Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Exhaust Launch Special: Jaguar FType V8S, V8R, SVR Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Sponsor
Received 823 Likes on 467 Posts
Default VelocityAP Exhaust Launch Special: Jaguar FType V8S, V8R, SVR Exhaust

Hello Everyone,

Next week we are beginning our first production run on the F-Type V8 exhaust systems we detailed here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...v6-v6s-170738/

All made from 304 grade mandrel bent stainless tubing. There will be 4 fixed sound levels available:

Race (XPipe Muffler Delete): $1395
Supersport: $1895
Sport: $1895
Touring: $1895
Valvetronic (Straight Pipes + Touring): $2495

The Valvetronic systems will include a remote control kit which can be installed to manually override the valve operation, or they can be left on the factory controls. We are not recommending the 'Race' systems for those with 200 cell cats fitted, and the Valvetronic system will be extremely loud on valve open operation if fitted with 200 cell cats. Most of you with cats or deletes are going to want the 'Touring' system. It's still pretty loud:

We will be selling the first 10 systems only at a 40% discount, available for pre-purchase as part of this production run. We will probably end up shipping the first couple completed before the Christmas break, and the rest 1st week of January. Since there aren't a bunch of these systems out there to judge the sound with stock cats etc, we will also be willing to offer free exchange of sound level for those choosing either the Sport, Supersport or Touring fixed sound levels.

We will have a discount code going live on our site shortly.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Sponsor

Okay, coupon code is live on our site, enter FTYPEEXLAUNCH at checkout to activate the discount. Quantities are limited on the launch pricing will be a first come first served basis.

The Supersport, Sport and Touring will be just like the setup posed in our thread - Xpipe muffler in/out with the quad tips. The Race setup is the same except with a naked XPipe in place of the rear muffler.

The Valvetronic will be the same but with muffler bypass pipes setup on valve operation.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Hi Stuart thats great news but i do have some questions im afraid.
Firstly your saying that people who have 200 cell cats should go with the touring setup but, its my understanding if im wrong that that is none switchable, so its loud all the time. My mrs will kill me lol.
Surely the better system if you have 200 cell cats (or a wife that hates the loud exhaust) would be the switchable system, where am i going wrong!!

Also can you tell me how much p&p would be to over here or are you considering having stock at David Applebys?

Thanks
Tim

Old 12-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Timbo
Hi Stuart thats great news but i do have some questions im afraid.
Firstly your saying that people who have 200 cell cats should go with the touring setup but, its my understanding if im wrong that that is none switchable, so its loud all the time. My mrs will kill me lol.
Surely the better system if you have 200 cell cats (or a wife that hates the loud exhaust) would be the switchable system, where am i going wrong!!

Also can you tell me how much p&p would be to over here or are you considering having stock at David Applebys?

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim,

Yes, I would recommend the 'Touring' setup for those with cats, or potentially the valved 'Race/Touring' - the touring muffler to my ear is not so much quieter than the standard muffler with valves open, but it is certainly smoother and more refined.

We may consider for these cars creating a Touring Plus muffler if people are interested in that, which would tone things down even further but allow you to pair with the bypass on the valved system.

It's probably about $300-400 shipping to the UK. Applebys may have some stock at some point, would have to wait for the next pallet going over.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Quick question, is the touring mode of the Valvetronic the same as the Touring sound for the fixed exhaust, or is it louder? I have the 200 cell cats installed.

Last edited by zmoothg; 12-12-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Quick question, is the touring mode of the Valvetronic the same as the Touring sound for the fixed exhaust, or is it louder? I have the 200 cell cats installed.
They will be the same - same physical muffler can, just with the addition of a valvetronic muffler bypass.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 08:17 PM

A valvetronic Touring version would be nice. I drive 90% of the time with valves open, but there are times the closing the valves comes in handy (like inside my parking garage). I find the stock exhaust with the 200 cell cats are too raspy, love the sound of your touring version but I am not sure I am ready to give up quiet mode completely.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Sponsor

Definitely having driven both 200 cell cats with stock exhaust and 200 cell cats with our Touring muffler, the tonal quality is a lot better. That Raspyness is diminished (it's largely a product of the chambered exhaust, which is great for cars with stock cats but not quite as good on sport cats.) Hard to describe, one of those intangibles but it just sounds.....better. Not much different on the volume but better.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-13-2016, 02:27 AM

If/when you launch your Touring Plus , I am first in line, currently on the fence for touring only.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry for being a pain Stuart but my understanding of your comments are that the valved exhaust your doing is that when the valves are closed its in the touring mode and when there open its in the race mode (bloody loud lol)
So basically you dont offer a quiet mode at the moment!!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Timbo
Sorry for being a pain Stuart but my understanding of your comments are that the valved exhaust your doing is that when the valves are closed its in the touring mode and when there open its in the race mode (bloody loud lol)
So basically you dont offer a quiet mode at the moment!!
Touring is similar in volume level to the stock setup, just tonally very different.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-14-2016, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Touring is similar in volume level to the stock setup, just tonally very different.
The Touring mode is similar in volume level to stock setup when the stock valves are open (Active Exhaust on), not closed. There is no quiet mode offered now.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello from Germany. I am also very interested in your exhaust. Did you do some decibel reading? Stock Sound with valves open doesn´t go more than 80db in low rpm. If your touring mode is like that then I can drive without being a cop magnet. In my area some police officers really do some decibel measurement and then shut down your car if it is too loud. Maximum decibel next to stock exhaust dynamic mode valves open was 124db....would be interested in the difference. Best regards Nick

Last edited by Luciddream; 12-14-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Luciddream
Hello from Germany. I am also very interested in your exhaust. Did you do some decibel reading? Stock Sound with valves open doesn´t go more than 80db in low rpm. If your touring mode is like that then I can drive without being a cop magnet. In my area some police officers really do some decibel measurement and then shut down your car if it is too loud. Maximum decibel next to stock exhaust dynamic mode valves open was 124db....would be interested in the difference. Best regards Nick
Hi Nick,

Sorry, we don't have any decibel readings, but the Touring Sound level, with original equipment cats is going to be pretty similar to the original equipment at the point you mentioned. Possibly a touch quieter/smoother.

Decibel readings are provided by some manufacturers but we found them to be highly inaccurate/variable based on the measurement equipment and method. There's not really any standardized methodology.

www.velocityap.com