F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendation: XPEL in the Richmond / Central VA Area.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Recommendation: XPEL in the Richmond / Central VA Area.

Hey Guys,

I posted a week or so ago to introduce myself and share some pictures of my new F-Type S. Before the car was delivered, I did a ton of research looking for a shop to have the car wrapped in XPEL to protect the paint, and make my life easier (less stressful?). Believe it or not, it was very difficult to find an installer in this area with any kind of resume...Its probably easier for you guys in major metropolitan areas, but in Richmond and the Blue Ridge I noticed that most “internet storefronts” seemed a little….sketchy.

After considerable reading / research, Joe Deroche's (Capital Autobahnd) name came up several times on various other car forums -- tesla guys, porsche guys, etc. I decided to take the plunge and I can honestly tell you that I've had a better experience with Joe than with my dealer

Given how happy I am with his work - I thought others in the central Virginia area might want to consider his shop for XPEL in the future.

Customer Service (5/5): Although finding Joe’s contact information was a little tricky (the company’s web presence is a little awkward), the personal interaction with him has been fantastic. The first thing I did was ask half a dozen multi-part questions about how XPEL installation works, how he does installs (custom, template, etc), how they prep and finish the car, what the shop warranty is, etc. Joe answered every single question I had, in detail, and promptly. Joe picked up the car himself from the dealership the morning right before a blizzard, garaged it through the snow-storm, completed the install and returned it to the dealer for me to pick it up. He even occasionally travels for installs.

Pricing (4.5/5): Joe quoted me several estimates for various packages including wrapping the entire car, all of which were reasonable. While I may have been able to find a slightly better price elsewhere, the quality of his install (see below), more than makes up for it. To be honest, although wrapping an entire vehicle is never cheap, I feel like I got this done for a steal.

Quality (5/5): I’ve seen a lot of photos of the XPEL jobs that folks have gotten done here on the forum. Some of them are exceptional, and some of them were met with some regret. I’m exceptionally pleased with how the job turned out. There are no visible seams anywhere on any major panel, all the edges are wrapped, and the film extends right up to the headlights, fill cover, etc. The only places there are any seams are in spots where it is completely unavoidable and they are minimized. Even my dealer, after getting the car back, was “surprised” at how well it came out.

Enclosed are some pictures that Joe took during the install. If you guys want higher-res close ups I can certainly go take some.

Joe Deroche / Capital Autobahnd
Email: derochealie@mac.com
Web: Film ? Capital Autobahnd
Tel: (804) 314-4234

He sublets space presently from Clear Detail.
https://www.facebook.com/ClearDetailVa

The following 2 users liked this post by Uziel:
RodL (02-10-2021), TXJagR (01-30-2016)