F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Rear suspension problem

I took my car in to my dealer2 weeks ago to install the insulator sleeves to eliminate the clunk noise in the Rear, after several days they call me that my car was ready, short after driving out the dealer I felt the same noise. I took the car back several days later and today after 3 days they haven't figure out a where the noice it's coming from or how to fix it.
If any of you are having this issue, I love to hear about it.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts
Default Not me sorry...

Once the sleeves were in the noise went away. I wonder if your dealership did it wrong or left something undone. Always an issue with a car that is this new, dealers learn on it and sometimes guess wrong. Hope you get it sorted, sorry I'm not any help.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 AM

Pick up my car from my dealer last Friday for the 2nd time, after a quick test drive didn't feel anything, but after driving it for a few days I notice the clunk still there but not all the time and it seems to be coming from the right side only. I guess back to the dealer but I will tested for a few more days.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 219 Likes on 97 Posts

I would love o try and help but this is a new car and I don't have any experience with it.

If you jounce it up and down does it make the clunking noise?

Does it make the clunking noise when you hit a pot hole or a rough road, or its random?

If you accelerate and suddenly brake does the tire move?

If you could give more specifics perhaps I could be of help. A quick phone video?

You could try another dealer! If you are going to the collection, try warren henry, or viceversa

Don't get frustrated eventually they'll find a fix an if they don't there is that lemon law and you can get a new one!

Best of luck!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Thank you. It happens when the car chassis bents on uneven surface, the dealer is trying to find we're is coming from and I believe they're contacting Jaguar to seek help, I have to take it in Monday, so hopefully they can fix this issue but overall I'm very happy with the service they provided. I'm glad The Collection is handling this with priority, there service department and sales staff is the best and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
I will post a progress report next week!!

Last edited by Jmrscuderia; 08-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:45 PM

My dealer call me early this morning that my car was ready, when I asked what they did, they said that Jaguar asked them to re-due the sleeves and to re-torque everything again.
I drove it home and everything seems ok, I did not hear any clunk so I think this time they got it fix. Finally I can enjoy my F-Type.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmrscuderia
My dealer call me early this morning that my car was ready, when I asked what they did, they said that Jaguar asked them to re-due the sleeves and to re-torque everything again.
I drove it home and everything seems ok, I did not hear any clunk so I think this time they got it fix. Finally I can enjoy my F-Type.
The third time to the dealer was the charm! Good luck and enjoy your car.

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by bocatrip
The third time to the dealer was the charm! Good luck and enjoy your car.
Thank you and I will keep you updated if anything changes.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly is the suspension problem, and what are the insulator sleeves? Could someone please provide the part no.s and what should I tell my dealer? Does this affect all cars, or just some?

Thanks in advance...

Old 09-19-2013, 03:16 PM

Got the same problem. 500miles on clock. Knocking/clunking from rear when going over very gentle undulating roads/ slight bumps. Took in to dealer. Agreed a problem so put on ramps and suspected anti roll bar bushes. Took in today for reapir.. It's not. Need a dictat/memo/instruction from head office before they can repair. But none on system so they can't and are returning car unmended and I have to wait until Head Office have figured out what the issue is... without the car?

Please could you tell me the dealer that fixed your problem so that mine can call?

thanks

Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,065 Likes on 1,370 Posts

One of the members over on F-type Club posted a few pictures...
Thumping sound part II

Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts
Default British Motors

British Motors in San Jose, they said their was a bulletin out on it.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Couple of days ago I scheduled to take my car in for the sounds from rear end and my dealer in Fort Myers knew of the problem. He promised make sure the kit was in stock. Based upon his comments, I assume that most dealers know of the problem and the fix. If your dealer doesn't, I would have them call another dealer.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by monty2212
Got the same problem. 500miles on clock. Knocking/clunking from rear when going over very gentle undulating roads/ slight bumps. Took in to dealer. Agreed a problem so put on ramps and suspected anti roll bar bushes. Took in today for reapir.. It's not. Need a dictat/memo/instruction from head office before they can repair. But none on system so they can't and are returning car unmended and I have to wait until Head Office have figured out what the issue is... without the car?

Please could you tell me the dealer that fixed your problem so that mine can call?

thanks
Yes I took my Jag to The. Collection in Coral Gables Fl which is were I bought the car. They should be able to help you out in regards to this clunk issue. I still can't believe that Jaguar is pulling out this cars with this clunk issue which they known about for at least 3 months.
Good luck to you and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The parts seemed to be some clear tubes, looks like a coiled garden hose.

The repair was less than one day at my dealer.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 AM

To those members that have had the Jaguar fix installed and still have sound from your rear suspension, I have post an open request to Jag for their help on the F-Type Club Forum. Please login to that forum and add you name to the list requesting Jag to fix our problem.

I am not sure it will help, but it might.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Well I had the dealer double check the installation of the "Fix" and they felt that it was installed correctly. They stated that they would leave the ticket open and wait for Jag US to come up with a better solution. (I understand that is all THEY can do).

I e-mailed Jag USA customer relations using the JagUSA.com web site about my problem. Today I received a call from a Jag USA rep who said she would contact my Dealer and Jag Tech support to see what Jag is doing to fix the problem. I maybe wrong, but I got the feeling Jag thought the "Fix" fixed the problem.

I think if those F-Type owners who have had the "Fix" installed and still have the noise should contacted Jag USA, though the website. This might get us a get a fix.

Please let them know if you still have the problem.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by NaplesTopLess
Well I had the dealer double check the installation of the "Fix" and they felt that it was installed correctly. They stated that they would leave the ticket open and wait for Jag US to come up with a better solution. (I understand that is all THEY can do).

I e-mailed Jag USA customer relations using the JagUSA.com web site about my problem. Today I received a call from a Jag USA rep who said she would contact my Dealer and Jag Tech support to see what Jag is doing to fix the problem. I maybe wrong, but I got the feeling Jag thought the "Fix" fixed the problem.

I think if those F-Type owners who have had the "Fix" installed and still have the noise should contacted Jag USA, though the website. This might get us a get a fix.

Please let them know if you still have the problem.
Thank you for the info, I will contact them direct.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard that they are comming up with a solution to fix the problem. I think the clear isolators are just a band aid to help reduse the noise?

Old 10-04-2021, 04:34 PM

I've heard this noise could be the suspension or a unproperly seated battery. My noise only happens after the car has been sitting a while (1 day or more) and happens just about every time I leave my parking garage lot which is a sharp right turn and slightly down hill. If I don't hear it there, I'll end up hearing it on the first speed bump. However, I'll never hear it again on the drive or throughout the day.

Does this sound similar to the two causes? Or did you guys hear it all the time throughout your drive?

Quick Reply: Rear suspension problem