F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

options you wish you had bought or not bought

Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default options you wish you had bought or not bought

Hello, are there any options you wish you had bought or not bought? I wish I had bought the option to close the trunk with the electric button. It seemed like a frivolous option at the time. However, the trunk lid seems to have greater than average resistance when getting closed. Also, with the button I would have avoided getting my fingerprints on the trunk lid.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:42 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Vision pack would be helpful in the convertible.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

The R comes fairly well loaded and I bought every option other than the pano roof, electric trunk (Boot) closing and suede interior.

.Glad I did not get the Pano roof.
.Would have gotten the electric trunk closing if I had it to do again.. its kind of cool and nice with hands full.
.Glad I did not get the suede interior.
Lawrence.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

carbon ceramic brakes
Not that I'll really need, just because :-)

Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Lawrence aka Mulmur, why don't you like the pano roof?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by shift
carbon ceramic brakes
@shift - you think cc brakes are worth the $$$ for those scrutinizing the cost/benefits of options?

Old 08-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Definitely wish I didn't get the In-Control app option. Even though it was only $400...they're aren't enough apps to make it worthwhile to me.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

carbon ceramic brakes

I think you stated it perfectly for myself as well. I used to be one that said I dont need them so why get them but then I got the Turbo S and they come stock. Wow, the bite on these CCB's is amazing and so is the lack of dust. Is it worth the extra money- who knows but if I found an F Type R with them and in white I would have got it.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Lawrence aka Mulmur, why don't you like the pano roof?
I have an Italian Racing red version and I love the sweep of the roof and colour as it is and the pano roof sort of breaks it all up and not in a good way for my taste.... also, I don't find the cabin dark without the pano roof. I have been in the pano roof cars and it feels just like a moon roof on other cars I've had, which can be nice, but it doesn't override by first points.. just a personal preference.
Lawrence

Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
@shift - you think cc brakes are worth the $$$ for those scrutinizing the cost/benefits of options?
I think as a one time option, $10K isn't bad (amortized over the lifetime of a car). The problem is, I am not familiar with how much they are to maintain...If they are comparable to normal brake maintainenace then $10K over 3-5 years doesn't sound so bad....

Old 08-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I have an Italian Racing red version and I love the sweep of the roof and colour as it is and the pano roof sort of breaks it all up and not in a good way for my taste.... also, I don't find the cabin dark without the pano roof. I have been in the pano roof cars and it feels just like a moon roof on other cars I've had, which can be nice, but it doesn't override by first points.. just a personal preference.
Lawrence
I agree with you for IRR.....I prefer it without the pano too.

I'm happy with all the options I got, but wish I had gotten the flat bottom steering wheel.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
I agree with you for IRR.....I prefer it without the pano too.

I'm happy with all the options I got, but wish I had gotten the flat bottom steering wheel.
does the flat-bottomed steering wheel come wrapped in leather? I just noticed today that my standard steering wheel seems to be wrapped in some type of foam/polyurethane.

I seem to remember enjoying the flat bottom steering wheel on the audi s4 when I test drove it. If the flat-bottom steering wheel is required to get a leather-wrapped steering wheel in the f-type then I may consider that option for my next f-type.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Got the pano roof but don't need it and don't use it in the FL sun. Luckily with the Stratus Grey you can't notice it. Didn't get the electric trunk but with the latch opener on the FOB I don't miss it. Sure glad I got the vision pack as it has saved me a couple of times already.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carbon ceramic brakes

Debated and debated...finally went with them and WOW...no dust, no noise and stopping power deluxe. But I got them for the looks...

Old 08-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I had the flat bottomed steering wheel in the convertible, but didn't have any options in the coupe if I didn't want to wait, so now I have the non-flat bottomed one.

I thought I would care, and yet I just don't. As is the case with most of the options - as long as I have that exhaust note.

The following users liked this post:
schraderade (08-22-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
does the flat-bottomed steering wheel come wrapped in leather?
Yes.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine has (I believe) every available factory option. I sometimes wish I didn't have the carbon blade wheels. I prefer the painted black rims.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Got everything I wanted on my V8S with the exception of the upgraded stereo which is the only thing I probably ought to have added.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

On the upside, you'll only notice the difference in sound quality when parked.

Go and buy yourself a set of sticky tyres with the money saved and have some fun.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:33 PM

I thought the memory seats were going to be a complete waste of money. after all I'm the only driver of the car.

however, when I got my car back from the car wash yesterday it took forever for me to get my seat and steering wheel adjusted back to where I wanted it. as soon as I did, I saved it into memory as setting #1.

also, I scraped my rear wheel on a curb driving to work last week which pissed me off and made me realize that I need to pay more attention when I haven't completely woken up yet. therefore I programmed a slightly more upright seating position which should help with that.

I also programmed a slightly laid back position for when I specifically want to look more g money. the f type seats need a lot of adjustment compared to other car seats to get them just right so the memory seats were worth the money for me.

also, I think I read that the folding mirror feature when you lock your car is only available with the memory seats option. can someone please confirm this or indicate if this feature is only available when bundled with some other package?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: options you wish you had bought or not bought