totally changed personality, it is slower, it feels as if it has turbos rather than supercharger.

I am taking the car to a different dealer next week as the current dealer has caused me nothing but hassle.

Is it possible that they calibrated the O2 sensor incorrectly which has caused the the performance issues? Sorry I am not technical so I even don't know if it is possible to calibrate the O2 sensor.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2017, 02:20 AM
Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I noticed the identical issues on my 2014 S V8 after O2 sensor and software update. The personality of the car totally changed. The exhaust sound and cracking is much more tame and the acceleration has diminished. I complained to the dealer and JNA and the dealer said they reset something that will re-learn my driving habits to adjust shifting curves over time. It’s been months since the complaint but the car never recovered to its previous personality. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
550R (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 06:27 AM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

The K309 update was a total disaster in my opinion that is continuing to leave people’s cars impacted.

Yes JLR did provide a fix, but only to certain cars within a narrow VIN range. I think the issue is affecting cars in a much broader range and JLR need to recognize this and respond accordingly. 0to60in4 yes your car should be included in the cars able to get the patch applied. Check the many threads on the forum to do with loss of pops and cracks, there is a JTB mentioned that needs to be applied.

With regards to loss of performance - yes that was a symptom on my car with the bad K309 update. I only realized it once the patch was applied - pops and cracks returned and it was obvious the car had been very lethargic, almost in limp home mode although not as severe.

I think it’s time all impacted owners join forces together. Start a poll on this forum, find out everyone who is impacted by this and write a joint letter to JLR UK asking them for a response.

Last edited by ek993; 09-28-2017 at 06:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ek993:
550R (09-28-2017), Kief (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Makes me nervous of any future software updates on my '17 and/or emissions related service bulletins. You can refuse software updates, but not if emissions related, correct?

I doubt very much I would have the patience to stick around if I experienced this run around from JLR/dealers.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You can refuse software updates, but not if emissions related, correct?

Originally Posted by Kief
Makes me nervous of any future software updates on my '17 and/or emissions related service bulletins. You can refuse software updates, but not if emissions related, correct?

I doubt very much I would have the patience to stick around if I experienced this run around from JLR/dealers.
My understanding is that in CA you can refuse the emission update until your car is due for emission certification. Which I believe it is 4 years from the manufacturing stamp. Unfortunatley I was never asked by Jaguar dealership, whether or not I wanted the software update.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ek993
The K309 update was a total disaster in my opinion that is continuing to leave people’s cars impacted.

Yes JLR did provide a fix, but only to certain cars within a narrow VIN range. I think the issue is affecting cars in a much broader range and JLR need to recognize this and respond accordingly. 0to60in4 yes your car should be included in the cars able to get the patch applied. Check the many threads on the forum to do with loss of pops and cracks, there is a JTB mentioned that needs to be applied.

With regards to loss of performance - yes that was a symptom on my car with the bad K309 update. I only realized it once the patch was applied - pops and cracks returned and it was obvious the car had been very lethargic, almost in limp home mode although not as severe.

I think it’s time all impacted owners join forces together. Start a poll on this forum, find out everyone who is impacted by this and write a joint letter to JLR UK asking them for a response.
its time for pitchforks and torches, folks! Seriously.

my car Is in for the fourth time now on this issue. My dealer now has two cars with the same problem.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Are they applying this K 309 update to 2017 R Coupes? I looked up recalls via my vin# and only saw a seatbelt tensioner recall. Thanks for any knowledge.
CRS

Old 09-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
Are they applying this K 309 update to 2017 R Coupes? I looked up recalls via my vin# and only saw a seatbelt tensioner recall. Thanks for any knowledge.
CRS
No, 2014-2016

However, those of us with 2017 Rs need to be on the look out for any dealer recommended updates so we can make informed decisions and not go through this nonsense.

The following users liked this post:
CRS 123 (09-29-2017)