Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quicksilver Exhaust w & w/o active exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quicksilver Exhaust w & w/o active exhaust

Hey guys,

looking to buy an f-type but it doesn't come with the active exhaust option, and I really want the low rev gurgles and crackles as active exhaust would have I'm guessing.

So question is, if I fit a quicksilver will I be able to achieve that? And does the quicksilver exhaust cancel out the benefits of the active exhaust option, in other words, fitting the QS exhaust to a car /w Active exhaust would produce the same sound notes over all RPMs as would a car w/o the AE system fitted with QS?

Old 12-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Does this car actually lack the dynamic exhaust, or does it just lack the override switch?

Either way, the Quicksilver eliminates the section of the dynamic exhaust that contains the switchable valves, so it's loud all the time.

One other point: The non-dynamic exhaust appears to be louder than the dynamic exhaust when on its quieter setting.

HTH.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the quicksilver exhaust with the active exhaust option fitted to my car and it eliminates all the benefits of the active exhaust. Meaning it will always be at its most aggressive setting. The only difference between the actual dynamic mods would be if you set the car to dynamic mode you get more pops and crackles. Also just fyi make sure you get the newer spec version. I ordered mine back in September and the fitment was bad. Took me 2 months for them admit that it was an older spec exhaust and countless emails to finally get them to send a new one. So just make sure when you order get the new one. I have a v8 though not sure about the v6 version of the exhaust

Old 12-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by F-typical
Does this car actually lack the dynamic exhaust, or does it just lack the override switch?

Either way, the Quicksilver eliminates the section of the dynamic exhaust that contains the switchable valves, so it's loud all the time.

One other point: The non-dynamic exhaust appears to be louder than the dynamic exhaust when on its quieter setting.

HTH.
to my understand all f types come with the dynamic mode but not all come with the active exhaust is this what you mean?

Thank you that helps! Didn't want to buy one without at AE and it be quite at low RPMs just because I missed out on the AE option

Old 12-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Prophizee
I have the quicksilver exhaust with the active exhaust option fitted to my car and it eliminates all the benefits of the active exhaust. Meaning it will always be at its most aggressive setting. The only difference between the actual dynamic mods would be if you set the car to dynamic mode you get more pops and crackles. Also just fyi make sure you get the newer spec version. I ordered mine back in September and the fitment was bad. Took me 2 months for them admit that it was an older spec exhaust and countless emails to finally get them to send a new one. So just make sure when you order get the new one. I have a v8 though not sure about the v6 version of the exhaust
Sweet, and would you prefer the QS or AE? QS doesn't take away from the cracks and gurgles does it?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:29 PM

It's at higher Rpms

Old 12-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
Took me 2 months for them admit that it was an older spec exhaust and countless emails to finally get them to send a new one.
There isn't an older & newer version of the exhaust. The fitment is the same across the V8 models. In fact, the V6 and the V8 fitment (meaning, how it mounts to the link pipes, where all the hangers are etc.) share fitment as well. Tips obviously in different locations.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Simran Singh Randhawa
Hey guys,

looking to buy an f-type but it doesn't come with the active exhaust option, and I really want the low rev gurgles and crackles as active exhaust would have I'm guessing.

So question is, if I fit a quicksilver will I be able to achieve that? And does the quicksilver exhaust cancel out the benefits of the active exhaust option, in other words, fitting the QS exhaust to a car /w Active exhaust would produce the same sound notes over all RPMs as would a car w/o the AE system fitted with QS?
Hello Simran,

We are just about to start a production run on V8 exhausts which will include a valvetronic (ie active compatible) option. Will be Race/Touring and will operate either on remote or with standard factory settings.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
There isn't an older & newer version of the exhaust. The fitment is the same across the V8 models. In fact, the V6 and the V8 fitment (meaning, how it mounts to the link pipes, where all the hangers are etc.) share fitment as well. Tips obviously in different locations.
oh really i am just going off what quicksilver told me that they had a newer spec exhaust. I'll send pics when I receive the replacement one you could be 100% right brother

Old 12-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd be willing to sell my Quicksilver exhaust w/ J-Pipes. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

I've posted some videos of my exhaust in an earlier thread (see here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post1369813)

Old 12-12-2016, 08:29 PM

I have an f type premium (not S) 2017 model and I was wondering if this quicksilver will produce the gurgles that the S produces naturally? I'm not talking about the "farts" when gears are shifted but the natural ones when one lets go of the gas. Sorry if I sound like a noob.

I noticed that my care rarely produces the gurgles

Old 12-14-2016, 01:01 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to buy a 1 week used Quicksilver exhaust for the V6 engines and live in the Bay Area, California let me know. I have one in my storage unit thats not being used. I've posted this on the For Sale forum as well.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Default Price

whats the price on your used quicksilver? I'll buy it for the right price.