F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A pleasant surprise

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
When I purchased my Audi A7, I received a book, with a choice of many gifts inside. I opted to pick the "Sonos" home stereo package, and was shocked by this. Ironically, I sold the A7 at 48K miles because I didn't want the warranty worries, nor an extended warranty headache (don't trust these). Wound up realizing that loyalty isn't bought by a gift of appreciation, but rather by a quality car that fits the need of the buyer. I think we call this "value" :-)!

No gift, and really don't care to have one. The gift is a quality car. Now if they would only recall and fix the audio to the level of "Jaguar expectations", that would be a real treat, which I believe we already paid for
A very good point sir. Thanks for making my day. If you really get down to it, you're right. This car is awesome, well built, beautiful and high quality. A gift really does not matter. Thanks for pointing this out. TAR

Old 04-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

The point is well taken and we all agree that the F-Type is magnificent in every shape, form and, yes, color. None of us "needs" a damn thing besides the car itself. I think we can all agree on that, yes?

Having said that, even a small gesture [can] go a long way. It's never gonna make or break a brand - nor make you want to buy another automobile just because you received a gift, any gift - but it's still a form of appreciation and a show of gratitude.

Lagniappe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best regards from an ecstatic (and giftless) 2015 V6S owner,
RJ52

The following users liked this post:
Archeraph (04-26-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I got nothing, not even a keychain! Oh wait, I did get a crazy stalker salesman calling every number that is associated with my name begging me to take a survey. I mean, really, at this point, do you really want me to fill out that customer survey?

Old 04-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Archeraph
Wow! I got nothing, not even a keychain! Oh wait, I did get a crazy stalker salesman calling every number that is associated with my name begging me to take a survey. I mean, really, at this point, do you really want me to fill out that customer survey?
We have also discussed "surveys" here in another thread(s) and if it's one coming from or pertaining to the dealer I'm all for that; including the good, the bad, and the ugly. In my case my experience with my local dealer was exceptional and I not only wrote several glowing reviews on a few car dealer websites but also wrote the owner of the dealership making sure he knew how happy a customer I am and how beautifully I was treated throughout the entire car buying process (no small feat) and how professional and personable his GM and salesperson were.

If it's one coming from or representing the manufacturer - and I think I have received at least 3 or 4 since I bought the car last Oct (and I got the impression they were all from different marketers?) - that's another matter entirely. If I thought that my filling one out would make one iota difference or add something meaningful (other than giving out "10's" *****-nilly) I might fill it out, but I haven't. My own opinion is my name is the most valuable commodity being used here, more for marketing purposes than something pertinent [to the F-Type] or substantive for the brand.

Something like that.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 04-27-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52

RJ52
Jay, I suspect you're plenty gifted.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Jay, I suspect you're plenty gifted.
You know it my friend (and so do I). Big-time!!!

Old 04-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

I asked for sun screen,nope,2caps,nope,fresh detail, yes!

Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM
LMS
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsnTX
+1
I paid full MSRP (less Jag promotional rebate) and was sent a letter from the dealer that I could take a free driving course (which I've found out since that everyone gets from Jag anyway)
That offer was never made to me.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by LMS
That offer was never made to me.
Us second class (V6) citizens don't get the training. Jag figures we don't need special instruction to keep from killing ourselves.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 PM
LMS
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Us second class (V6) citizens don't get the training. Jag figures we don't need special instruction to keep from killing ourselves.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:01 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,388 Posts

What I did expect was a letter and ID card for Jag Roadside Assistance, since I don't have a spare tire. Nope - the phone # is in the manual.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Actually, it was only for R buyers. Even V8S customers were also considered 2nd class citizens.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi
I got a pen a note pad and a full set of luggage, bit of a tight squeeze to put them back in with clothes in xx

Burnie

Old 04-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by burnie
Hi
I got a pen a note pad and a full set of luggage, bit of a tight squeeze to put them back in with clothes in xx

Burnie
A full set of luggage - now that's really nice!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Luggage?! A full set? Wow, that's brilliant!

The following users liked this post:
burnie (04-28-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

The point is well taken and we all agree that the F-Type is magnificent in every shape, form and, yes, color. None of us "needs" a damn thing besides the car itself. I think we can all agree on that, yes?
AMEN! I got two insulated Jaguar Coffee mugs and some other swag which I didn't expect. My best F-Type "gift" was a tour of part of Ray Catena's car collection while I waited for them to thaw-out the frozen passenger door latch. I picked up the new car on a 18F degree day, my wife got in on the passenger side but my new mistress wouldn't let her stay for a drive by refusing to latch her door. I had a long talk with the car on the ride home on the need to get along better with the wife, but I digress...

We got a Chevy mini-van 18 years ago when GM was trying to change their image of building crappy cars, every few months they sent us new swag -- didn't help build brand loyalty, I'll never buy another GM product!

Who needs a gift if you have an F-Type in your garage?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Having said that, even a small gesture [can] go a long way. It's never gonna make or break a brand - nor make you want to buy another automobile just because you received a gift, any gift - but it's still a form of appreciation and a show of gratitude.

Lagniappe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RJ52

I love the sign out...."Giftless"....pretty funny :-)!!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
I love the sign out...."Giftless"....pretty funny :-)!!
ONLY, I assure you, [re] receiving any trinkets from Jaguar or my dealer. As I've said and the truth is, I really don't care one way or another. I'm just of the opinion that even a small trinket is emblematic of "it's the thought that counts"; and who doesn't like being "thought" of?.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Actually, it was only for R buyers. Even V8S customers were also considered 2nd class citizens.
I purchased an R and I did not receive the letter.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Its great to see that the Australian subsidiary has thought carefully about trying to make its customers feel special. I think they should be congratulated!

Let's hope whoever leads customer service gets promoted to headquarters in the UK as they could do to take onboard this initiative and thinking. The UK experience is appalling and rates as the worst I've ever seen from any brand.

Congrats to the Ozzies. Not much good at cricket or rugby, but clearly get customer experience ;-)

Quick Reply: A pleasant surprise